Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I would say virtually the same:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...arison-gallery

Some PS3 textures look sharper, some 360 textures look sharper. It's all very minor and seems to be no clear winner. Again, this review company also installed the 2nd disk which is a big no-no. It results in missing foliage, blurry ground texture, etc... which is why there is blurry ground textures on the 360 in some screen shots.
    Oh shit I didn't know installing the second disk was bad. Hmm alright. If theirs one criticism I can level of the game it's that the visual fidelity is not terrible high. It's OKAY but I mean I'm not playing GTA to be doom or quake or anything right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're on the subject of GTA 5 and PS3 I just have one curious question. How much hard drive space does GTA 5 take up on the PS3? Just wanted to know because I'd like to get it for the PS3 but my hard drive only has like 3GB left (120GB).
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Since we're on the subject of GTA 5 and PS3 I just have one curious question. How much hard drive space does GTA 5 take up on the PS3? Just wanted to know because I'd like to get it for the PS3 but my hard drive only has like 3GB left (120GB).
    8.23gb according to the physical box

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindico View Post
    8.23gb according to the physical box
    Damn looks like I'll be getting it for Xbox 360 then unless I actually muster up the energy to switch my dad's ps3 hard drive with mine since he has I think the 320GB. Just never felt like doing all that stuff because I'm too lazy.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Damn looks like I'll be getting it for Xbox 360 then unless I actually muster up the energy to switch my dad's ps3 hard drive with mine since he has I think the 320GB. Just never felt like doing all that stuff because I'm too lazy.
    You sound like Michaels son.

How about not being lazy and remove some stuff? if you swap drives with another ps3 they get all content deleted anyway.

I've been playing for over 12 hrs on a ps3 digital addition with no issue at all. I here a lot about issue but haven't notice anything and looks very well graffics wise or at least the best it can this gen.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks better at night than it does during the day :S

Deleted
    I've got it on 360 and the graphics seem normal. Though sometimes think take a few milleseconds to load if they are far away in the background and I zone in.

The only problem I'm having is with the color black, whatever cable I'm using (HDMI or the official one) blacks look kind of watery. Never had this problem with any other game, but its not a huge deal.

Couldnt find the option to change the tone either ;/

As someody else pointed out, make sure your display settings are ticked for all resolutions for the ps3. I only had 1080p selected and since gta's highest rez is 720p, it defaulted down to 576i. Which is the worst graphics i have seen since ps1. Try that before you blame the hardware

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    You sound like Michaels son.

How about not being lazy and remove some stuff? if you swap drives with another ps3 they get all content deleted anyway.
    Oh really? So the transfer doesn't really transfer my saved games to the other hard drive it just wipes it clean? I've never done this so I always thought it was just like swapping hard drives with the Xbox 360.

Oh really? So the transfer doesn't really transfer my saved games to the other hard drive it just wipes it clean? I've never done this so I always thought it was just like swapping hard drives with the Xbox 360.
    I don't understand. Are you honestly playing that many games to where you can't sacrifice 8 gigs of space on your hard drive? It's not like you need to delete saved games, just wipe out some of the game data.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there anyway to change the resolution on the game, the PS3 menu is shown in 1920x1080 pixels but when i start GTA V the resolution changes to 1280x720 can you change that or should i just live with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n View Post
    is there anyway to change the resolution on the game, the PS3 menu is shown in 1920x1080 pixels but when i start GTA V the resolution changes to 1280x720 can you change that or should i just live with that?
    The PS3 sets it to 720 because the game itself maxes out at 720. Look at the back of the box. 480 and 720 are the resolutions.

Deleted
    Well guys, as some of you wanted an update after I finish:

I returned the PS3 and they had no identical ones in stock so I was given the first original PS3 with 80GB of storage along with a game of my choice or 50 euro refund. This PS3 is brand new and is working normally. Thanks everyone for your effort and the huge amount of attention this got (10k views) and if anyone has an issue with their PS3, I hope this thread will be guiding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well guys, as some of you wanted an update after I finish:

I returned the PS3 and they had no identical ones in stock so I was given the first original PS3 with 80GB of storage along with a game of my choice or 50 euro refund. This PS3 is brand new and is working normally. Thanks everyone for your effort and the huge amount of attention this got (10k views) and if anyone has an issue with their PS3, I hope this thread will be guiding them.
    Well I am glad its going good for you then bud. Enjoy the game

Try with another HDMI cable or another TV/Monitor if you have one availible. Changing to 720p didn't solve it for me and as Camo Snake has explained, it's very likely that you also have a hardware issue, possibly ram. Does your PS3 make weird loud noises whilst playing? With the disc reader? In that case it might be the disc reader failing.

