Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How much haste to run with Affliction?

the title explains it all, which breakpoint would be best to rest at?

since demo isn't the go-to spec anymore i've decided to replace it with destro, so keep in mind which point would be a good benefit for both specs (minimal reforging)

also provide reasoning behind them -- thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wzrdy View Post

since demo isn't the go-to spec anymore i've decided to replace it with destro, so keep in mind which point would be a good benefit for both specs (minimal reforging)

It's kind of over my head how you have Storm's End, you cleared at least 11 bosses in SoO but... YOU CAN"T SEE THE 5.4 GUIDES AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE... they kind of tell you numbers and why >.> .

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    It's kind of over my head how you have Storm's End, you cleared at least 11 bosses in SoO but... YOU CAN"T SEE THE 5.4 GUIDES AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE... they kind of tell you numbers and why >.> .
    Calm down.

To the OP: it depends on your gear. Until probably 560 I'd recommend the 9778 BP (which also works well with demo OS) and once you start getting some heroic gear, go for 13737.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Numidia View Post
    Calm down.

To the OP: it depends on your gear. Until probably 560 I'd recommend the 9778 BP (which also works well with demo OS) and once you start getting some heroic gear, go for 13737.
    some ppl are saying that it might be better to go for the 13737 haste BP sooner than ilvl 560 gear, some even say as soon as ilvl 550ish gear but i think it comes down to preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wzrdy View Post

Demo > Destro. Other then that just follow what others have said. Destro is good on fights that play well to its strengths.

Really doesn't matter, as long as you're minimizing the amount of crit you have as much as possible any amounts of haste / mastery you're sporting are gonna do the trick. Is all preference.

Personally I prefer mastery keeping haste close behind. Plateau's still not important because of pandemic like its been the whole expansion.

In all probability you should replace destro with aff and keep demo, don't really see destro being great at anything this coming tier besides cheesing aoe. Also destro's reforge is mastery > crit >> haste where aff / demo are both good with mastery > haste or haste > mastery
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2013-09-15 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

In all probability you should replace destro with aff and keep demo, don't really see destro being great at anything this coming tier besides cheesing aoe. Also destro's reforge is mastery > crit >> haste where aff / demo are both good with mastery > haste or haste > mastery
    actually when you drop ULVS in higher gear demo will be like crit>mastery>haste and the only spec that works with affli's reforge is destr.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangrah View Post
    UVLS is BIS in demo, even the Normal version.
    I might be wrong, but im sure that's not true when considering SoO trinkets.

Havent played demo since pre-patch so Im not completely sure, but I already disliked the whack-a-mole RNG that was UVLS-doom, and I cant imagine that without EA glyph and inflated procrates from haste.

Regarding destro vs demo: yes demo is better on most fights. But on the same fights affliction beats both. Where demo is better than affliction --> destro would be better. As people always keep saying, destro is great when a fight caters to it's niches. It just happens, afaik, to be better than demo in those situations you'd use demo for. The only kind of fight where im not sure would be council fight, and the only one this tier is fallen protectors, and affliction seems to be working great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post

Regarding destro vs demo: yes demo is better on most fights. But on the same fights affliction beats both. Where demo is better than affliction --> destro would be better. As people always keep saying, destro is great when a fight caters to it's niches. It just happens, afaik, to be better than demo in those situations you'd use demo for. The only kind of fight where im not sure would be council fight, and the only one this tier is fallen protectors, and affliction seems to be working great for that.
    With ulvs, fallen protectors, is still a demo-favor encounter. Doom on all 3 bosses won't bring them to low HP breakpoints and they easily can be multidotd' during ulvs.
    green is the color!

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    some ppl are saying that it might be better to go for the 13737 haste BP sooner than ilvl 560 gear, some even say as soon as ilvl 550ish gear but i think it comes down to preference.
    At 550 ilvl unless you have basically all crit gear it's not possible to get to the 9778 breakpoint - lowest you can really get is around 11500ish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    At 550 ilvl unless you have basically all crit gear it's not possible to get to the 9778 breakpoint - lowest you can really get is around 11500ish.
    For that reason I think it's a bad idea to go for anything except the 13737 point. Even though it's true that it will only make a small difference between haste <-> mastery, being at ~12k haste because you can't get lower is silly.

