Deleted

Discipline of Xuen - Assassination

Hey guys

I was wondering whether I should buy http://www.wowhead.com/item=103986 on my alt rogue. The mastery on it seems boss, but I'm not sure whether mastery caps at 100% because I'm already at 70%ish atm.

Armory is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nbenzin/simple

I was planning on getting the VP trinket as a second trinket to have myself a nice combo. Now only to get a decent weapon to drop!

Any feedback on the trinket?

Mastery doesn't have a cap. That trinket is pretty good, on par with other 535s.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    i'm also interested in the same question whether this would be a good swap for the 510 bad juju I currently have http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADne/advanced ?

Mastery does not cap at 100%. Why should it? It is a simple increase of your poison damage and yes, you can inflict 110% additional damage.

For all your equipö questions, ask shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    unfortunately I just cant get my head round shadowcraft..have always used mrrobot but it is currently suggesting full crit build which Ibelieve is useless till I get some newer tier and rppm trinkets so currently limping along as best I can while still doing well

I use both. I like the Askmrrobot "bestinbags" addon for all my other characters and love shadow-craft for my rogue. Shadowcraft is pretty easy to use. Load character from armory, auto reforge all, follow advice, win. You can use the dropdowns on each slot to try out the changes by seeing how it affects your dps potential in the top right chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    That trinket is pretty good, on par with other 535s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    i'm also interested in the same question whether this would be a good swap for the 510 bad juju I currently have http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADne/advanced ?
    Reading before posting would be a good idea.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

unfortunately I just cant get my head round shadowcraft
    Import, reforge, resocket, reforge, resocket. And unlike AMR it does not take ages to load a part of the UI. I can't imagine gear optimizing any simpler.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Reading before posting would be a good idea.

"Mastery doesn't have a cap. That trinket is pretty good, on par with other 535s."

bad juju main stat is a huge chunk of mastery..reading why I posted what I posted before posting a sarcastic response would be a good idea..was asking if the static chunk of mastery was worth swapping for a higher ilevel with a mastery proc

Thanks all for the non dick answers I will try my best to get into sc as I just cant trust mrrobot atm on my rogue

combat is the only spec with a mastery cap (and it's probably reachable with procs).

15+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately I just cant get my head round shadowcraft..have always used mrrobot but it is currently suggesting full crit build which Ibelieve is useless till I get some newer tier and rppm trinkets so currently limping along as best I can while still doing well
    It's optimizing you for a full crit build on the assumption that you'll be rocking Assurance of Consequence and four T16 pieces. If you're just casually playing your Assassination rogue with no significant investment in raid progression or if you are raiding but don't expect to see the SoO trinkets dropping any time soon, Discipline of Xuen is a perfectly fine trinket to upgrade to. Besides, it's not like 50k Timeless coins is hard to farm.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2013-09-17 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Mastery does not cap at 100%. Why should it? It is a simple increase of your poison damage and yes, you can inflict 110% additional damage.
    Correct of course. However, I can see how someone would think that their damage bonus is actually building up to a maximum (aka, reading 85% bonus damage as "85% of the way to the maximum amount of bonus damage).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    combat is the only spec with a mastery cap (and it's probably reachable with procs).
    On this note, does anyone know if combat's mastery procs off of killing spree?

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    On this note, does anyone know if combat's mastery procs off of killing spree?
    When the mechanic was first tested specials were included in what proc'd the mastery. I'm guessing Killing spree MH attacks do but OH don't, as per everything else.

To my knowledge, killing spree main hand attacks do proc main gauche. They're like any other normalized main hand attack.

Incidentally, mastery cap for combat is 22,200 mastery rating if you have 3k mastery raid buff, 25,200 if you don't. At these values your MG proc chance is 100%.