Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV

The single greatest VG soundtrack of all time. The original one that is, in all its low-fi glory. No stupid rock/guitars or orchestrated versions.

Last edited by deepr; 2014-04-24 at 09:41 PM.

I was discussing this with a few friends today - I've always had a soft spot for music in video games. There's something about excellent compositions that invoke insanely strong feelings within me that can turn even a mediocre game into a spectacle, and can turn good games into masterpieces. My favourite piece of music from any video game is "You're Not Alone" from Final Fantasy IX, even 14 years later that music still gives me the most wonderful nerd chills.

I finished Halo 4 for the first time yesterday, and whilst the game itself wasn't bad, I found myself almost in tears during the final section of the last level because the music felt absolutely perfect. The scenery was so good, but the composition while you're reaching the end was the most breathtaking part of that game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I was discussing this with a few friends today - I've always had a soft spot for music in video games.
    You done necro'ed!

How could you?! Seriously, I thought there was a newer thread than this one...
    In a perpetual state of indifference
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That's ok, my therapist warned me about you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Jester Joe? More like Jester Bro. Got my back.

I couldn't find one, then I was gonna create a new one, then I saw this one in the sticky.

I WAS LOST OKAY I'm feelin' raw right now from all this music.

Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    There's so many good ones from Final Fantasy to The Old Republic. One of my all time favorite tracks is the skyward sword theme, hell all the music from Zelda series is good but this one was just an epic unforgettable way to start you off.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    -
    Issac Asimov, Foundation.

Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL PROFILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I couldn't find one, then I was gonna create a new one, then I saw this one in the sticky.

I WAS LOST OKAY I'm feelin' raw right now from all this music.
    Oh it's in the sticky? I didn't even know that. Maybe one should be stickied in general.
    In a perpetual state of indifference
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That's ok, my therapist warned me about you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Jester Joe? More like Jester Bro. Got my back.

I was a Video Games live in Stockholm a few months ago....

AMAZING!

I have a few games with awesome music i really like!

Skyrim theme is good, the choir in the background is amazing and gives me the chills!

World Of Warcraft has a lot of awesome music! The Barrens Original soundtrack brings back so many memories!

I might just be a Mega fan of the series. But Mass Effect has some awesome music to!

Hope you enjoy some of it!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!