Thread: Noodle Cart?

Noodle Cart?

Okay so Wowhead says you can get the noodle cart on the timeless isle by going to where the collapsed bridge debris is and clicking on a stone slab to get an item that starts the quest but I've been there and there is nothing there. I am master of all the ways in cooking. The only thing I found there was a moss covered chest. Anyone else having a problem with Noodle cart?

I don't think it's always there. Different things spawn at different times. That's the idea of the Isle; it's not straightforward "go here, do this" as much as "explore, wander, find stuff"

What you looking for at the bridge rubble is a quest!, it is a tablet that is lying amongst the debris. The quest is to find who the tablet belongs to, and from there the next quest is to go to the Temple of the Jade Serpent and kill the Sha in the 5 man instance. You may already have it and just not realize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    That's the idea of the Isle; it's not straightforward "go here, do this" as much as "explore, wander, find stuff"
    Ah man and here i was thinking its "run in circles and hope to find stuff before it gets used by someone/killed by 200 pplz"

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    What you looking for at the bridge rubble is a quest!, it is a tablet that is lying amongst the debris. The quest is to find who the tablet belongs to, and from there the next quest is to go to the Temple of the Jade Serpent and kill the Sha in the 5 man instance. You may already have it and just not realize.
    Yeah I have to admit amongst the craziness of patch day and running around like said chicken with no head, I was just picking up all the quests and didn’t notice this one. I too was searching and inquiring to friends as to did they do the quest did they have it could they share it. Then I realized it’s under cooking and not Timeless Island and I had it the whole time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    Ah man and here i was thinking its "run in circles and hope to find stuff before it gets used by someone/killed by 200 pplz"
    Well, that's how it is at the start of patches. Wait a few weeks and the Timeless Isle will indeed be enjoyable^^

I completed that quest and the ones that follow. Neat feature, but way to costly to make. I like the fact that people can buy food from it, but only a 5 stack. Not really worth it, but at least you can dance with your cart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Okay so Wowhead says you can get the noodle cart on the timeless isle by going to where the collapsed bridge debris is and clicking on a stone slab to get an item that starts the quest but I've been there and there is nothing there. I am master of all the ways in cooking. The only thing I found there was a moss covered chest. Anyone else having a problem with Noodle cart?

its a rare spawn thing, i first found it last night, never seen it before that. guessing the respawn time on it is long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    I completed that quest and the ones that follow. Neat feature, but way to costly to make. I like the fact that people can buy food from it, but only a 5 stack. Not really worth it, but at least you can dance with your cart.
    u can eat one and buy the fifth again tho

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The quest is always there from what I've seen. I saw it on patch day and it was still there every day for a week until I decided to start it and finish yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    Theirs another quest to kill a mini boss after sha i think, you click on the scroll in the left wall near the platform straight up the stairs to summon it. It's a ghost panda, once you kill it you loot something (or straight away, can't remember) then hand the quest in to one of the tillers at Halfhill.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    its a rare spawn thing, i first found it last night, never seen it before that. guessing the respawn time on it is long.
    Also this, I've only got it on my pally :P
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2013-09-17 at 01:53 PM.

Noodle cart is pretty cool. I just wish the person running the cart got the gold when people buy food.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of items around the isle that are quest-starters, that might not always be there. So either keep camping that spot or something, or just be patient until you run into it!
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

15+ Year Old Account
    I managed to run into this yesterday. It had the "!" as people have mentioned (which also shows on the minimap like a normal quest - so if you if you at least glance at your map whenever you're running by on the way to track down another rare or something, you shouldn't miss it.). That said, you've actually seen the slab, yes? It's to the right of the chest and behind some debris so you wouldn't normally see it if you come up to the area from the front.

Edit: I happened to see this on Wowhead. Maybe you have the same issue if you're not seeing the !.

For 3 recent days, I was just camping that exact spot for hours long straight, but no avail. Then finally I decided to do what Henderman suggested and worked for me (I got my all ways up to 555 level, done quests mentioned above and learned 2nd cooking recipe per way). When I came back, I have noticed an exclamination mark on my mark on the destroyed bridge and could loot the sign. If you all have managed to get 600 cooking AND all ways maxed, BUT CAN'T START THE QUEST, try to run for a moment WoW without any addons on and see, if it helps.
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2013-09-17 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Additional Thought

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the grand version of the noodle cart you have to go back to the Vale and get lucky to get a drop out of the chests there....that is what is listed on wowhead right now...had a guild mate yesterday spend all day out there in the vale and opened up around 30+ chests and never had either grand recipe or the new cooking recipe drop at all...so some of us are wondering if those recipes have been put in correctly or not yet...it seems be same as with Cata when there was suppose to be a Society Top Hat recipe that needed those rivets that never made it into Cata time frame but all of sudden being listed as put into the game now.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I dunno about that. Define "long." Unless you mean about 5 minutes, respawn time doesn't seem to exist. As that was the time for me to log over and fly to the island on my priest when a guildy picked it up and reminded me that I should probably get the recipe too.
    Eshraem / Tiraka / Iaqalis / Izare / Sinzhetu / Daezek / Asri / Zelven / Tseta / Kisei / Rheasil

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But hey, i'll let you spank the monkey whilst imagining rapists being boned by Bubba the anal destroyer - veteran of the poppers conflict.

umm....i have the grand pandaran noodle cart....no such chest.....last part of the quest is a solo scenario...and it is worth it btw....30-300 food turns into 34-300 raid food x5 = 170 feasts for personal food buffs put in for 10 man at least. Even more so for 25.

It wasnt a stone slab for me that started the quest. It was one of the ghost NPC's in the ghost village that had a ! over her head. She mentioned her father knew a reciepe but was last seen in the jade temple, so i did a jade temple instance and he was there at the end.