Later today I am gonna go replace my PS3, when I've the new one I'll post here again to see if any of the other 'symptoms' are displayed in the new one. I'll keep this thread posted.
    Able to test this stuff tomorrow, will write back if I see any changes. I bought used PS3 with 160GB HDD like year and half ago, does faster HDD make any difference just curious if I should change or even format it. I think I formated it when I got the console, but after that a lot of stuff been installed.

But what I can say now my PS3 does not make weird loud noises as far as I can remember. Ofcourse it is making little sounds while it is running and playing a game, but are we talking about 'loud' now?

I am going to test some other games too so I can see if the problem appears there.

Also, I haven't been playing PS3 about half a year, but now I am back for GTA V.
    Last edited by Norther; 2013-09-22 at 01:02 AM.
    asd

I have the PS3 digital version and can confirm when driving really fast it takes a bit for textures to initially load.

But I knew what I was getting into, and plan on also getting the PC version for modding and better controls + better online later.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I have the PS3 digital version and can confirm when driving really fast it takes a bit for textures to initially load.

But I knew what I was getting into, and plan on also getting the PC version for modding and better controls + better online later.
    There has been some major problems with the digital Ps3 version and there is a chance that Sony/Rockstar/Take Two will let people refund it for a hard copy or for cash.

It was reported the other day that it has had some problems some that where near game breaking.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/474...an-psn-version

The availability of a downloadable version of Grand Theft Auto 5 on PlayStation Network may offer convenience, but that digital copy runs noticeably worse than its disc-based PlayStation 3 counterpart, reports Digital Foundry.

The site compared the PS3 disc version of GTA 5 to the PSN alternative, and found that the downloadable version suffers from pop-in problems for both textures and objects. In a comparison video, the PSN version exhibits issues in both cutscenes and gameplay that are absent in the disc-based game.

The videophiles at Digital Foundry ran their initial tests on a PS3 with an upgraded 500 GB hard drive running at 5400 rpm, a higher-quality drive than the ones in many PS3 units. When they tried the PSN version on a launch-era, stock 60 GB PS3 with a newly formatted hard drive, the game's performance took an obvious hit.

That applied particularly in situations that tax the game's streaming capabilities, such as driving at high speed. Note the sequence from 2:05 to 2:13 in the video, during which the driver's downtown Los Santos surroundings vanish and soon reappear after a crash.

It seems that the PS3 disc version of GTA 5 doesn't suffer from these problems because it requires a mandatory installation to the console's hard drive, just like the Xbox 360 version. Streaming content from the installed data as well as from the game disc appears to offer a better experience than having to run the entire game from the hard drive. It remains to be seen whether the Xbox 360 Games on Demand version of GTA 5, which Rockstar said is on the way, will have the same issues as the PSN version.

"At this point in time we cannot recommend the digital download version of Grand Theft Auto 5," said Digital Foundry. "In all cases, we find that the retail disc game offers the superior GTA 5 experience."
    For both the Xbox 360 and Ps3 versions of the game to look as good as they do and to run as good as they do they have the console stream data from both a install and the disk. It seems when its all 100% stream from the hard drive it cause's major problems like texter ripping and other problems it seems due to how old the hardware is.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-22 at 01:42 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks great on my PS3!

Can't wait for PC version though

Not really sure why anyone would want a digital copy on the PS3, especially since the disc helps for a console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    does faster HDD make any difference just curious if I should change or even format it.
    It's possible it could make a difference because it has to transfer the textures before it displays them so if that process isn't fast enough it could bump down the AF and display 'lower-res' versions, but its far more likely to just slow down with its current AF if that was happening and unlikely the drive would slow down enough for it to happen at all. More likely to be a memory issue if its AF related.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2013-09-22 at 02:00 AM.