Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    At least it took you time and effort to complete all those quest stages. I'd argue that this system is a lot less "welfare" than simply having it RNG loot dropped from a boss, where you could have been carried the whole way through.
    Cata Legendary's say hello

    and usually guilds don't keep people that they have to carry, unless of course they are paying them for a run
    Last edited by Bill Nye the Spy; 2013-09-17 at 01:44 AM.

  2. #102
    I got the cloak and I raided 10man. LFR helped during mid 5.2 guild stop raiding for a bit. I liked this. I hope they do this next expac... But also make normal legendaries too. Its nice to know your working for something the full expac and get rewarded for final patch (and quickly) but I feel there is still a place for the "guild" legendary too which is somethign to really show off.
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

  3. #103
    Pit Lord Worgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vanilla WoW servers
    Posts
    2,258
    What people call things does not affect my enjoyment of the game. I think MoP's way of doing Legendaries is the best they've ever done it.

  4. #104
    These cloaks might as well have been the cloaks you got from the Thrall quest in 5.2 Basically if you repeated the Thrall quest every patch that would be this legendary. Make it an epic and call it a day. It wasn't legendary.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    At least it took you time and effort to complete all those quest stages. I'd argue that this system is a lot less "welfare" than simply having it RNG loot dropped from a boss, where you could have been carried the whole way through.
    I have to agree with this, pretty much every Vanilla legendary in my guilds/servers were usually given to either the gm, an officer, or a person the raid needed and would bitch that if they didn't get it they would quit. Some of the people who obtained them did have the most dkp but a lot weren't even in the top 30.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    What people call things does not affect my enjoyment of the game. I think MoP's way of doing Legendaries is the best they've ever done it.
    It's pretty annoying when people get this undeserving sense of self worth from things like this. It's just like people who sit on their butt watching a pro team and think they're special because "their" team won. No they sat on their butt and didn't do anything.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Ok I know what they said, thanks for re saying something I already know.

    I got all my 5.0 legendary quest sigils in TWO LFR RUNS

    Lol just because I'm good and don't need a legendary to progress doesn't mean its not easy and that anyone could get it

    Your argument is very silly. You think everyone just got handed Warglavies from quests that they've been doing all xpac?

    Unless you mean 2 weeks, you are lying. There are a) only 16 bosses that drop sigils, not counting SoO because you seem to have gotten them before SoO LFR was out. and a boss can't drop two sigils, so with 20 sigils needed and 16 bosses it is literally impossible. But if you mean two weeks that is still freakish luck.


    OT: The term welfare legendary is just the whiney bitches of WoW being butthurt that their special club is accepting everyone, time to let it go folks, its a game, and you being some shut in, in your moms basement no longer affords you special magic gear. Everyone from the nerdiest nerd to the jockiest jock can get some magic gear. If you don't like it, please go kill yourself, I am sure the majority of us would be happy to no longer have to hear your bitching over a game like it actually matters. Christ. And if you feel that you do deserve some special treatment because you scorn the sun, please transfer to Kil'Jaden and find me, because i would love to just rub my LFR Hero's orange cloak all over your toons face. Just get in there real good, and force you to deal with the fact the despite all your whining, nobody cares and no everyone can have lengendaries, because its not about the journey or the rarity, its a power level thing, and if you are stuck on the name, still tough

    Infracted. Telling people to kill themselves is never allowed here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-17 at 02:38 PM.

  8. #108
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It's pretty annoying when people get this undeserving sense of self worth from things like this. It's just like people who sit on their butt watching a pro team and think they're special because "their" team won. No they sat on their butt and didn't do anything.
    Except for a miniscule percentage of people, pro sports is entertainment, not work. Just like WoW. You're allowed to enjoy it however you want, as long as you enjoy it.

    This entertainment/work thing, some people aren't clear about it in WoW.

  9. #109
    This is fucking ridiculous.

    Welfare Legendary? It took us from the start of the expansion up until a few days ago to get that Legendary; nearly a whole year!

    Even with the drop rates of quest items being buffed, it still takes a while to get the things necessary. The following times are calculated if every boss drops what you need.

    Sigils - Minimum of 2 weeks
    Crystallized Fear - 1 day
    Test of Valor - Minimum of 3 weeks
    PvP Wins - 1 day
    Change of Command - 1 day if you can get some people to help (or maybe soloable now, not sure)
    Secrets of the Empire - Minimum 2 weeks
    Scenarios - 1 day
    Tempered Lightning Staff - 1 day if you can get someone to either help you, do it while in a group, or if you can successfully bug it to solo it
    Titan Runestone - Minimum of 2 weeks

    So, y'know, even if someone were to come back it'd still take them a minimum of two months IF every boss drops a sigil / secret / runestone.

  10. #110
    Mechagnome Nemah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The ones who call it that tend to favour a random drop legendary, which given its nature is earned even less than this one.
    They think rarity means everything, simply to boost their epeen that they were luckier than someone else.
    That is arrogance.
    I generally like your posts, but disagree with you here. Yes, earlier random drop legendaries were RNG - sure, but you had to be able to *get* to them. You couldn't afk through Black Temple or Sunwell to have a shot at it. You had to be part of a team that was skilled enough to down the boss.

    Later legendaries in Wrath and Cata tempered that a bit, but still required - with the lack of LFR - that you be able to actually clear the content. So - some measure of luck was involved (just like in MoPs legendary components) but it's still apples and oranges....not arrogance.

