Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

GTA V on PS3 looks bad

Hey, I've been playing GTA V on PS3 for a couple of hours now and I cant help to realise that the graphics are bad. They aren't terrible but GTA IV looked better than this on my old PS3. I'm using an HDMI Cable and I chose 1080p in the settings but it doesn't look good at all, the grass isn't grass, it's a flat green surface. Note I have a new PS3, only had it for a week but on my 360 the graphics look so much different and better, anyone experienced this and been able to fix?

Well guys, as some of you wanted an update after I finish:

I returned the PS3 and they had no identical ones in stock so I was given the first original PS3 with 80GB of storage along with a game of my choice or 50 euro refund. This PS3 is brand new and is working normally. Thanks everyone for your effort and the huge amount of attention this got (10k views) and if anyone has an issue with their PS3, I hope this thread will be guiding them.
    Last edited by mmoc0606183866; 2013-09-21 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Info after I got this fixed

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scranton, PA...yes where the office was made!
    Ps3 has always had a problem with 1080p and input lag, put it on 720p, itll look better.

Deleted
    I'm on the PS3 GTAV and mine matches the xbox and in certain situations beats it.I have the digital edition.

Digital Copy? It's basically been confirmed the digital copy looks worse. Lots of complaints about it... the game was designed to use both the DVD drive and HDD to load textures as fast as possible, and apparently the digital copies causes an HDD bottleneck by not using the DVD Drive to load certain textures. Grass is one of the things that takes ages to load on digital copies when compared to physical copies.

Google around, there's lots of stories about it... If you have the 360 copy just play it on that. Don't install both disks though, or you'll run into the same issue. Only suppose to install 1 disk, and let the other read from the drive (straight from Rockstar's Twitter).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalaar View Post
    I'm on the PS3 GTAV and mine matches the xbox and in certain situations beats it.I have the digital edition.
    Can you post your display settings?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Digital Copy? It's basically been confirmed the digital copy looks worse. Lots of complaints about it... the game was designed to use both the DVD Drive and HDD to load the game as fast as possible, and apparently the digital copies causes an HDD bottleneck by not using the DVD Drive to load certain textures. Grass is one of the things that takes ages to load on digital copies when compared to physical copies.

Google around, there's lots of stories about it... If you have the 360 copy just play it on that.
    No I've a physical copy and I'd love to play on the 360 but it's my roommates and he's playing it himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EverdayMJ View Post
    Ps3 has always had a problem with 1080p and input lag, put it on 720p, itll look better.
    Nothing happened, graphics changed slightly for the worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll much?

Either your TV/PS3 is bad or you're trolling.

The versions look almost identical with some small technical advantages in favor or the PS3 disk version. The PSN version has little bit of texture popping that most wouldn't even had noticed/minded if the Internet didn't bring it up. The 360 version has the same problem if you install the 2nd disk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EverdayMJ View Post
    It's doesn't even play in 1080p on the PS3. The PS3 automatically reverts to 720p.

Refrain from calling other members trolls. Infracted. -Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-09-17 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    There's quite a difference between the 360 and Ps3 versions. Could explain your problem.
    It's like impossible to tell on a 360p video. Any difference I am seeing is related to different day/night cycles. Also, I believe that guy has his HDMI set to "Full" on the PS3 making bright scenes look more contrasty, however he's definitely going to get some black crush when it's night time.

Better video (and 720p):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbYyMq4cGU

Both visuals and FPS are virtually the same on both consoles, can't go wrong with either Physical copy. I would still avoid the digital copy though..
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-09-17 at 07:42 PM.

There's quite a difference between the 360 and Ps3 versions. Could explain your problem.
    I'm skeptic. Are these actual brightness & shading differences, or is there also a different time of the day difference? Shadows align pretty well, so that makes the latter less likely, but still..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindico View Post
    Can you post your display settings?
    Sure will send them via pm when i'm back on my ps3.

Deleted
    If I could somehow post a picture of it I would, I'm not trying to market 360 I prefer PS3 thats why I bought one just to play GTA, I've tried different HDMI cables but the graphics just doesn't look normal, it's bad
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Troll much?

Either your TV/PS3 is bad or you're trolling.

The versions look almost identical with some small technical advantages in favor or the PS3 disk version. The PSN version has little bit of texture popping that most wouldn't even had noticed/minded if the Internet didn't bring it up. The 360 version has the same problem if you install the 2nd disk.

- - - Updated - - -

It's doesn't even play in 1080p on the PS3. The PS3 automatically reverts to 720p.

Yeah I guess this video is better. Seems to be a fairer comparison.
    From this video, it looks nearly identical. If anything, I thought the PS3 had some sharper looking textures (but not by much).

My biggest gripe is that the game looks nothing like it did in any of the promotions screenshots/videos I saw. Like, the difference is quite dramatic.

Yeah I guess this video is better. Seems to be a fairer comparison.
    Check my above edit for a good comparison. I watched that comparison video and the guy definitely installed the 2nd disk on the 360. He's getting tons of texture pop-in and faded textures because of it. Mainly on the 2nd comparison, if you watch the ground texture will "pop" into high res shortly after the video switches on the 360 side. Rockstar twittered and said if you install the 2nd disk, this will happen.

Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbYyMq4cGU

PS3 seems to have an advantage at night time with FPS, other than that there really seems to be no difference that I can tell. It's hard to tell if shadows and lighting are better on the PS3 at night, but to me it just looks like the guy has his brightness lower on the PS3 version.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-09-17 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main difference I see is textures for the PS3 is a lot more sharper. Even once all the texture has loaded (happens for every game), it's still sharper.

OP your PS3 is broken the PS3/360 versions are practically identical.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...uto-5-face-off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From this video, it looks nearly identical. If anything, I thought the PS3 had some sharper looking textures (but not by much).

My biggest gripe is that the game looks nothing like it did in any of the promotions screenshots/videos I saw. Like, the difference is quite dramatic.
    Agreed, seems like they had the antialiasing maxed out for the screenshots etc and then turned it down to 1x for release or something .

Deleted

Look at the trees in the back for example, they look really weird, It's a cellphone picture so it's little harder to see but its clear for me

I would say virtually the same:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...arison-gallery

Some PS3 textures look sharper, some 360 textures look sharper. It's all very minor and seems to be no clear winner. Again, this review company also installed the 2nd disk which is a big no-no. It results in missing foliage, blurry ground texture, etc... which is why there is blurry ground textures on the 360 in some screen shots.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-09-17 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    This isn't a thread to compare 360 and ps3 graphics and whatever, I'm trying to solve why mine looks like shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Can tell much from your picture but it might be the sharpness setting on your TV? Reset the display settings on your PS3.

Leave the debate of PS3 VS Xbox 360 versions out of this thread please.