Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    I feel pride in the cloak. It's many months of work finally paying off.
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Bullshit. Flat out lying right here.

    Seriously, if you have to resort to such ridiculous comments then your argument is null and void.

    So what if you can do it in LFR? Remember how many people struggled with the PvP parts, or the solo scenerio parts, or when you have to battle Wrathion?

    Exactly. Now shush.
    no sense responding to this, because of your opinion of it being hard.

  3. #63
    As if you were any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassZ1890 View Post
    There is literally no excuse to NOT have one of them on at least one character! It is the ultimate definition of welfare legendary! No work really required, just time. I honestly PRAY that they do NOT do this again. I don't care if I cant have a Legendary, what I do care about is that the Legendary items are, you know, actually Legendary!
    What about never having raided in your entire life? There's more people like that playing the game right now than there are raiders.

    This legendary was actually more work then any other before it. That work just happened to be stretched out over a year.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because you are calling the legencary itself welfare, thus attacking the work to get said legendary as it's stand alone process. His example is a perfect one because it WAS literally handed to you as a bonus for killing a boss. No extra work at all was required. As a matter of fact, this legendary has required more work from a single player than ANY OTHER legendary in WoW history. Period. Just because you don't agree with it for whatever reason and felt the need to create this elitist thread does not change that fact. My original post's point still stands strong.
    Not at all.

    If you could down Illidan during current content to get it, then good for you. You had to be somewhat good to get it, unlike now

    Good try though?

  5. #65
    Welfare legendary is completely appropriate.

    The other legendaries required drops that would either be very hard bosses, or one per person. The most dedicated raiders or officers, those that commited the most to the team and game and were loyal were rewarded with the legendary, it meant to something to be the designated recipient of the legendary. I remember shadowmourne going to the officer that had helped organise raids and stuff. It took time, some difficulty in parts, and dedication . You had a loot council , you had guild drama (which was interesting at least), you had people missing one week and getting set back, you had the eager people trying to get the second one.

    The legendary cloak is incredibly impersonal and pretty mcuh shows the direction of the game.

    The cloak does not require dedication nor skill, and everyone can have it.

    It is the defenition of welfare legendary, the only thing you have to do is raid consistently to get it.
    Last edited by Morrissey; 2013-09-17 at 01:18 AM.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Referring to something as welfare that you have to do entirely on your own seems counterintuitive to me.


    No, you didn't. There aren't even enough bosses in 2 LFRs to do that. You might have gotten them in 2 weeks of LFRs, but then you got really lucky to not get oodles of useless sigils while waiting for that final 10th sigil of the other type.

    What makes the glaives welfare is that you didn't have to do anything beyond killing Illidan. The cloak is a lot of work, the glaives are just luck.
    Not two wings, I meant two different full raid LFR's

    I was wrong, corrected myself

  7. #67
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Super sunny ...eh....wet and windy Scotland
    Posts
    5,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    no sense responding to this, because of your opinion of it being hard.
    Some people found the solo challenge difficult, heck I have friends that are normal/heroic raiders, and have a huge leap up on my gear power wise, and were banging their heads on the wall, while, me with my 505ilevel nailed it after 4 attempts, albeit it was quite long due to me having lower damage and taking longer to burn him down.

    But they weren't having problems because of being bad players, but because some classes struggled more than others.

    Everyones skill level is different, what you find easy others may find challenging, that doesn't make them bad players.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Those people with a legendary cloak and really bad gear still had to spend months doing a bunch of boring shit to farm that cloak. In fact someone with really bad gear had to go out of his way to get all of the silly things done, while for a raider who is more than a few bosses into normal, the cloak quest is mostly stuff he would be doing anyway.

    So, whatever.
    Someone with bad gear also had to work really hard to beat Wrathion. If anything, this legendary is welfare for heroic raiders, since they can just roflstomp any of the challenging parts by overgearing them.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Don't let it get to you, YOU know the amount of time that YOU put into it, and thats all that matters, you actually played the game for all those months, put in the time and effort. Those people that like to belittle others aren't worthy of your time! So long as you are having fun, fuck em.
    Well... it certainly requires time... not much actual effort though. Time != effort.

  10. #70
    Well you can be mad all you want but you're still wearing at welfare legendary cloak.

  11. #71
    The Unstoppable Force Hysteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / PoE
    Posts
    21,492
    No not really I got my cloak by afk'ing in LFR I didn't do shit this expansion I didn't even do many normals lol so in this case all I had to do was play the entire expansion without any effort hell the fucking celestial challenge was a joke since my experience in raiding is quite high so I destroyed that and left with a cloak that took no effort whatsoever I can see the challenge being hard to some players I won't lie about that.

    lol'd
    Last edited by Hysteria; 2013-09-17 at 01:23 AM.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Well you can be mad all you want, but you'll are still wearing a welfare legendary cloak.
    Lol my thoughts

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I had extremely bad RNG from 10 to 20 of the Secrets. Set me back by a long shot. Currently on 9/12 Runestones.