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A random drop is not worthy of being called a legendary since the first kill of a boss for a player could get them a legendary while someone who has killed it 100 times might not.
    A legendary should have a progression, otherwise that description has no meaning.
    The "progression" part was for bosses. The older BC legendaries were a random chance perk/reward for actually being able to do it. It was not so different in Cata and Wrath, either.


    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What happens when x player joins last boss of a raid, skipping everything prior to that and gets a rare drop legendary ?
    Did they earn that ?
    Are we talking Illidan? KJ? (I can't speak for Vanilla, though I played I did not raid). Unless they bought a carry, of course they earned it. They had to know what they were doing and be an active part of the fight.

    Wrath and Cata had more involved "progression" quests, but you still had to participate in killing bosses, rather than waiting for their loot to be delivered to your bag after they fall over.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-09-17 at 02:17 AM. Reason: spelling.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    This is fucking ridiculous.

    Welfare Legendary? It took us from the start of the expansion up until a few days ago to get that Legendary; nearly a whole year!

    Even with the drop rates of quest items being buffed, it still takes a while to get the things necessary. The following times are calculated if every boss drops what you need.

    Sigils - Minimum of 2 weeks
    Crystallized Fear - 1 day
    Test of Valor - Minimum of 3 weeks
    PvP Wins - 1 day
    Change of Command - 1 day if you can get some people to help (or maybe soloable now, not sure)
    Secrets of the Empire - Minimum 2 weeks
    Scenarios - 1 day
    Tempered Lightning Staff - 1 day if you can get someone to either help you, do it while in a group, or if you can successfully bug it to solo it
    Titan Runestone - Minimum of 2 weeks

    So, y'know, even if someone were to come back it'd still take them a minimum of two months IF every boss drops a sigil / secret / runestone.
    Yup, it took me a month and half (6 weeks of full clearing ToT) just to collect all the sigils. Just seeing 2-3 drop a week out of a 13-boss instance was pretty frustrating. I hope I have more luck with the Titan Runestones...

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Got mine first day of patch.

    I call it that as well.

    I dont find it special at all. I dont feel any great accomplishment or pride in getting it, it feels like just another cloak and I think it should be treated as just another cloak.
    Then don't wear it. There are other cloaks on the Siege loot tables.
    Jsz
    <The Requiem> US-Horde Mythic
    > twitch.tv stream <

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They are legendary because there's a Legend to go with them. Not because they are rare. They aren't called Rarendary, after all.
    They're supposed to be legendary because they are rare. Furthermore they are supposed to be rare because it takes a great deal of skill and teamwork to get.
    i7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz; ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 MOBO; Antec Lanboy Air Black Case; 2X GTX 480 SLI OC @ 800/1500 clocks; 16GB 1866Mhz RAM; 256GB CORSAIR SSD; 2X Phobya DC12-400 Pumps; Koolance 370 r1.1 CPU Block; 2X Heatkiller GPU-X GPU Blocks; Tygon Silver 1/2" ID Tubing; Microreservoir

  14. #114
    The mistake was letting it be completed through LFR. That's the only reason it's lacking the usual legendary feel. I don't disagree that it took effort because I put a lot of time into it as well. But in the end it really doesn't feel too special to me.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Does that term bother you at all? I mean after all the work you put in. It took some people almost an entire year to achieve that final cloak. I took me 6 months and someone called it a welfare legendary. How could they. I'm a little fired up about that term. Never have I worked hard for something in a video game before. Does it bother you when its referred to as welfare?
    Being a time-sink does not make it "hard" to obtain.

    Traditionally Legendaries (up too and including the staff in Cata) required a raid group and a LOT of farming and you didn't receive a legendary item until the end. By contrast the cloak could be done solo or in the LFR and you were given several legendaries along the way.

    In a way it is a "welfare" legendary.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Because the cloak is brain dead simple to get

    and everyone could also get it first day to 5.4

    in short you don't have to be good to get it

    I wont be getting mine for a while because I can't be bothered to do the pvp part of the quest
    pvp is hard mmkay? #pveentitlement

  17. #117
    High Overlord Stackodude1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    132
    I think the last legendary that was even hard to get at all was probably Shadowmourne. Not that any of them are really...HARD, just didn't really mean sitting there and doing nothing. Not to mention pre-MoP legendaries were actually truly worth it.

  18. #118
    Dreadlord Arian21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    My house :)
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Real legendary : 25 people in a guild work their guts out so 1 person gets rewarded.
    Welfare legendary : 1 person works their guts out so 1 person gets rewarded.

    And no - it wasn't always possible to get the legendary on day one of 5.4 - RNG had a big say in that.
    90% of my raid members had this by noon . I slacked and got it in the afternoon of the first day . So please tell me where's the RNG ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    They're supposed to be legendary because they are rare. Furthermore they are supposed to be rare because it takes a great deal of skill and teamwork to get.
    So afking through LFR one day per week is hard and needs skill .

  19. #119
    Mechagnome Baine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post

    I wont be getting mine for a while because I can't be bothered to do the pvp part of the quest
    They your behaviour is stupid. I am semi-afking in bgs on my monk but because it is the best set a monk can get (the pve one sucks imo)....and I do it even if I dislike pvp. How are a few bgs compared to that.

  20. #120
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    129
    Welfare is something you get when you are out of work or need assistance. While this legendary is quite accessible it definitely requires a lot of time, effort, and commitment. Regardless of your difficulty level you put in the time and deserve to enjoy your reward.

    My advice is don't let other people get to you, they are either jealous or unhappy in their own lives and because of their own personal weakness they insult others to make them feel a delusion of strength. The only true opinion that matters is your own.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •