Any other rets seeing massive improvements from the inquisition change?

I'm not talking about from a skill perspective, but just from the less used up hp allowing for more TV.

Well yeah. It felt clunky as shit before the change.

Inq glyph is the best thing ever.
    Last edited by Faesroll; 2013-09-17 at 04:08 PM.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    I'm confused. if you math it out, the Inq change means you now spend 3 HP per minute on maintaining Inq instead of 6. is that 3 HP you get really that big a deal? or does it also have to do with the new Inq glyph? because that one only works on killing blows and is not reliable.

Still getting used to not hitting mouse 5 every 29 seconds...

love it!

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm confused. if you math it out, the Inq change means you now spend 3 HP per minute on maintaining Inq instead of 6. is that 3 HP you get really that big a deal? or does it also have to do with the new Inq glyph? because that one only works on killing blows and is not reliable.
    I don't use the glyph, but using half the HP per minute did wonders, everything feels a bit smoother to me now.

The glyph is less useful for raids but amazing for things like any kind of world soloing (timeless isle and proving grounds especially).

Yeah I would never use Inq glyph for raids, TV glyph, hand of sac glyph, and Alex trebek glyph is too good to pass up.

Inq glyph will be great for leveling and farming however.

Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    Yeah I would never use Inq glyph for raids, TV glyph, hand of sac glyph, and Alex trebek glyph is too good to pass up.
    TV glyph is borderline mandatory, it should be baseline in my opinion (there are a few other glyphs that I think are at this point now also).

Deleted
    I have to confess I haven't used it because on any fight with adds I'm certainly going to take Exo glyph and am likely to also benefit more from double jeopardy. As I read it, it doesn't proc when an add dies, only if you get the killing blow. Now maybe this happens quite by chance often enough to see a difference, but does it really?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    It's more than that though, because unless you're getting an abundance or absence of AoW/Divine Purpose procs, your HP gain is irregular, and you want 100% uptime on inquisition above all else.

Realistically, this means that you have to make a split-second decision to either refresh early or late depending on how regular HP income is, which means that you're actually spending more than 6 HP per min. And when you've got RPPM trinkets and enchants, losing a GCD during a proc-streak is a massive loss in potential dps.

When it's got a min timer, it's less painful if you feel that you've gotta refresh at, say, 5 seconds instead of 1.5 (window where the overlapping time is carried over) Especially if you're getting ready to pop wings+GoK(Another awesome QoL change.) and raid mechanics won't wait for your Inquisition to hit that ~1.5 mark, or you don't want to lose a GCD refreshing it when procs/cd's are rolling.

Not having to refresh INQ in the middle of a proc/burst/aoe phase is the most noticeable difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new inq. Also the glyph is very useful. Doing dungeons, scenarios, dailies without having to refresh is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, being able to pop inq and not refresh it during hero is fucking amazing. Makes using GoAK a hell of a lot less annoying as well. Glyph makes grinding so much less...grindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I have with the new Inq glyph is that it does not stack beyond 2 minutes and 2 seconds. Otherwise, its very useful on a number of fights- Immersous, possibly Protectors, Norushen, Pride, Galakras, Dark Shamen, ect. Essentially any fight where adds come out, it can add extra duration to Inq, possible allowing you to only cast it once per fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Inquisition is on the same path as seals eventually ran.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    I wonder if Inquisition is on the same path as seals eventually ran.
    Isn't that the real question? The game is all about dps and one way to slightly buff it is to improve QoL which also increases the damage lows on average by an even larger margin. To be honest, I believe seals went the way they did because they started out as THE source for damage and as more abilities were added it became a much smaller part of the percentage.

If only blizzard could have found a way to replace inquisition with seals as they at least appear more game changing and could have possibly made the game play less mirrored.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    The glyph is less useful for raids but amazing for things like any kind of world soloing (timeless isle and proving grounds especially).
    The Proving grounds thing is both a curse and a blessing. On one note, I'm glad I don't have to refresh it at all. Ever. In proving grounds. However, for someone new to ret that discovers it they wouldn't learn about how it will work in a real raiding environment as you can't rely on the glyph at all when in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Seems more like a PvP buff
    Yeah it's a major PvP buff, 3 extra HP and a global every minute might not sound like much, but in PvP it starts some awesome chain reactions and prevents some horrific downward spirals; such as having to choose between refreshing it and healing a near-death teammate, since once it falls off your heals become much less likely to crit and so you need to heal more...