Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does Garrosh leave a souvenir?

In WotLK, there is the fountain in Dalaran where you can rewatch the ending cinematic. In Cata, idk know about for the Alliance, but in Org, a piece of Deathwing's jaw is hanging by the earthshrine portals. So I was wondering is there something in the cities (Org or SW) or the 2 shrines in the Vale left over from Garrosh where people can rewatch the final cinematic? And if there is what is it?

Sorry if a thread like this as already been posted

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, good question, but I don't think so. Not really that big deal since the cinematic on Alliance and Horde's side is already released thanks to world first kills and circulating around Youtube. You can just look it up and bam, it's there.

It'd be cool if there was something like that. Not necessary, but it'd be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will most likely add it, but maybe a month after SoO, just like they did with Deathwing

There is. It appears in the Vale, inbetween the Horde and Alliance places, near the entrance to SoO. Two banners (one for each cinematic.) If you click the Horde one without a Horde guild having killed it, nothing happens.

There is also the option to rewatch the cinematic where Emperor Shaohao says all's good and makes a tree. Very moving stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't deserve a memorial.

Deleted
    There is a memorial of sorts next to the entrance of the raid. Not sure if it shows for everyone or you have to kill garrosh and turn in the quest you get from cho before you can see it though.

Deleted
    I guess the trial in pandaria will be the souvenir, perhaps after that? Hmmm.

Oh, it didn't even occur to me that it might be phased. IDK if you can see it if you've not killed him yourself.

Once Garrosh gets killed on your server a blossoming tree with 4 celestials around it will appear near SoO enterance, where the goblin excavation point is. Next to the tree stands Lorewalker Cho with 2 banners next to him - Alliance and Horde, the other faction's banner isn't clickable until that faction kills Garrosh aswell.

Our server downed him, but I'm not seeing any tree or banners. Where are they, exactly? I've looked all over the area outside the raid entrance.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so when Garrosh is defeated he leaves his shoulderpads for looting. That's neat.

As for the cinematic re-watching, if you interact with the Heart of Y'shaarj Fragment on the ground you get a quest to take it to the Vale. There's a short cutscene giving an epilogue to the Sha storyline and then (I believe only then but may be wrong come 5.5) you get two scrolls near where the cutscene dumps you at. One can show the Horde version of the cutscene, the other can show the Alliance version.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    One can show the Horde version of the cutscene, the other can show the Alliance version.
    All these years of having a split canon on major raid involving Alliance/Horde points of view that are completely incompatible and we finally have a raid in which both are acknowledged? Sweet.

Okay so when Garrosh is defeated he leaves his shoulderpads for looting. That's neat.

As for the cinematic re-watching, if you interact with the Heart of Y'shaarj Fragment on the ground you get a quest to take it to the Vale. There's a short cutscene giving an epilogue to the Sha storyline and then (I believe only then but may be wrong come 5.5) you get two scrolls near where the cutscene dumps you at. One can show the Horde version of the cutscene, the other can show the Alliance version.
    Do they have to actually do the quest to get the banner and trees, there, though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    All these years of having a split canon on major raid involving Alliance/Horde points of view that are completely incompatible and we finally have a raid in which both are acknowledged? Sweet.
    Although in all honesty I would have preferred just the one Horde cinematic for everyone. The exclusive material in the Alliance version really amounts to nothing, other than reinforcing that Jaina is crazy and that Anduin likes peace. Which of course is news to no one.

15+ Year Old Account
    they'd only do that if what happens during the Garrosh cinematic is supposed to be "big fat secret that nobody has to know" :P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Actually the way it works is they are both the same scenario, but showing different parts.

MEGA MASSIVE SPOILERS ABOUT THE ENDING OF MISTS OF PANDARIA

They both show Thrall and Varian agree to let Garrosh stand trial in Pandaria for his war crimes.

Then the Alliance one has Jaina telling Varian to use this chance to wipe out the Horde once and for all. While the Horde one has the selection of Vol'jin as Warchief.

Then they both have Varian making peace with Vol'jin on the grounds that "some among you fought against Garrosh's tyranny." And saying that if the Horde forsakes Honor again, "we will end you."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Soooooo. Anyone? I can't find the tree or banners. Did they need to turn in the quest for it to appear, or does just beating Garrosh automatically unlock it?

By souvenir I assumed you meant the sort that my dog leaves in the garage when it's too cold outside.

He leaves his shoulderpads.
    Which may or may not contain his shoulderpads.
    Huh.

Also I know Alliance on my server has killed Garrosh but I have not seen any shrine...maybe I'll go check that out though now.

-snip-
    I've seen them both on the front page, they're not exactly a secret. That was more of a jab at them finally letting both sides see each other's scenes because until this raid, they'd often been completely different from each other. Like the scene with Saurfang's son being heavily Alliance favored for its touching dialog or the "whose airship actually 'took down Deathwing'" question that got brought up because of NPC dialog at the start of MoP.