    So yeah - assuming RNG didn't screw you up, you would have it by now.
    I started halfway through 5.3 (I created this char, I wasn't lazy), still got it now this week and I was most definitely not lucky with Secrets/Runestones. You did fuck around (you didn't clear ToT every lockout obviously) and that's why you don't have your cape now.

    Bad RNG or not, it's impossible not to have it if you didn't start just recently or fucked around.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  14. #74
    At worst possible luck, you'll need 32 weeks to get all secrets and runestones. That's more than half a year. Add to that that they didn't even drop guaranteed from Lei Shen during the first weeks of ToT, and you can easily run into people who did in fact not get all their rune stones before 5.4 hit simply because they didn't drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Not at all.

    If you could down Illidan during current content to get it, then good for you. You had to be somewhat good to get it, unlike now

    Good try though?
    No, you only needed 24 people who could down him without you and were willing to hand you the glaives. Unlikely, but not impossible.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-09-17 at 01:27 AM.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Someone with bad gear also had to work really hard to beat Wrathion. If anything, this legendary is welfare for heroic raiders, since they can just roflstomp any of the challenging parts by overgearing them.
    Still welfare. Those parts you mention were either nerfed or in fact not hard at all. Most were not hard at all. (Even at lower gear levels, like LFR)
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Does that term bother you at all? I mean after all the work you put in. It took some people almost an entire year to achieve that final cloak. I took me 6 months and someone called it a welfare legendary. How could they. I'm a little fired up about that term. Never have I worked hard for something in a video game before. Does it bother you when its referred to as welfare?
    Bothers me very much, both the statement itself and the community trend it represents. True, this was a much more accessible legendary, but it certainly was easy to get - getting the cloak even from LFR takes a lot of patience and work, even if it is just a simple grind that takes little/no skill to do. Is there a place for other types of legendaries? Of course - and I think Blizzard failed to provide that this expansion - but it doesn't make the cloaks bad, or 'welfare', or undeserved.

    The cloak is a reward for simply doing things - it certainly isn't just given to you, but it does not represent (nor is it meant to represent) and achievement of skill. It is a reward for spending the time to get it, and it should be treated as such. These types of rewards are not bad things, especially because they are 'difficult' to get, if only because of the length of time it takes to get them.

    The sentiment behind this thought irks me a lot because it's a trend within the WoW community, and my biggest problem with the 'game' itself (it's not really a problem with the game, more like a problem with the community). The incesseant griping, the need to complain about casual gamers, these things annoy me so much.
    Last edited by Monteverdi; 2013-09-17 at 01:26 AM.

  17. #77
    I think welfare legendary is a good way to describe it. With other legendaries, you had to usually do some sort of big achievement like kill KJ or Illidian, and then get massively lucky on top of that. This one just requires doing a lot of LFR which isn't that hard, getting a 5 man group to kill an elite, win 2 bg's, and the celestial challenge, which takes most like 15 minutes. Was kinda disappointing, and it makes new guys have trouble breaking into pve because most good groups will expect you to have the cloak already. Almost makes it a deterrent to gear up a new alt.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you only needed 24 people who could down him without you and were willing to hand you the glaives. Unlikely, but not impossible.
    Obviously not impossible but do you think anyone here, the forums, today would have anything close to a glaive today if BT was current?
    Let alone the number of people with a cloak today

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Bothers me very much, both the statement itself and the community trend it represents. True, this was a much more accessible legendary, but it certainly was easy to get - getting the cloak even from LFR takes a lot of patience and work, even if it is just a simple grind that takes little/no skill to do. Is there a place for other types of legendaries? Of course - and I think Blizzard failed to provide that this expansion - but it doesn't make the cloaks bad, or 'welfare', or undeserved.

    The cloak is a reward for simply doing things - it certainly isn't just given to you, but it does not represent (nor is it meant to represent) and achievement of skill. It is a reward for spending the time to get it, and it should be treated as such. These types of rewards are not bad things, especially because they are 'difficult' to get, if only because of the length of time it takes to get them.

    The sentiment behind this thought irks me a lot because it's a trend within the WoW community, and my biggest problem with the 'game' itself (it's not really a problem with the game, more like a problem with the community). The incesseant griping, the need to complain about casual gamers, these things annoy me so much.
    I afk'd in LFRs before my normal/heroic raids to get the quest items. It is a welfare item PER DEFINITION and there's nothing wrong calling it that.

    I like the cape as a reward, I like the idea of the cape being from a long, long quest line. In fact, I love it! And I hope Blizzard has more of those ideas. But I still consider it a welfare legendary.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    First off, blizzard specifically intended the cloak to be available first day, with a pretty logical reason of doing so.

    2. You had to be good to hope RNG favors you? Collecting shards, fragments, bindings, etc etc requires skill? If so than what do we say about those legendaries that just, well dropped off a boss and required no other work? /gasp! Warglaives such welfare legendary

    And to top off this ridiculous post, you completely contradict your first two points by (for some reason beyond me why you volunteer this info) admitting that you won't even be getting a cloak...Come on now man.
    Killing Illidan when it was relevant content was harder than any part of the current legendary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •