Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Guardian] 5.4 Trinkets?

I have looked through here and Icy Veins till my eyes are bleeding, and somehow I have missed any information there is regarding Bears and any of the new trinket options in SoO.

Does anyone have any insight? I know Ferals got hit sort of hard with having a Heroic Trinket or 2 from ToT still being BiS, but are Guardians in the same boat?

What would you consider to be your top 2-4? The Tank CDR one has to be in the top 2, I would think. Just not sure from there.

And if this information is here already, I apologize. You can just link it to me and I'll read it there.

Arielle listed The CDR trinket and heroic Talisman of Bloodlust (Prim trinket) as bis for bears this tier.

Haven't read much on it but obviously the CDR trinket is too good to pass up. I believe bloodlust is bis due to a few things, one being soft crit cap, another being an increase in rppm of the trinket, the other being the way bear haste rating works.

As far as how good bloodlust is over the other trinkets for RPS/DPS I also have no idea.

Bloodlust is BiS for RPS this tier, nothing beats it.

Vial is basically a must have because of how ridiculously good it is. Other than that there's Rook's which apparently works on a lot of cone abilities, and Hubris for DPS if you want it.

Most of the Agi DPS trinkets are just terrible for us this tier.

That's why I wanted to ask...I was looking through the trinkets and being very discouraged. I am just an LFR Ranger, unfortunately, unless I start getting into some Flex groups, so it may not be that horribly important on BiS trinkets for me, but it's good to know I don't need to use my coins for any other trinkets besides the CDR.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierjn View Post
    That's why I wanted to ask...I was looking through the trinkets and being very discouraged. I am just an LFR Ranger, unfortunately, unless I start getting into some Flex groups, so it may not be that horribly important on BiS trinkets for me, but it's good to know I don't need to use my coins for any other trinkets besides the CDR.
    It should be noted that you're not really in danger of Crit-capping unless you do Normal or higher. In which case Hubris is actually really good and you should probably get it. RoRo also retains its value longer as well.

Cool. Great info!

CDR trinket is awesome, very worth it. I lost it to my co-tank paladin yesterday and I was pissed off (secretly) and I'm still feeling the heart pains still to this morning.. Im a /sad bear.

I won a Rook (540/flex) this week and I was curious what fights in particular it is beneficial for in 10m normal and heroic. People are suggesting adds on Dark Shammans, Thock's cone Breath, and Malkorok phase 2 but is there more? What about heroic ToT fights; just Megera, Primo, and Lei Shen? Does its usefulness decline if the tank isnt usually the one dying and causing a wipe? So far our healers haven't complained about keeping me topped off in any fights. Our prob is that usually one person will do something wrong and cause the wipe for the rest of us.

My other trinket choices are H Rentaki, N RoRo, and a 553 Juggernaught i took just so it wouldn't get sharded.

Would the Juggernaught be good on a Animus Zerg fight? With the 5.4 changes I'm hoping to make a case for letting me tank the zerg cuz our Brewmaster kept dying.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-09-21 at 04:59 PM.

I've been using a 580 Rook since I can't seem to get a Vial to drop yet, and it seems to be more applicable than it was on the PTR (maybe some abilities weren't flagged as AoE). Ironically, I haven't had a need/desire for reduced defensive cooldowns thus far, although that may drastically change.

While I don't know if it's intended, I used the trinket to negate the damage of almost all the abilities of the Titanic Corruption, allowing me to easily just eat everything to the face... since it was giving me Vengeance, not sure if that's intended or not, but I like getting out early! While it certainly wasn't necessary, I used the trinket on every other Swelling Pride on Sha of Pride to make the damage insanely trivial. I used the trinket for the first half of a Siege Mode on Juggernaut, mostly because I was sporting a 7-stack of the tanking debuff and I didn't want the healers to have to worry about me... awesome DPS boost, btw. I can't remember if it worked on Crawler Mines or not. Didn't try it with the oozes on Dark Shammies, I'd imagine it would work since it's technically an AoE. I don't want to make this an excessively long post list every fight, so I'll just say to try it out and see how things go.

