Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Timeless isle rare drops make me rage

Is anyone else annoyed how every cool item on the timeless isle has charges on it? Even farming for the Cauterizing core seems useless, given it's very low drop rate and it only has 50 charges. Sure, 50 seems like a lot, but imagine if stuff like Ali's Skymirror had a limited number of charges... 2% drops having charges? Give me a break. Even the kick ass falling flame has charges.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=219459/w...pecial-effects

What makes me rage is the achievement Going To Need A Bigger Bag. This pisses me off in general. We already have limited bag space, the items on here are items found across pandaria, and now we have to get them again (considering you may have a few of them already).

It's a slap in the face imo.

The biggest slap in the face since stacking clams.

That achievement is totally garbage. Measly 10 points to reply rng luck drop rate which may take months unless rng gods favors you! No thanks, I just want my insanity potion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I disagree- I probably wont go for the achievement but I definitely want some of the vanity items and barely have any room in my bank as it is.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    What makes me rage is the achievement Going To Need A Bigger Bag. This pisses me off in general. We already have limited bag space, the items on here are items found across pandaria, and now we have to get them again (considering you may have a few of them already).

Then don't do it, simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Give me a break. Even the kick ass falling flame has charges.
    The idea of an item having 'charges' has pissed me off since getting my first WoW TCG loot-card, the Path of Illidan. I used a couple charges just to see what it looked like myself, and to show it off to my wife.. but afterward haven't used a single one, because I didn't want to exhaust them all.

Making items with charges a permanent item with a CD (whatever length).. say like.. Mr. Smite's Brass Compass.. would be more acceptable than just.. "Hey, grats on the RNGods smiling on you - now here's your item with 50 charges. Good luck!"

I also feel like Blizzard really... REALLY fVck!ng needs to revisit stack-sizes as well.. but that's more towards the issue of bag space than towards the topic presented here.. thus I'll leave it be for now.

#FlightIsImportant

Biggest slap in the face is that I thought Timeless Isle was going to be a sandbox zone just for max-geared players. Instead, it turns out that it's just a new catch-up zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hope they do a Dragon Age style Bag with infinite Space for Vanity Items and Heirlooms etc.
    Sure, the bag is available off a once a day rare spawn and has a 2% drop rate. The bag has a life duration of three months, after that you need to farm it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post

You don't have to get them again unless you deleted the item when you first obtained it. If you have any of the items already it counts towards the achievement. The non-timeless isle items are unique so that means you can't have two. What should make you rage is that you deleted items and now regret it. But none of that is blizzards fault.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I've been farming for the last week (during 3 soo clears too) and at work on dead realms. Over 300 rares a day. Over half way through the achievement. When it's done, I will drink acid.

Also, Spirit of Jadefire / mobs in there. What a joke. Murdered at leat 1k of them, no pet. Stupid.

Deleted
    What I don't like about "Going To Need A Bigger Bag", is that it is char specific and not shared, same for killing all the rares etc.

The name of the achievement was obviously intended to troll players. The devs know they have a problem with bagspace in MoP (they've talked about it in blue posts and tweets) and they deliberately decided to make it worse. These items have charges so at least they aren't permanent bagspace consumers. Shrug. It is what it is.

I gave up on all the Timeless Isle rares as soon as I realized they had charges... I mean what's the point in spending so much time farming something when it's only temporary?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    I've been farming for the last week (during 3 soo clears too) and at work on dead realms. Over 300 rares a day. Over half way through the achievement. When it's done, I will drink acid.

Also, Spirit of Jadefire / mobs in there. What a joke. Murdered at leat 1k of them, no pet. Stupid.
    I had this issue with the pet over on the beach with Dread Ship. Took me about 1k kills to get it, then two people in my guild got it in 5-10 kills...what the f...was not happy. I figured I would try to knock out all the pets first....boy was that a bad idea.

Did people think Timeless Isle would be all their Christmases rolled up into one? So many 'but mummy I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it NOW' posts lol

That achievement isn't for anybody and as i am an "achieve whore" i have to admit that needing 30+ rare items for it and with the current low drop rate u need alot of patience to gain it.This achievement is probably something to work on when you have SoO on farm/done with it and waiting for the next xpac which hopefully isn't long from now.
    I have killed so many rare mobs and so many normal elite ones for drops towards this achievement that i don't think i even reached a quarter necessary for it.
    Also we have countless rare mobs which is very nice,but why in the world have 1 of them on a respawn timer of 12hr+(i am looking at you Golganarr).on a high populated server is very difficult to see him and with the achievement being non account wide make it even worse.You have a rare mob that drops a mount(which the way i see it in general chat is not that rare) on a 30 min- 1 hr respawn rare and this one on a 12 hr which drops nothing really except for 1 rare item which also drops from the normal elite giants.

Comparing a item that's a free soulstone basically to a mirror that turns you to look like someone else..Gee wonder why it'd have charges.
    Look to the wind item thing when MoP came out, and when it was allowed to be used outside of Pandaria. People'll find ways to abuse it, and everyone and there mothers would be farming that item if it was permenant.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The drop rates omg the drop rates.

I'm close to giving up. Been camping a rare for days on end, still no drop.

<1% drop rates are fucking bullshit. I'm going to go insane if I keep this up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The drop rates omg the drop rates.

I'm close to giving up. Been camping a rare for days on end, still no drop.

<1% drop rates are fucking bullshit. I'm going to go insane if I keep this up.

heres some info for you:

the droprates of rares were lowered. therefore, all elitemobs (that ones you farm 20 of on daily basis) will now also drop tokens. the best way to get tokens still is to gamble at the apes chest den.

note one thing: the more equip you already have fitting your needs, the more painful it SEEMS to be to get the parts that are missing, cause the number of "fitting" slots reduces.

i wish you better luck anyways. maybe your shaman or hunter, i could give you all my uneccessary rolls ;-) i could have slotted a shaman 4 times by now, while my one leather class is still not ready ;-)