Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    You can get legendaries on the first day of the patch now?

Yeah I think 'welfare legendary' applies. Legendaries are supposed to be about 25 people working their butts off and maybe getting 3-5 legendaries before the next expansion. That's why they're 'legendary;' they're hard are flipping hell to obtain.

Glad I stopped playing b4 cata.
    You could get carried to them in any other expansion, so......

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Bottom line: Never care what other people think. If you are in a raiding guild and your guild is happy with you, then nobody else matters. Screw them.

As an aside, I cannot wait for the item squish to come in which will drop the legendary cloak into the realm of awesome only for as long as it takes them to release the next expansion where the first green cloak you find will be better. The rage will be wonderful to watch.
    no it wont. it happens every xpac & is to be expected.

There's only one true legendary, if we're gonna go with the "legendaries have to be rare" way of thinking.

Behold Talisman of Binding Shard There was only one drop ever, before Blizzard removed it from the game. (As far as I know at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It's good to know that the time of personal responsibility is over and that regardless of what I agree too, it is always someone else's fault if the contract I signed and didn't read is different than the expectation I made up in my head.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Quote Originally Posted by Leaftwig View Post
    There's only one true legendary, if we're gonna go with the "legendaries have to be rare" way of thinking.

Behold Talisman of Binding Shard There was only one drop ever, before Blizzard removed it from the game. (As far as I know at least)
    Well, there is something in between no one (or one person) having an item and only few per server or guild having an item (which sounds to me like legendary).

If someone leveled a new character to 90, and decided he wanted a legendary cloak, there is no way they would have it "the first day of 5.4" it takes over a month, if not multiple months, to get your cloak. How is this not the same as past legendaries? Just because it was built up over the whole expansion, making it feel like you really worked towards something, doesn't mean it isn't "as legendary" as others. I don't understand how this is a welfare legendary, when it has one of the most epic and engaging story lines WoW has had in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin View Post
    If someone leveled a new character to 90, and decided he wanted a legendary cloak, there is no way they would have it "the first day of 5.4" it takes over a month, if not multiple months, to get your cloak. How is this not the same as past legendaries?
    Because, for the millionth time, you don't need a pulse to get the Cloak because you can get most of it done in LFR.

Other Legendaries had you be a part of a guild running regular raids which are already harder than anything in this Cloak quest chain.
    Not only that but you had to win over the vote of your GM or Guild to be selected for it, requiring more dedication most likely.

It's a welfare Legendary, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Because, for the millionth time, you don't need a pulse to get the Cloak because you can get most of it done in LFR.

Other Legendaries had you be a part of a guild running regular raids which are already harder than anything in this Cloak quest chain.
    Not only that but you had to win over the vote of your GM or Guild to be selected for it, requiring more dedication most likely.

So you're pissed there's no popularity contest involved? An entire expansion worth of grinding doesn't show any dedication to the cause? Other legendaries were mostly drops (either the item itself or the needed components) that required nothing more than looting the item. It was RNG. In most cases, yes the GM had control of who it went to (or ninja'd it) but that doesn't make any part of obtaining it difficult. Hell, I set foot in MC twice while it was current, neither time as part of a guild and almost got the left binding in a roll because nobody needed it. I think you officially have rose-tinted snowflakes falling in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    What is "legendary" about an item if everyone has it (or can have it)?
    What's epic about an item if everyone has it :x
    What's Rare about an item if everyone has it :x
    What's Uncommon about an item if everyone has it :x

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin View Post
    If someone leveled a new character to 90, and decided he wanted a legendary cloak, there is no way they would have it "the first day of 5.4" it takes over a month, if not multiple months, to get your cloak. How is this not the same as past legendaries? Just because it was built up over the whole expansion, making it feel like you really worked towards something, doesn't mean it isn't "as legendary" as others. I don't understand how this is a welfare legendary, when it has one of the most epic and engaging story lines WoW has had in awhile.
    Because people can get it from doing LFR, pretty much, is their problem. Which is just silly and bigoted of them, mostly!

I bet even if it had an ULTRA difficult segment in it, they'd still complain because of LFR, and ignore that. Because that's what these people are.

(They'd also probably complain if it was Heroic only!)

Or you know you could make a pug every week, like a lot of people did.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    If I write a label of the word orange, and put it on an apple , it does not make an apple an orange. It is still an apple.