Also someone said breakpoints don't matter because of pandemic, but that's not true. Your dots still extend once you reach the breakpoint, gaining an additional tick. For example, at 13736 haste your Corruption will tick 12 times 1,44s apart for a total of 17,28s. With 13737 haste, it will tick 13 times 1,439s apart for a total of 18,71s.

Obviously the advantage is not that the time between ticks becomes so much shorter from gaining the breakpoint, but it is that the total duration of the dot gets extended. This is actually amplified, not mitigated, by pandemic. Multiplying both numbers by 1,5 the total duration including pandemic is 25,92s vs 28,07s. The thing you gain from this is that you spend significantly less time casting Corruption (or whatever dot the breakpoint is for), giving you more time to cast MG/DS.

So, in conclusion: it doesn't matter all that much, what breakpoint you go for is mostly preference, but make sure you are going for a breakpoint and not some random amount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Demo > Destro. Other then that just follow what others have said. Destro is good on fights that play well to its strengths.
    wich is just about half the fights in SoO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    This is exactly what keeps running through my head... Telling people in 550+ gear to go for the 9778 bp just sounds like a big fat misslead. It's not even possible, for me anyway...

That's why I like to pass every single crit gear and looks forward to optimize my gear, I'm with 549 ilvl~ have only 3400 crit rating, 11100 of haste and over 15100 mastery rating. Now I need to change my shoulder and ring to lose more crit since all our weapons have crit this patch. /sad

Waiting more 2 items probably to go for 13737 haste BP.
    Don't wanna to regem a couple gems to haste and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    The thing you gain from this is that you spend significantly less time casting Corruption (or whatever dot the breakpoint is for), giving you more time to cast MG/DS.
    This is regurgitated old thinking that no longer applies BECAUSE of pandemic and reactively snapshoting procs. Couple that with how far apart a lot of our plateau's are for each individual dot and this logic has long since been tossed out the window.

It's the reason why you see almost no difference being just under a plateau vs being at or slightly over it during a sim. Because they no longer really matter, the only time they were very tangible this whole xpac was the number of doom ticks you could get during a single uvls proc since it was the only dot you cared about in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    This is exactly what keeps running through my head... Telling people in 550+ gear to go for the 9778 bp just sounds like a big fat misslead. It's not even possible, for me anyway...
    Unless they literally grabbed every piece of gear with crit on it they could it's not possible. Huge piece of misinformation to tell people in 550+ gear to go for 9778.

Deleted
    Got to disagree with you gentlemen. I'm atm on 549 equipped with 3957 crit (gaze of arrogance doesn't help) and I can easily get to 10461 haste with 14552 mastery. Getting to exactly the 9778 bp isn't feasible, no but neither is my haste at the 11,5k mark. And I'm definitely not saying my itemization would be perfect, there's too much crit and hit on the gear for my liking, but that's partially up to rng + loot gods.

For those interested, got crit on shoulders (t15 tier), leg cloak, staff, and both rings.

So no, the 9778 isn't that far off and if you can't get to it then just consider yourselves lucky with the items you've gotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muoric View Post
    3957 crit
    *jealous* im stuck at around 7k crit with 551 ilv -.-

Picked up a tier token (used as a helm since h.thok is a ways off and its perfect itemization for aff) from our second garrosh kill group tonight and did the 2/2 thing. Oddly sims are saying to drop 2xT15 and run w' best itemized though at a 555ilvl I can't get below 11.2K haste with about 16.4K mastery and only 2218 crit. Thus my T15 gloves are gone and my durumu gloves are in. (and praying for celestials to drop hands lol) Sims say the 13737 point is a couple thousand gain for aff and about a thousand and change loss to demo.

However, if you drop imp swarm glyph haste climbs a bit for demo and its about net neutral. So for the popular aff/demo (however you roll main vs off) it seems there is a silver lining to going up in haste once you can't realistically be near the 9778 haste breakpoint.