Timeless Isle Rares DROP CHANCE

I have killed over 300 rares in a low pop realm and im not even half way done with the "Bigger bag" achievement.

Does the chance get reduced by crossrealm or something?

I know its a stupid question but i know ppl who did way less killing than me and their achies are getting completed too fast.

...You are that far? I've assumed the 2.5% drop rate was pretty accurate. I've been farming loads, and I've not gotten any cosmetic item that isn't a guaranteed drop. Not heard anything of people completing the achievement. CRZ should have no impact though. It shouldn't be active there.

Im a bit less than half way done with the achie. But its driving me crazy... I mean, i killed each rare over 40 times or something crazy like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten two of them so far. One was insanely useful for rare hunting: +500 stats, 15 minute cooldown. http://www.wowdb.com/items/86569-crystal-of-insanity

But yeah the drop rates are very very low.

Deleted
    Just btw, Crystal of insanity is very easy to get from those eerie crystals. Especially in off hours!

Too bad the buff doesn't persist throught death, but that'd be too much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've gotten two of them so far. One was insanely useful for rare hunting: +500 stats, 15 minute cooldown. http://www.wowdb.com/items/86569-crystal-of-insanity

Well, yes Sulik'shor is still being farmed day and night on my medium-low pop server. It's nice to have another source for that item.

Many of the rare items available on the Isle are the same as items dropped elsewhere, so there are alternate sources in those cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    That bloody achievement should award a 30-slot backpack.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Making those items drop on Timeless isle effectivelly made them as rare as grass. I spent quite some time farming sulik'shor on my chars
    just to have it drop on day one on timeless isle for my friend who never cba to farm sulik. But i guess thats the model of the game nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the crystal giving +500 to all stats, the leaf thing giving a druid ability and the pirate item off the ship, that's about it.
    Oh, and forager gloves, while I don't have any gathering profession /facedesk
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Not isolated to the Timeless Isle, you can use it anywhere. Quite handy.

I think I might have 3 items over 2 toons. Maybe 100 rare kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    The drops on the isle have definitely been nerfed down to more normal levels. During the first two/three days everything dropped like expired candy.
    Achievements - especially the ones like this one - shouldn't be done in days time. The best achievements are those that take month, or even years. What makes them tedious is the attempt to complete them with almost obsessive grinding attempts. But chances are, that they are simply not meant to be done just that fast.

For myself, I have more than one toon. I consider grinding for whatever it is a complete waste of time, since I have a lot more other things to do that are of more importance. Even though I am an achievement whore myself, I rationalize myself with them.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I have like, 10 items I think, killed around 300 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    That bloody achievement should award a 30-slot backpack.
    You don't need to keep them in your bags/bank at all. Just looting them will tick that part of the achievement off your list.