Thread: PvP as a Rogue

  1. #1

    PvP as a Rogue

    Hey guys, today i played some 3v3 with a druid/hunter comp, i was the lowest rated one yet i think i'm quite decent with my sub rogue. We won one match and lost one, the the druid rage quitted bc "i trinketed that.. and i failed that" blah blah..

    Now I'm really crushed bc I always had some sort of trust in my skills...

    Can any of you guys give me some advice on what to do when and what do look out for ,not only as a rogue but some rogue tips are really appreciated, in a 3v3 setting?

    [I've read through the MoP sub pvp guide here but apparently it wasn't helpful]

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aafar/advanced armory here

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    Hey guys, today i played some 3v3 with a druid/hunter comp, i was the lowest rated one yet i think i'm quite decent with my sub rogue. We won one match and lost one, the the druid rage quitted bc "i trinketed that.. and i failed that" blah blah..

    Now I'm really crushed bc I always had some sort of trust in my skills...

    Can any of you guys give me some advice on what to do when and what do look out for ,not only as a rogue but some rogue tips are really appreciated, in a 3v3 setting?

    [I've read through the MoP sub pvp guide here but apparently it wasn't helpful]

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aafar/advanced armory here
    1. There is no point in reforging to Haste
    2. You don't have Blind glyph
    3. You gem agi/crit, you should gem agi/mastery
    4. You are missing the "belt buckle" in your belt that allows you 1 extra socket

    Fix this for starters before u go into advance mode:P
    Last edited by shogunx; 2013-10-13 at 10:02 PM.

  3. #3
    so, reforging into what?
    2. blind glyph instead of the hemo one?
    3. kay, didn't know that
    4. don't have the money for it, only 600g atm ( thanks for the tip tho)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    so, reforging into what?
    2. blind glyph instead of the hemo one?
    3. kay, didn't know that
    4. don't have the money for it, only 600g atm ( thanks for the tip tho)
    2.Your blind glyph is the only mandatory glyph for you, without it your blind is useless. The rest you can pick depending on what ur facing. Blind/cheapshot/garrote is usually the main choice.

    3. Mastery is your second best stat, so yes mastery > crit.

  5. #5
    yeah blind useless without the glyph, damn those hunters multidotting serpent sting

  6. #6
    thanks for the tips up till now guys, do you maybe also have tips on who to focus down generally in arena? Most of the time i open on DPS, should i go healer more often?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    thanks for the tips up till now guys, do you maybe also have tips on who to focus down generally in arena? Most of the time i open on DPS, should i go healer more often?
    There is no real answer for this question since it revolves around so many different comp makes ups you can face.

  8. #8
    Crit > mastery once you get into the grievous gear. For now mastery reforge is good but you have to be aggressive with eviscerate. Marked for death is good for this.

  9. #9
    As a general rule, yes, you want to sit on a DPS because it's too easy for a healer who's not pressured to dispel CC and a DPS who's left alone can put out threatening damage and CC BUT that's just in general. Especially in 3s, you're going to be trying to force CDs and target-swap accordingly until you leave the other team vulnerable enough to score a kill. Targets who don't have strong defensive CDs and slippery mobility are better targets, e.g., an ele shaman is a good target because their damage is weak while they're being tunneled and you don't have to get through say, two ice blocks before you can hope to get a kill.

    As a rogue, a BIG part of your job is to give your team some breathing room. Check out Reckful's Cata video on keeping control as a rogue if you're not already familiar with it: http://www.4shared.com/video/FM06_Yy..._Reckful_-.htm

    Other than that, TALK to your team. "I'm cloaking this. I have a blind for him after this cyclone. Eating this trap. I'm out of peels-- dismantling him", etc. Learn when you need to use CDs and when you need to save them because your healer has you covered. Communication is a huge part of this, especially as you're learning how your teammates play.

    The other suggestions are valid and most are explained. Haste isn't helpful when you don't have 100% uptime on a target. And in PvP, that just doesn't happen.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    thanks for the tips up till now guys, do you maybe also have tips on who to focus down generally in arena? Most of the time i open on DPS, should i go healer more often?
    This is the beauty of rogue, you can sometimes pick the kill target with a smoke bomb. But it doesn't always work so it's not 100% guaranteed to get you the kill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •