Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Siege of Orgrimmar Schedule, Sept 16 Hotfixes, Garrosh Hotfix, Blue Posts, Fan Art

Logic Behind PTR Activation, PS3 and XBox 360 D3 Guide Updated, Console Version Clarifications, New Wallpaper, BlizzCon 2013 Virtual Tickets

Hearthstone Community Creations, EU In-Game Store Update, Weekly News Recap

Siege of Orgrimmar Raid Schedule
    Don't forget that Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar, Flex Wing 2, and Raid Finder Wing 1 all open this week!

You can get started on building your Tier 16 set or just working towards the Heirloom weapons from Garrosh. Be sure to check out the weapon models on the WoWDB pages with our new modelviewer, as they use the same models as the old High Warlord weapons.

Patch 5.4 Hotfixes: September 16
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Holy
        • Spirit of Redemption should no longer prevent Priests from getting the Sacrificed to Ordos debuff.

Creatures
    • Dread Ship Vazuvius should no longer be knocking players back after it has been defeated.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Spoils of Pandaria
        • Claw of Burning Anger now deals more damage.
      • Paragons of the Klaxxi
        • Fixed an issue where more than one player was able to obtain the Power of the Paragons buff from the same Paragon.
      • Garrosh Hellscream
        • Garrosh Hellscream should now properly drop three Tier-16 armor tokens in 25-player mode.
          • Please check this forum post for additional information on the hotfix.

Professions
    • Cooking
      • Fixed an issue where the new cooking recipes were only obtainable by characters with a cooking skill of exactly 525.

Items
    • Spark of Zandalar should now scale down correctly in Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas.

Garrosh Loot Table Hotfix & Compensation
    When Patch 5.4 released, Garrosh Hellscream was set to drop one tier token on 25-player Normal difficulty. This was inconsistent with other bosses in the zone, and we planned to correct that via hotfix. Our intent was to release this hotfix during weekly maintenance to keep rewards consistent throughout this reset; unfortunately, due to an error on our part, the hotfix was applied early to the North American and Asian servers. This has resulted in an unfair advantage for guilds that defeated Garrosh later in the week, not only against the NA/Asian guilds that defeated him before the hotfix was applied, but also against all European guilds that have defeated him (as the hotfix has not yet been applied there).

Fortunately, this only affects a small number of guilds, so we are able to correct the error. We’ll be reaching out to all guilds who only received one token from a successful Garrosh kill this week and providing the Guildmaster with an extra two tokens at random, which can then be distributed to any raid members who were present at the time of the kill.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that this has caused. Thanks for your understanding, and good luck in Heroic difficulty!

BlizzCon 2013 - Shape the WoW Art Panel
    BlizzCon 2013 is fast approaching, and we want to ensure the World of Warcraft Art panel not only has the visual content and insights we’ve presented in the past, but also show things that you specifically have always wanted to see discussed. We’re also looking at the possibility of including you in the panel by way of your questions recorded via YouTube!

Curious about how we create a weapon? Want to know what it’s like to animate a battle pet? Pondering the finer points of poly counts? The sky is the limit! Help us make the art panel you want to see by posting or recording your questions and ideas for how we can show the processes and content as presented by the World of Warcraft art team.

Instructions:
    Reply to this thread with your questions or ideas, or link to a YouTube video of yourself asking our art team a question that could lead to us showing off cool content and processes.

Here are a few pointers to help everyone get the most out of this:

• Be aware of what other people are asking. We’re not tallying votes here, so if someone has already asked something there’s no need for you to ask it again, and another post with the same question will just fill up the thread that much quicker.
    • Let’s stay constructive, and ask questions that are likely to have answers we can give. Statements reworded into questions, or questions asking for big content reveals are likely to be ignored or removed.
    • This is for the art panel! Our artists make art, so questions about class balance, servers, systems design, etc. aren’t going to be of much help.
    • Let’s keep the thread on-topic. If you want to talk more about a specific topic, please take it to another thread.
    • If you record a YouTube video (and we hope you do!) please keep in mind that quality of the video and trademark infringement are big considerations. We’re not going to be able to use low-res videos, or ones with lots of trademarked products/logos showing or unlicensed music player over the top.

That should cover it, and thank you for helping us to shape the World of Warcraft Art Panel you want to see!

