Thread: New budget GPU

Deleted

New budget GPU

Im looking for a new Graphic card, and don't have to much to spend on it. (Around €80,-) Which of these cards below is the better one?

Radeon 7750 1GB
    GT630 4GB DDR3
    Radeon 6670 1GB

Deleted
    None of them are great but the 7750 is the better one of those. If you're able to find a cheap 7770 go for that instead. Then again you don't list what you're going to use it for, which power supply you have or anything else about your system so it's hard to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    None of them are great but the 7750 is the better one of those. If you're able to find a cheap 7770 go for that instead. Then again you don't list what you're going to use it for, which power supply you have or anything else about your system so it's hard to say.

I just want to be able to play some of the newer games on medium settings.

I got 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, 3.4 Dual Core Processor, not sure on the power supply

Deleted
    If you're able to save a little extra for either a 7770 or GTX 650ti Boost I'd highly recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    GTX 650ti Boost I'd highly recommend it.
    I you are playing wow than this is the better GPU (imo)
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdspider View Post
    I you are playing wow than this is the better GPU (imo)
    Definitely, it's just usually more expensive but if possible then yeah.

Deleted
    save a little more and get the n660 geforce from msi ... it will be worth it for the next 2 years

Deleted
    Chances are, that with my current budget, i will go for the 7750, or maybe even 7770 if i can manage to afford it. Thing is, Is the difference between a 7750 1gb and 7750 4gb huge? The 7750 i had in mind was 1Gb. Also, the 630 i mentioned is also 4Gb, wouldn't that make it better then a 7750 1GB?

Deleted
    No the 7750 is much better. This is a comparison of the 7750 and 640 (slightly better than the 630) as you can see the 7750 is still better. The 630 can't barely utilize 2GB let alone 4GB so basically a waste (small memory bandwidth).

7750 will do but again I recommend 7770 at least (2GB > 1GB).

Deleted
    What are the actual differences in the many same series Graphic cards, with the same 1GB? I mean, there is a Club 3D Radeon, Sapphire, HiS,XfX, etc.

Manufacturer, which means cooling solutions and quality of components.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Find a used gtx 460, ive seen these on craigslist for as low as 40 bucks. They are faster than a 7770 and good for most games at high/1080p.

Around your budget a 7770 would be the best bet, or maybe a 7790 if it isn't much more. 4 GB vs 1 GB wouldn't make much of a difference for you since you only need more vram when you are dealing with larger screen resolutions, which wouldn't be realistically possible with any card around your budget range anyhow.