Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Obviously not impossible but do you think anyone here, the forums, today would have anything close to a glaive today if BT was current?
    Let alone the number of people with a cloak today
    Irrelevant. Whether any of us would have it is not the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    brain dead
    I don't think you know what that means. If one was truly brain dead. They couldn't even use a computer let alone play Wow or get to WoW. So please, don't try and misuse words to support your argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Does that term bother you at all?
    No, because it is in fact a welfare legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    I mean after all the work you put in.
    As others have said, no real amount of work is involved in getting this thing. It's just a time investment. While "real" raiding is also a time investment - where access to legendaries traditionally took place - this one was achievable by coasting/nose-picking/afking/youtubing through LFR. At least in the past you had to have some modicum of skill or dedication to even *get* to the place where you could have a *chance* at legendary gear. Now you just queue up and nap through raids, collect the pieces (all the while cursing that damn RNG god) and profit. Even the solo challenges were nerfed.

It's not special in any way, shape, or form.

The ones who call it that tend to favour a random drop legendary, which given its nature is earned even less than this one.
    They think rarity means everything, simply to boost their epeen that they were luckier than someone else.
    That is arrogance.

A random drop is not worthy of being called a legendary since the first kill of a boss for a player could get them a legendary while someone who has killed it 100 times might not.
    A legendary should have a progression, otherwise that description has no meaning.

Many previous ones weren't special, were not any better than this.

What happens when x player joins last boss of a raid, skipping everything prior to that and gets a rare drop legendary ?
    Did they earn that ? No.
    Did a player that progressed through various required stages earn it ? Yes.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-09-17 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Irrelevant. Whether any of us would have it is not the question.
    Yes it is. That means its harder to acquire and rarer. It is a legendary.

Questing that anyone at 90 can do to get one is not a legendary
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone with bad gear also had to work really hard to beat Wrathion. If anything, this legendary is welfare for heroic raiders, since they can just roflstomp any of the challenging parts by overgearing them.
    Yeah, anyone getting the DPS challenge done with sub 500 gear is on top of his game. Not quite like doing Rank 8 before 5.2 but ....

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Certainly not - but then again this cloak is not meant to be the same as a Glaive. It's a reward for time spent as opposed to a skill-based achievement (note - both of these things have a place in WoW).
    I agree, the cloaks should stay and in the future they shouldn't be called legendarys. A high ilvl Epic item sure

It's adorable that you think it required effort.
    You looted things off bosses who you didn't need a pulse to kill.

You could say it required a modicum of dedication but that's a case by case statement depending on RNG.

I'd consider it a Welfare Legendary but why should that bother you.
    I believe Legendaries were another perk/encouragement for raiding but with LFR and Flex, we don't need those do we?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, the cloaks should stay and in the future they shouldn't be called legendarys. A high ilvl Epic item sure
    Blizzard shouldn't cater to people who consider this able to be done by *Brain Dead* folks. It's just an insult to the work Blizzard did.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think you know what that means. If one was truly brain dead. They couldn't even use a computer let alone play Wow or get to WoW. So please, don't try and misuse words to support your argument.
    I put my dog on my keyboard and he kept stepping on the 1,2,w,e,3,5,2 button in a LFR and during the quest, and finished it.

SO yes, brain dead is correct and may be used

My cloak was pretty much a joke to get. I afk'd through LFR every Tuesday and then steamrolled the scenario quests the first time through. Nothing about it was really challenging, just time consuming if that. The only reasons to not have it are laziness or because you were late. None of it was hard to finish.

Yes it is. That means its harder to acquire and rarer. It is a legendary.

Questing that anyone at 90 can do to get one is not a legendary
    Which was not the question either. But keep building those strawmen, they seem to like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't cater to people who consider this able to be done by *Brain Dead* folks. It's just an insult to the work Blizzard did.
    How?

Blizzard is catering to the *Brain Dead*(look I can do it too) community with this legendary.

Let's stop tossing "brain dead" around, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-17 at 02:14 AM.

You can get legendaries on the first day of the patch now?

Yeah I think 'welfare legendary' applies. Legendaries are supposed to be about 25 people working their butts off and maybe getting 3-5 legendaries before the next expansion. That's why they're 'legendary;' they're hard are flipping hell to obtain.

Glad I stopped playing b4 cata.

I put my dog on my keyboard and he kept stepping on the 1,2,w,e,3,5,2 button in a LFR and during the quest, and finished it.

SO yes, brain dead is correct and may be used
    That's 7 buttons more than a brain dead person would press. They wouldn't even be able to queue for LFR on account of being, well, dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    You can get legendaries on the first day of the patch now?

Yeah I think 'welfare legendary' applies. Legendaries are supposed to be about 25 people working their butts off and maybe getting 3-5 legendaries before the next expansion. That's why they're 'legendary;' they're hard are flipping hell to obtain.

Glad I stopped playing b4 cata.
    They are legendary because there's a Legend to go with them. Not because they are rare. They aren't called Rarendary, after all.

Which was not the question either. But keep building those strawmen, they seem to like you.
    Yet everything I said leads back to one answer. It's called a welfare legendary because, wait for it, .....it is a welfare legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernii View Post
    My cloak was pretty much a joke to get. I afk'd through LFR every Tuesday and then steamrolled the scenario quests the first time through. Nothing about it was really challenging, just time consuming if that. The only reasons to not have it are laziness or because you were late. None of it was hard to finish.
    At least it took you time and effort to complete all those quest stages. I'd argue that this system is a lot less "welfare" than simply having it RNG loot dropped from a boss, where you could have been carried the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    At least it took you time and effort to complete all those quest stages. I'd argue that this system is a lot less "welfare" than simply having it RNG loot dropped from a boss, where you could have been carried the whole way through.
    Cata Legendary's say hello

and usually guilds don't keep people that they have to carry, unless of course they are paying them for a run
    Last edited by Bill Nye the Spy; 2013-09-17 at 01:44 AM.

I got the cloak and I raided 10man. LFR helped during mid 5.2 guild stop raiding for a bit. I liked this. I hope they do this next expac... But also make normal legendaries too. Its nice to know your working for something the full expac and get rewarded for final patch (and quickly) but I feel there is still a place for the "guild" legendary too which is somethign to really show off.
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

What people call things does not affect my enjoyment of the game. I think MoP's way of doing Legendaries is the best they've ever done it.