Will models like Jaina and Tyrande ever be updated to look appropriate or good?
    This is a good example of a statement reworded into a question. You're stating you think something looks bad, and phrasing it in the form of a question. These kinds of non-questions can't really be answered as they're not intended to receive a satisfactory response. Instead, you could ask "What determines when a faction leader will have their visuals updated?"

Let's stay on-topic though, and please reference the bullet points before posting.

Attention: iPhone/iOS Users
    Greetings, everyone!

In just a few days, Apple will be releasing the latest iOS update as well as the new iPhone. The upcoming iOS update may cause iPhone Mobile Authenticators to reset. When you update your phone's OS, we recommend taking any one of the following precautionary steps:

• Sign up for the free SMS Protect service. In the event of a lost, broken, or accidentally reset authenticator, users with SMS Protect can remove the old authenticator from their account with a texted security code. For more information, visit the SMS Protect FAQ.
    • Write down your authenticator's Serial Number and Restore Code so that you may restore your authenticator to your phone after the OS update is finished. You may also wish to take a screenshot of this information.
    • Temporarily remove the authenticator before updating. Reattach the authenticator again once your iOS update is complete. You can remove the authenticator through our Web Chat option if necessary by contacting the Blizzard Support page and selecting Battle.net > I have an issue managing my account > I want to remove my authenticator > Live chat. If Live Chat shows offline, refresh the web page and try again.
    • Update over Wi-Fi. iPhones that are updated over Wi-Fi rather than through a computer are less prone to accidental resets.

Fan Art Update
    The World of Warcraft Fan Art Section has been updated with new fan artwork.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-09-17 at 05:01 AM.

Just got Garrosh down tonight. Cant wait for heroics!

Deleted
    So the Alliance players will be able to get the Hordes HW weps for mogging. Neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, nice, didn't think we'd be given compensation for killing garrosh with only 1 token inside. But I suppose they got no chance if they want to avoid "omg unfair, US had 2 tokens more" uproars on the forums ^^

Deleted
    Great fanart as always.

Do you really think most people care about WOW for the next weeks now that GTAV is released? I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eledaith View Post
    Do you really think most people care about WOW for the next weeks now that GTAV is released? I know I don't.
    You may not care but that doesn't mean other people don't.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

I'm excited too; I'm going to be playing it with the fiancee this afternoon after work. But you seem to think it's a WoW-replacement somehow despite both games not even being remotely similar genres.
    Do you actually, literally believe no one in the world will be playing anymore as of this week? Moreover, that the entire population of earth will simultaneously be playing this one game just because it looks pretty good? If not, please learn to communicate your thoughts more effectively. If so, what are you doing here in the first place?

Since I don't know anyone who has played GTA after they were 19 I would say yea a lot of people.

15+ Year Old Account
    At your previous blizzcon the art team showed off some new tools they started using in designing Pandaria, this effected how you drew and rendered the new continent. What new tools or methods have the art team discovered over the last 1 - 2 years that will help improve how you design the next expansion.

Panda with a violin.......gg

AFter i played gta 4 its just meh.Game is taking itself too serious thats why i go with saints row.And i dont realy wanna play game on 8 years old hardware when i got high end pc.

Quote Originally Posted by D9elitex View Post
    Panda with a violin.......gg
    It's a cello -_-

P.S. I even made a Batman-slapping-Robin meme for this, but I can't link it -_-

Nothing on the website armory fixes? I am a sad panda..so many guilds not even showing up and we have no information on it.../sigh

The item links don't work for me, am I the only one?

http://www.wowdb.com/items/96770-spark-of-zandalar

if (cooking_skill == 525) then...

ups..

if (cooking_skill >= 525) then...

Quote Originally Posted by academico View Post
    if (cooking_skill == 525) then...

Ups..

If (cooking_skill >= 525) then...

hahahhahha

I tihnk you forgot to check which platforms that one is available on...?

10+ Year Old Account
    but that's on console.
    Sig by Beautiful Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Reignisevil View Post
    Nothing on the website armory fixes? I am a sad panda..so many guilds not even showing up and we have no information on it.../sigh
    Yeah my guild is gone too so we're not in the race on wowprogress. Not even a fucking blue post in any of the dozens of threads in the tech support forum.