Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Siege Lfr starts tomorrow..

I have tried ToT recently for fun and it has been horrible I am assuming due to new people having gear to attempt it now, but more on to the point of the thread.

How bad do you think the lfr's will be tomorrow? I have done the first 4 fights in flex (I know its just flex) but I can imagine that Norushen will be a pain in the ass with people that have no clue what the fight is like, Sha of pride probably wont be fun either

I think it will be interesting to see how people perform on fights that actually have unique mechanics.

*This is not a bashing people in lfr thread, I am just curious what people think*

First two fights are going to be insanely easy. I suspect LFR Norushen is going to be easy as well, as long as ~5 people know the fight then I think it'll be fine. The only remotely hard part of the fight is the enrage timer, and LFR enrage timers don't really seem to exist. So I highly doubt it'll be a problem.

Sha of Pride might be an issue, I don't really know, but it's definitely possible that it could be a few wipes before you get enough Determination to just ignore all the mechanics and burn the boss to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once accidentally did the 3rd part of ToT when it came out in its first week. Took us 3 hours to get passed the first boss and like 5 hours to finish the part.

Never again.

I'll just wait a week or something because I'd expect it'll take some time for people to learn the fights without looking up a guide on them. Can't say I ever did though for LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible QQ all over the place as usual in LFR, but it gets the bosses down, and more runes for me
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I guess Norushen could be alright, I dunno how many orbs are used in 25man/lfr but if the damage isn't to bad on his abilities then I guess it could be manageable.

I def see pride being an issue until people learn positioning

You need to take into account that there will be a slew of competent players who have full ToT gear, or are looking to pad themselves out while progressing through SoO normal/heroic who will come and do the LFR as well for tier tokens, which may balance out the giant wave of mediocrity the Timeless Isle has unleashed.

I really wish they would live stream LFR so the people who don't run it due to already raiding a higher difficulty can have some other entertainment.

Deleted
    I'm super hyped! I haven't been able to complete it with pugs in Flex mode, as other dps fail to take down the adds, I don't know what's so hard about it, other players like hunters also forget to use their traps for example o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    I have tried ToT recently for fun and it has been horrible I am assuming due to new people having gear to attempt it now, but more on to the point of the thread.

How bad do you think the lfr's will be tomorrow? I have done the first 4 fights in flex (I know its just flex) but I can imagine that Norushen will be a pain in the ass with people that have no clue what the fight is like, Sha of pride probably wont be fun either

I think it will be interesting to see how people perform on fights that actually have unique mechanics.

*This is not a bashing people in lfr thread, I am just curious what people think*
    You start your question with how bad LFR will be, directly assuming it will be bad already. You shouldn't have to bother with saying this is not an LFR bashing thread, it's clear what this thread is.

Deleted
    Thank god now that the legendary quest is over, there's absolutely NO point whatsoever for me to run LFR this patch.

Fight will have no mechanics this time around, just like all the previous LFR's. No one will dps / heal the ooze or move out of the aoe on imerseus, no one will dodge the beam or take the orb on norushen, people's insanity will go off the chart without having any consequences on sha.
    Might be interesting to see how things turn out for protectors, pretty sure we'll have groups getting rezzes after rezzes because they'll just nuke one, should be fun to hear about

PS : Yeah, only talking about the first 4 since that's the only one available next week, but it applies to the rest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thoruga View Post
    You start your question with how bad LFR will be, directly assuming it will be bad already. You shouldn't have to bother with saying this is not an LFR bashing thread, it's clear what this thread is.
    No it is not for bashing.. I actively do Lfr's with my guild mates, stop making assumptions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    You need to take into account that there will be a slew of competent players who have full ToT gear, or are looking to pad themselves out while progressing through SoO normal/heroic who will come and do the LFR as well for tier tokens, which may balance out the giant wave of mediocrity the Timeless Isle has unleashed.
    The agony.
    Was trying to get some spare Tier tokens to deck out my OS.

Raid full of timeless geared scrubs.
    i wanted to kill myself.

Blizz pls, rename timeless gear to "clueless" gear

Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    Thank god now that the legendary quest is over, there's absolutely NO point whatsoever for me to run LFR this patch.

Fight will have no mechanics this time around, just like all the previous LFR's. No one will dps / heal the ooze or move out of the aoe on imerseus, no one will dodge the beam or take the orb on norushen, people's insanity will go off the chart without having any consequences on sha.
    Might be interesting to see how things turn out for protectors, pretty sure we'll have groups getting rezzes after rezzes because they'll just nuke one, should be fun to hear about

PS : Yeah, only talking about the first 4 since that's the only one available next week, but it applies to the rest as well.
    While someone that actually knows what to yells in caps at everyone that nuking one won't work.

Im really curious to see how flex will affect LFR success. I know many normal and heroic raiders who will not be doing LFR as they can already get better gear and cap valor through flex. Will that increase queue times? Will it slow progression in LFR? Or will it make no difference? Will be an interesting thing to watch, especially when the final 2 tiers come out and everyone already has their trinkets and 4-set on their mains.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just cant wait to see the fails
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    I'm glad I have my legendary and dont have to run lfr for more quest items. I'll probably try it on my new alt

Quote Originally Posted by thoruga View Post
    ye i agree, typical mmo champ thread bashing towards players they deem bad when they play in lfr.
    All the lfr's i did in tot i dont have one memory that has stuck in my mind where i thought' fuck that was bad' , personally i think that most if not all people that have made lfr bashing threads in this cesspit place are the main problem..... Go into lfr , slag people off , act a complete cunt , scream shit in chat , quit after 1 wipe, jump into mmo-champ forums making a thread about how casuals and bads and lfr ruined this game giving it all the 'i dont run lfr because its full of twats and treat other players i see as dogshit i just wiped off my shoe' yet run lfr on a weekly basis....etc etc etc in fact i can bet these are the same morons that scream hodor and anal shite all the time in general.

Let the bodies hit the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    ye i agree, typical mmo champ thread bashing towards players they deem bad when they play in lfr.
    All the lfr's i did in tot i dont have one memory that has stuck in my mind where i thought' fuck that was bad' , personally i think that most if not all people that have made lfr bashing threads in this cesspit place are the main problem..... Go into lfr , slag people off , act a complete cunt , scream shit in chat , quit after 1 wipe, jump into mmo-champ forums making a thread about how casuals and bads and lfr ruined this game giving it all the 'i dont run lfr because its full of twats and treat other players i see as dogshit i just wiped off my shoe' yet run lfr on a weekly basis....etc etc etc in fact i can bet these are the same morons that scream hodor and anal shite all the time in general.
    I reiterate again.. if I said something like "everyone who does lfr is bad at this game and blizz should remove it" THAT is a bashing thread..

I posted this out of curiosity to see what people would think is going to be the biggest issue, and seriously if you have done Siege at all you will know that lfr will be bad day one on some level so attacking my point doesnt really work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    or take the orb on norushen
    The LFR version of the fight auto-sends people to their tests instead of having orbs to click, may end up with random dead people but it should go more smoothly if the automation is somewhat intelligent.

I did Immerseus/Protectors LFR on the PTR when it was up and everyone was scaled to 496. Immerseus was a little rough but doable with a few stacks. Protectors required me to make a macro which made it almost impossible for people to not know what to hit.

Sha will probably just be stupidly undertuned.