Very much the same as this 'legendary'. You can label it legendary all you want, but the amount of them, the ease of attaining, and the fact all 10-25 people in a raid group can have it with ease make it from 'legendary'.
    Blizz doesn't get to say what is and is not an apple, however they do have that authority when it comes to the items in their game. All they are is the tier above epic, nothing more. Some of you people put way to much weight in the word "legendary".

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    What's epic about an item if everyone has it :x
    What's Rare about an item if everyone has it :x
    What's Uncommon about an item if everyone has it :x
    So uncommon means the same as legendary? Cool stuff.

"I want an item only I can get because it makes me feel special."
    News flash. You still aren't special. You are human. We are not unique. Enjoy the things that matter to you and take your damn eyes off what everyone else gets. This is how to be happy.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    "I want an item only I can get because it makes me feel special."
    News flash. You still aren't special. You are human. We are not unique. Enjoy the things that matter to you and take your damn eyes off what everyone else gets. This is how to be happy.
    If everyone can have it, it also means that it is less challenging for ME to obtain it so it has a big influence on my personal experience.

If everyone can have it, it also means that it is less challenging for ME to obtain it so it has a big influence on my personal experience.
    Not really. Literally every subscriber in the history of WoW can have every piece of equipment in the game. It is exactly as difficult for every single player to get. You, personally, don't have it any harder or easier than any other player to acquire that legendary. There is a set level of difficulty to get it, just like every other legendary. What you are complaining about is the fact that you are not the only one on your server showing off your shiny orange title.

So uncommon means the same as legendary? Cool stuff.
    I think you missed my point :x They're just words and colors that signify the rarity of an item and it's power, in comparison to other items. i.e. There's a pile of uncommon items, a lot of rare items, a big stash of epic items, and not too many legendary items. Even if it's a legendary "everyone has" (Which they don't and won't, but that's not the issue here), it's still probably, for most people, the only legendary they have :x Which still, in terms of items in the game, pretty damned rare, in a sea of purps, blues, and greens.

I quite like how this legendary was handled actually.

From a lore point of view - it's given to you by Wrathion, who is already known to be a devious, manipulative double dealer trying to play both sides at the same time. He is already telling both Alliance and Horde that they are his chosen side, and it makes perfect sense that he would try to buy as many heroes into doing his bidding at possible by telling all of them exactly what they want to hear - that they are special and unique, and that they are the only ones he has chosen to bestow his gifts on.

Whereas in fact, he is slowly and secretly buying out heroes on both sides. When his master plan kicks into action, will we stay loyal to our faction leaders, or be tempted into following Wrathion?

Every person can get every available item in the game minus select one-time things, like the aq mount and that neckpiece. The fact that one item might have been more time consuming, or logistically more taxing makes no difference IF the person considers their new item worth less simply because someone else already has it. This is that comparitive attitude I just mentioned. If one cannot be happy with an item simply because someone else can also get it the same way you did, then no item will ever fit the bill, as everyone can still get those items too. This is bad logic. If you need to feel you worked harder than everyone else to get your item, then work harder than everyone else to get the item. Video yourself working harder, put it on youtube, then show off your work. This probably will do no good, as you've already decided to be unhappy about the situation because you were too busy watching everyone's items and not enjoying what is yours.

The only person we can use for personal improvement is our own self. If you play, and get better, and improve your toons...guess what??? you've totally played the game to its fullest.
    Last edited by Gilgemesh; 2013-09-21 at 07:40 PM.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Yeah, essentially, the fact that this thing is obtainable via LFR is what tarnished it I think for most. When the guys that would typically always wipe your raid and couldn't cut it on the roster end up getting legendaries, you know something in the game is way way off lol. Personally for me, I got one of the wind bindings the other day in MC, it felt like a bigger accomplishment lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    Not really. Literally every subscriber in the history of WoW can have every piece of equipment in the game. It is exactly as difficult for every single player to get. You, personally, don't have it any harder or easier than any other player to acquire that legendary. There is a set level of difficulty to get it, just like every other legendary. What you are complaining about is the fact that you are not the only one on your server showing off your shiny orange title.
    Example: Val'anyr: only few per guild/server could get it because it took a certain amount of time/raids to get it => harder to obtain for me because I need to have proven that I am worth it to my guild.

Example: Val'anyr: only few per guild/server could get it because it took a certain amount of time/raids to get it => harder to obtain for me because I need to have proven that I am worth it to my guild.
    And those people who got it overcame exactly the same amount of difficulty as other people faced in getting it...
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."