Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ...
    Frankly, I think if people are going to harp on so much about "Legendaries being Legendary", or whatever, I think it should involve Heroic Raids.

If you're not actually going to make it actually really rare and very hard to obtain, just make it an inclusionary timesink.

Imagine if a whole-expansion-legendary instead required at least one kill of the heroic version of every final boss of this expansion's raid to get a chance at a small drop toward a weapon on Garrosh.

That'd be a legendary.

But barring that, I don't see the problem with a very powerful expansion timesink having the legendary color or whatever. Who really cares :x

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, we see that the goal of subscription retention can cause them to do a 180 on some stated element of their design philosophy.

Sub retention has been bad this expansion, and is likely to get even worse. I wonder what they're going to reverse course on next?
    they really have reversed themselves into a corner haven' they?

wonder what their internal daa will say about how the sub pattern of folks who get this cloak compares to oher subs which so some ttype of raiding but don't get the cloak, as in is there an impovement in sub retention.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, John Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Agatha Christie, Steven Erikson & Ian Esslemont, Stephen R Donaldon, and recently Jack L Chalker.

Previous legendaries did not "take huge amount of work". People who got their legendary back then, would have raided in those raids anyway. They just finished their quests during those raids.

Some incorrect things people are saying:

"24 people helped 1 person get a legendary"
    No, it was mostly 9 helping 1. Remember the ratio of 10v25 was in Cata?

Also, you could have people on different stages once one person got one stage of the questline done, so it could be 8 helping 2 and then 9 helping 2.

This way is fine, but my only suggestion is to change it where you can only do the legendary questline in Normal & Heroic. If you're raiding LFR or Flex, you don't need a legendary anyway. How about LFR/Flex can do the chain but they get an Epic version with lower stats than the Normal/Heroic Legendary version? Don't have the time or the guild to raid Normal/Heroic? Too bad.

Also, keep the PvP aspects in. God forbid you have to PvP a few times in your lifetime. Also, naysayers can no longer use the argument "I'm going to get destroyed" because of how insane base resilience is now.

/endrant
    Last edited by Piercy; 2013-09-24 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    they really have reversed themselves into a corner haven' they?

wonder what their internal daa will say about how the sub pattern of folks who get this cloak compares to oher subs which so some ttype of raiding but don't get the cloak, as in is there an impovement in sub retention.
    My suspicion: players without the cloak will finish raiding in this tier very quickly, mostly just in LFR, and many will then unsub, having nothing more they want to do.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler