15+ Year Old Account

Cool Trouble Adjusting to DW Frost

Hello all, thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully add some insight to my problem. I have played my DK since release pretty much on and off through out the years. I have really never played DW Frost always loved my 2 handed Frost/Unholy.

Now I looked at a couple sites such a EJ and worldoflogs. Some say dont ever use Obliterate and some say use it when you have Unholy runes. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Heres my Profile link (ilvl524) Im doing about 160k + dps

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kinator/simple
    Right now My rotation looks like this.

FF/Plague
    Killing Machine on Frost Strike
    Howling Blast
    Frost Strike
    DnD
    Plague Strike
    Obliterate to fill with no Killing Machine.

I mean is that 100% correct? Help out a brother DK =)

thanks again Jim

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Following the priority list as you have it, you want to use obliterate when both your unholy runes are up, or about to be.

Deleted
    I never using DnD just when there is a lot of adds , or needed to slow them. Try to practice more, it's easy You can use obliterate, everyone do in DW just not too much.

Deleted
    There was some maths in the PTR discussion thread a few pages back which had a great breakdown of what oblit brings to the party (and the new 'mastersimple' rotation).

In short, oblit can be dropped at very high ilvl's along with SR because HB gains so much value that it's worth using HB+PS over oblit (reducing the rotation to HB, PS, FS and DnD). Don't take that as given as i'm not 100% sure I remember it right but you want to be hitting oblit at least for now until you're 560+ sort of ilvl range.

Finally, off-topic: you really don't want to be using gaze if you have an alternative (even shado-pan is a massive upgrade over it).

Deleted
    Howling Blargh @ EJ Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr - Single Target Rotation
    Blood Tap if you have 11 or more stacks of blood charge
    Frost Strike if Killing Machine is procced, or if RP is 89 or higher
    Howling Blast with both frost or both death off cooldown
    Soul Reaper when target below 35%
    Plague Strike if one Unholy Rune is off cooldown and blood plague is down/nearly down
    Howling Blast if Rime procced
    Frost Strike if RP is 77 or higher
    Obliterate when 1 or more Unholy Runes are off cooldown and killing machine is down
    Howling Blast
    Blood Tap
    Frost Strike if RP is 40 or higher
    Horn of Winter
    Plague Leech
    Empower Rune Weapon
    In practice it amounts to spamming HB as much as you can, dumping RP on all KM proccs or if you go over 77 RP
    and hitting Plague leech right before Blood plague falls off when you have an unholy rune up (or within 2 secs of coming up).
    The rest of your unholy runes you spend on Obliterate (there really shouldn't be that many thanks to BT and leech).
    If there are at least 3 targets, use D&D on cool down (using only unholy runes).
    If you'll get at least 10 ticks out of blood plague between all the targets, its worth it to use a death rune on pestilence, if not, tab target plague strike. and go balls to the walls on HB =)
    Last edited by mmoc8ba2f27852; 2013-09-17 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    fail your arms wildly at the mobs, works for me

Imma PvE scrub so no idea