Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Kind of agree. Takes a special kind of stupid to do a threatening gesture towards the White House.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    As it should be. If you're stupid enough to throw dangerous goods at the white house, you deserve what's coming to you.
    Threatening ? Dangerous ? It's some firecrackers ffs, not grenades.

Still not a clever idea though.

edit : the article says he is being processed. What is the offence exactly ? Is it illegal to throw fireworks unless it is a special holiday ? I have no idea about american law, but here in switzerland they would soooo not have a case.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

9/16. NEVER FORGET! Soon muricans shall attack China or somewhere where those firecrackers were produced. Mark my words

Remember, remember the 17th September.
    Firecrackers, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why firecrackers,
    should ever be forgot...
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Clearly fireworks should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post

edit : the article says he is being processed. What is the offence exactly ? Is it illegal to throw fireworks unless it is a special holiday ? I have no idea about american law, but here in switzerland they would soooo not have a case.
    Throwing anything over the White House fence should be perceived as a potential threat. Try doing that at a military base and see what happens.

Deleted
    Those bloody sneaky Al-Queda's! First the launch a holy war now they are trying to win us over with pranks. I'm not fooling for it al-Zawahr you cheeky little scamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Clearly fireworks should be banned.
    Clearly it's the fireworks companies fault for selling to a mentally unstable man. We should pass a bill where you have to have a license and a thorough background, and mental evaluation before buying sparklers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Terrorists are getting desperate this days.
    Lol'd /chars

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    9/16. NEVER FORGET! Soon muricans shall attack China or somewhere where those firecrackers were produced. Mark my words
    I'm not even American and I felt a bit disgusted about your comment. You should show some respect to those who passed 9/11 and leave such comments to yourself and as a joke it was bad nonetheless.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that was just silly to do...

What the hell is going on in DC? O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I'm a bit surprised we aren't handing this guy a Darwin award today.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Clearly it's the fireworks companies fault for selling to a mentally unstable man. We should pass a bill where you have to have a license and a thorough background, and mental evaluation before buying sparklers.
    Fireworks are serious business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would do such a dumb thing? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was just trying to liven things up with a pretty display of festivities and sparkly things.

Oppressive government detected, Obama against fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Firework hate crime.
    It saddens me how quickly Obama is willing to shit on our rights when it suits him.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post

Pretty sure it's illegal to set off fireworks on someone else's private property. And depending on the type of firework, they might be illegal to set off in urban areas (no idea what the law on this is in DC). But unless they try and argue that he was intentionally trying to cause harm (or panic... I suppose technically they could try and call it terrorism) I don't think it would be more than a misdemeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah... I'm a bit surprised we aren't handing this guy a Darwin award today.
    meh. he disqualified himself from the running when he failed to preface it with "hold my beer!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    As it should be. If you're stupid enough to throw dangerous goods at the white house, you deserve what's coming to you.
    should the guy be arrested and charged...sure...Its probably illegal to do that to anyones yard. but it is a bit of a stretch to say any real danger was present. If anything it is pretty hilarious.

bad timing? absolutely lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Kind of agree. Takes a special kind of stupid to do a threatening gesture towards the White House.
    He threw some firecrackers over the fence. The appropriate penalty in most jurisdications is going to be pretty minor. It's making a statement, not an "attack". What's next, making flipping off the White House punishable by a life sentence? Summary executions of protesters? You sound like you would have treated the first President Bush's infamous broccoli growing critics to an artillery bombardment.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)