Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If you could ask any president one question, what would it be?

Let me start off by saying this. This is not a political thread. Do not ask questions about politics or even start discussing politics. This is a very simple thread and all that is to be discussed is the title. Do not start arguments among each other.

So, as we all know, the president is The boss. Well, not by himself. However, the job itself is one that is very hands on. You are always in the lime light for everything you do. Every law, every choice, effects not only yourself, but an entire nation. Some people love him, others hate him. Being president has got to be one of the most stressful jobs in the nation. Your choices never are small. Every day is a day you risk potentially doing something that will bring harm to those who have put their trust and faith in you to lead them.

You represent your nation above all others in it. It strikes me as a very stressful job. So, I have thought of a few questions I would personally love to ask the president if I was ever given the chance.

How has becoming the president effected your relationship with your wife and kids? What about your friends?
    How do you deal with all of the people who are angry with you? What about those who are happy?
    What do you do to handle all of the stress that comes with being the president?
    If given the chance, would you do it again?
    What made you decide that you wanted to try and become the president in the first place?

Again, I cannot stress this enough. Lets keep this a fun, non-political based thread. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Do you prefer to drone strike Somalians or Yemenis?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Do you prefer to drone strike Somalians or Yemenis?
    Seriously dude, couldn't you wait for a few pages before you try to ruin what is supposed to be a nice and fun thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Seriously dude, couldn't you wait for a few pages before you try to ruin what is supposed to be a nice and fun thread?
    I'll try again,
    Whats your favorite method of torture in Guantanamo bay?

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you ask a PRESIDENT something, and it has nothing to do with politics? Everything a President does IS politics.

Why would I break my head which President I'd ask something, and then I ask him whether he likes Hard Rock or Rap better? That's silly...
    I would ask George Washington though....
    My question would be: Whether he thinks what the Americans of today made out of the country they (he and the others involved) created is a good thing, and where both political camps (Republicans and Democrats) have it totally wrong in that regard..

Why that question? Because in today's times the creators of the country getting dragged into almost every single political debate. Left and Right keep quoting the founding fathers to back their own stances. However, I believe how this quoting is an insult to these men. When you quote someone from the past to back your own argument, that means how you "accuse" that historic person to have the same opinion as you do, and that is outright disrespectful and with that an insult of that very person that gets quoted..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I'll try again,
    Whats your favorite method of torture in Guantanamo bay?
    He has nothing to do with what they do in a jail. I really want this to be a fun thread. Please just let it be fun and not spiteful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    How can you ask a PRESIDENT something, and it has nothing to do with politics? Everything a President does IS politics.
    Because politics leads to a ton of debates and gets asked in plenty of places already.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has nothing to do with what they do in a jail. I really want this to be a fun thread. Please just let it be fun and not spiteful.

- - - Updated - - -

Because politics leads to a ton of debates and gets asked in plenty of places already.
    But then you really picked the wrong person to ask

Presidents are Politics. They are the leader of the country, the political head of the country.
    You can only try to limit the controversy, like the other two questions regarding drones and Gitmo... It's not if the question is political, it's how the question is asked, I think.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

If you were a soup, what soup would you be?

I'd ask the president of my local chess club what color his shades are in his living room. That's going to be interesting enough to discuss in an internet forum, isn't it?

Oh, the off-topic forum... always worth a chuckle.

Deleted
    Yo Carter what happened with the decriminalization?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    420 Legalize it
    You seem confused as to what a question is. I'll give you a hint: they end with a ? .
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    But then you really picked the wrong person to ask

Presidents are Politics. They are the leader of the country, the political head of the country.
    You can only try to limit the controversy, like the other two questions regarding drones and Gitmo... It's not if the question is political, it's how the question is asked, I think.
    They are, but there are so many things you could ask about their life and how its changed. What they think of, the hardships that come with being in the lime light so often. Stuff like that.

Deleted
    Ok ok, i'll have one last try then I'm done;

How do you sleep at night?

Ok ok, i'll have one last try then I'm done;

How do you sleep at night?
    That could be a good one. I imagine stress could be a big factor, as well as the whole "you have enemy's who want you dead" sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You seem confused as to what a question is. I'll give you a hint: they end with a ? .
    420 Legalize it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are aliens real? And not the border hopping kind. That or "Can I see my file?"
    Here's to you and here's to me. The best of guildmates we shall be. And if ever we should disagree. /Gkick you, and here's to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear President of Zimbabwe (because this thread doesn't specifically say president of the USA, and there are more countries in the world other than the USA),

Why does it cost 165 billion "dollars" for a kit kat in your country?

Deleted
    I gotta love how regardless of this thread not being limited to the USA majority of the questions are clearly meant for the president of the USA, and only two people so far have actually stated which president they would ask the question.

Ironically, I would ask George W. Bush if he would trade all the oil in the world for peace, or if any national leader would qualify as "president", I would ask Kim Jong Un what is his favourite kind of cake.

Good luck with that.