While I believe the trinket won't necessarily negate this looming big hit that will destroy you, it's gotten to the point where healers can worry about other people during big AoE situations. Taking less damage as a tank whenever possible is a good thing, right?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Bloodlust is BiS for RPS this tier, nothing beats it.
    lol a haste dps trinket? doesn't fit in my logging, can you explain why?

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    The short version is that our crit values are so high that haste will outperform crit. Majority of your rage generation actually comes from auto-attacks, which has a much lower crit cap than Mangle... adding haste increases the frequency of auto-attacks, thereby increasing RPS at a better rate than additional crit.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Most bears will likely be crit soft capped and thanks to Primal Fury, that means their mangles and auto attacks will give an additional 15 rage per crit. The only way to increase your auto attacks is through haste which is why the trinket is the best if Rage per Second is your goal.

...... and Exo beat me to it.

hmm since when auto attacks start giving rage again...
    and also this trinket is so crap on proc, it's rarely stacked to full on my hunter , and for kittens it was complete crap, maybe new RPPM can do it?!
    maybe it would be more reasonable to reforge RoR to haste then, as I see it procing very often
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-09-21 at 10:01 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm since when auto attacks start giving rage again...
    They have all expansion long.

also this trinket is so crap on proc, it's rarely stacked to full on my hunter , and for kittens it was complete crap, maybe new RPPM can do it?!
    The trinket's proc got a slight buff in 5.4, it's much better for us now.

maybe it would be more reasonable to reforge RoR to haste then, as I see it procing very often
    Maybe you should look over 5.4 patch notes...RoR got nerfed. Also to use this trinket for a haste proc would just be backwards and not make any sense. We go for haste when we reach the crit cap for auto attacks and a haste proc from RoR would significantly reduced your crit...

NH+2 Bloodlust trinket is proccing quite good and seems to stack alot smoother than before.

How good is bloodlust nh against renatakis hc

I kinda like the Stam with aoe reduction, looks like it could be worth taking on some fights.

Still waiting to try out the amp str trinket see how it works, dont think it will be better than bloodlust but I would just like to test it on 1-2 encounters.

How good is bloodlust nh against renatakis hc
    Depends how much crit you have. Remember Renataki's is basically free stats you don't have to reforge somewhere else. So for you it's probably still better than Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Depends how much crit you have. Remember Renataki's is basically free stats you don't have to reforge somewhere else. So for you it's probably still better than Bloodlust.
    With 300 agi bufffood i get to 78.9 % crit with bloodlust and renatakis and with rean and ror i get over 79% cause both are hc. (ror non proc ofc)

Depending on what gear drops you get, Renataki's can be a vast overkill of expertise... I'm actually struggling to get hit cap right now with an overabundance of expertise, had to reforge out of some haste to do it. I'd imagine that the mastery-with-agility-proc trinket (can't remember the name of it even though we had two drop this week off Blackfuse) is probably a similar substitute to Renataki's if one cannot get a Talisman and/or you need secondary stats to mess with in the trinket slot. Although, Talisman would be the most optimized route with perfect drops since haste is oh-so-yummy right now with high crit.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I remember passing on Bloodlust as Feral, can't remember if it was N or H, either way I wish I had it now Currently double procs with H Rentaki and N RoR is putting me over 130% crit as Bear so obviously something needs to be done. The obvious solution is to replace RoR. One issue I see with Talisman of Bloodlust is I don't really want infinite haste whenever it procs, I want higher sustained rage production. On demand rage production would be best to but there is no on use trinket in that category that I am aware of. In a situation like Empowered Whirlwind where you want to heal several times over a short period I don't want to be relying on a proc for rage.

I guess my short term solution is to hopefully get Vial ASAP. However WoW's Law states that your likelihood of getting a drop is inversely proportional to how bad you need it. For the second slot I may just have to stick with H Rentaki's. I'm curently gemming some stamina so with a second stam trinket I could gem for more sustained rage production but the other 2 stam trinkets are problematic. Rook's does not appear to work well (maybe this has been fixed?) and Hubris causes crit cap issues.

On demand rage production would be best to but there is no on use trinket in that category that I am aware of.
    you already have on demand stuff with enrage berserk and if you need it incarnation. Dont know why you would want another one. and for empowered whirlwind you just use a small cooldown like barkskin and save DoC for that.