Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Streamers And Donations

You know, I do enjoy some of the streams out there for entertainment. I can only help to re-think my life though when I see people just randomly giving $500, $1,000 and $5,000 donations to people. What it takes most people to earn in 1-3 months, people just willingly give away to people playing games on the internet.

http://imgur.com/NCvtK4t

The majority of the stream, the chat is just spamming "Lopl" "123" "faggot" and "aids". I didn't know entertaining a "younger" audience could be so lucrative.

I understand the smaller donations, but even with $100 million locked away in the bank, I couldn't justify giving $4,000 away to someone because I found them entertaining while playing games. Maybe the guy is drunk? I don't know, I want to hear what everyone else thinks about streamers receiving huge lump sum donations.

Deleted
    Even if i was a billionaire I would not give away a single penny to a streamer, except for that crippled lad that plays games with chopsticks in his mouth.

It's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.

Any streamer likely to receive those ridiculous donations (Cosmowright comes to mind) is also going to have a chat that's borderline unreadable. But that's just due to the number of people watching. So short of going sub-only, there's nothing the streamer can do to stop that...and I don't really think they should be judged by their chat.

This streamer received a $50,000~ donation at one time if I remember correctly. Some people claim it was from a very rich person (or a millionaire rather) from Dubai or something along the lines of that, which isn't too surprising when you think about it.

Deleted
    sodapoppin got like a 10k donation once or something on stream, some millionaire from dubai keeps donating stupid ammounts to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    This streamer received a $50,000~ donation at one time if I remember correctly. Some people claim it was from a very rich person (or a millionaire rather) from Dubai or something along the lines of that, which isn't too surprising when you think about it.
    He is a prince.

Don't forget all his subs too. He's got like 1k subs who pay 5 dollars a month. Someone said he's made at least 250k so far this year although that sounds a bit excessive.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    He is a prince.

Don't forget all his subs too. He's got like 1k subs who pay 5 dollars a month. Someone said he's made at least 250k so far this year although that sounds a bit excessive.
    Streamers only get $2.50/month from a subscription, fyi. The rest goes to Twitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time I saw him begging for a Hearthstone key he said he had 2,600 subscribers or something along that line.

I'm not judging him by his chat alone, but his chat is far worse than any other stream out there. I know money is relative. $4,000 to "lol_cow" or whoever that is might be a pack of ramen noodles to me, but it's still just insane to think about giving so much money away to a streamer.

Yea its depressing. Probably just jealosy but Soda is kinda a douche, I dont see why people would give him money.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hated Sodapoppin at first but now i don't actually mind him, i just despise the kids in the chat.

I personally wouldn't donate to anyone, even people who aren't streamers.

Deleted

Wish I was a girl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I hated Sodapoppin at first but now i don't actually mind him, i just despise the kids in the chat.

I personally wouldn't donate to anyone, even people who aren't streamers.

i've wtched him a bit, can't tell if he's really a complete douche, or just an attitude he puts on for his stream

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Wish I was a girl

Me too, i would hit the nearest fresh produce market, buy all the penis shaped items i could find, lock the doors and do work for 6 months-7 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post

Wish I was a girl

not just that she's a girl, sodapoppin got a 10k donation from the same "amhai" guy, i tihnk reckful got a large donation from him aswell.

May be for those people 10k is not much at all. It's their money, after all, they can do whatever they want with it. Want to get random tips? Impress someone enough for them to give you money.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    May be for those people 10k is not much at all. It's their money, after all, they can do whatever they want with it. Want to get random tips? Impress someone enough for them to give you money.
    the guys like a billionaire from dubai or something, 10k for him like giving pennies away.

I honestly think soda puts on an act for his main stream. But his private streams are so chill he's completely different.

Man it's just like professional sports now isn't it? How many 10 year old kids will be streaming CoD thinking they are going to be like this after hearing how much money and fame these people get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, so you're telling me all I have to do to be rich and famous is stream WoW and act like I have tourettes?

Good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Huh, so you're telling me all I have to do to be rich and famous is stream WoW and act like I have tourettes?

Good deal!
    Or fake being a handicapped individual. Just make sure you don't get up and walk away, like this fucktard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbtdLKZJWVY