Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yippee kai yay!!!

Git along, little doggies.

I think the lack of actual revenue from the RMAH coupled with the tremendous feedback from console gamers about "aahhh, this is how D3 was supposed to be" sorta made this a slam dunk.

I mean, the Console's been out how long before they made this announcement? Not very long at all.

The data had to be overwhelmingly in this direction for Blizz to close the AH for good considering not only how much work they put into it, but how they delayed the launch, then delayed the AH, then pushed back against the tremendous backlash they received.

I love this decision. But man alive, when looking at the data, it musta been one of those "cats and dogs agree, even zombies and brains agree..."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually surprised to see such a drastic approval from the forums for this. I'm just used to seeing so much QQ. Anyway, I think it's the right decision although my gf is currently fuming over it. She buys all her gear which I feel goes against the entire point of the game. I personally haven't been able to access the AH or been able to trade items due to some technical errors on Blizzard's end that they can't figure out so I'm not attached to it in anyway. Game stays the same for me. Grind gear for myself or have nothing at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    This is extremely stupid, the AH is incredibly useful for anyone that wants to play the game for more than 15 minutes a week. I don't get why people opposed the AH, except for the idiotic notion that without an AH they could make the drop rate on good items much higher. So now if you want to be competitive you will have to use 3rd party sites/forums for trading?
    Orrrr just do it the old fashioned way and get loot from drops? Why do people seriously like Pay 2 Win with gold or real world money? I understand competition, but it ruins the uniqueness of item drops. Soooo happy for this update as well as Loot 2.0!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

If it weren't for the AH, I wouldn't have bothered going past (or even into) Nightmare mode.

Somehow the endless and repetitive grinding just to get enough gear to repeat the entire game again just seems... unattractive.

Too bad that they don't just close the real money part of it and leave the gold part like WoW.

I sure hope that they start giving gear drops as you play that can actually improve your character vs. the 8 - 10 levels below that drops now. While my highest level character could (when lucky) help gear my lower level characters none of them ever got drops at level that they could use or that improved their gear -- that is bad design and necessitated using the auction house to get at level gear that improved a character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great decision time to play again
    The AH and especially the RMAH was a stupid move after all.

Fantastic news!

Took them long enough to realise what most gamers have understood ever since Diablo 3 was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the players said that from the beginning that the idea sucked, but Blizzard yet again didn't want to listen.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So since the DRM was there BECAUSE of the Auction House, are you gonna uncouple ONLINE MANDATORY to play a single player aspect part of it?

I quit playing cause out in the boondocks I dont exactly keep a pristine connection here and got tired of having my SINGLE PLAYER gameplay interrupted cause of a silly hiccup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    OK, I'm going to re-install D3 now.
    Well it doesn't close until March 18th, so you got time.

15+ Year Old Account
    <3 <3 <3 new Lead Designer Josh Mosqueira. It's become abundantly apparent that he cares about the players and is actively listening to their feedback. Just about everything leading up to Reaper of Souls is undoing considerable chunks of bad decisions and design made under the tenure of Jay Wilson and his brazenly petulant ego.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Too little too late, but atleast they try. Not enough for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    RMAH did ruin the game a bit, I can agree that. HOWEVER.

Auction house helped people to get an honest price on items, .
    A shitty skorn costing 20 million is not a honest price.

The loot system on the console is way more improved then the current PC version so with this happening we will finally get loot worth having.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY COW.

Awesome.

Gameplay before money, seems Blizzard is gradually steering away from mindless consumerism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    Why do people seriously like Pay 2 Win with gold or real world money? I understand competition, but it ruins the uniqueness of item drops. Soooo happy for this update as well as Loot 2.0!
    P2W ruins the game for everyone else, and it's this intent that certain players indulge in it.

Hawken is a recent game that suffered from this. It's new update shaved down some of the P2W factor, but it's still there enough that unless you have a max level, fully unlocked mech you are gonna struggle to have fun pubbing matches.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome news indeed. I hope the AH is removed at the same time or before the expansion comes out, as that's when I start to play again.

Deleted
    Thank you! see you in the xpack.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...I didn't see this coming. I knew it needed it and their design has been allowing for it to happen, but I didn't think they'd be so bold to announce this so early. Also, begin speculation that Loot 2.0 won't drop until March of next year, which likely means RoS in May-ish. I also assume that the gear from RoS will have to be so much better than what we have now so that it makes everyone's bought power from the AH pointless.

Woot D2JSP will be back!!!