Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK talent suggestions

Hello there folks on MMO-Champ

Long time reader, first time poster.
    Posted recently on the US forums and decided to post here too, some of my Death Knight talent suggestions / ideas.

(no 'www' in case I cannot post links):
    mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com/talentgridmaker?theAction=view&gridId=679001

Just curious what everyone thought of some of my ideas. If you noticed, I tried to name a lot of the talents (or in some cases, use) after ones from previous expansions.

What I posted on the wow forums I'll again post here:
    Some changes are listed underneath the tree. Personally I find that many classes, not just DK's, have talent trees that are a bit bland. Not to say I don't love the talent grid design - I totally do, I just think some talents aren't enough (*ahem* like the rune regen section of the current dk tree). Some talents are rare, and that is a good thing (class specific) while some make sense being shared among classes that are lacking flavor.

Let me know what you think!

First of all I liked your talents in general,

Tier 1, pretty good designed compared to our current one.
    Tier 2, pretty good again but Mark of Blood seemed a bit OP to me, think about it using against a rogue and he heals you for your %50 hp or do nothing for 20 sec? Just change the number to %2 instead %4.
    Tier 3, this tier is what i really disliked, why should i even consider taking once-every-30sec small aoe slow over Chillblains which will provide me free permanent %50 snare plus root? Give old Desecration back instead.
    Tier 4, IDK how much Blood Parasites Heal, but Dark Succor seemed too strong, should be %25-40 instead %75, especially when considered DP-Lichborne getting baseline.
    Tier 5, I completely disagree with this tier except Rune Master, I don't want any Readiness or Preparation effect to my DK and Runic Erosion extremely OP, 6.6 sec rune regen? NO.

Your suggested glyphs are extremely strong and all are mandatory, that's not how glyph system should work.

Tier 6,

Heart of Darkness:

Cool consept, my suggestion is, change frost passive into Chillblains, and replace Chillblains with Death's Advancement.

Dark Immanence: really cool.

Grim Reaper: %50 for an execute ability too much.

Also these 3 talents are individually fine, but when consider them together, they each seem irrelevant to each other. One is about survival, other is about DPS, and the other is about survival or dps or snare depends your Spec. I feel something wrong here.

These are my personnel opinions about your suggestions, I think ideas are good but numbers are soo bad that will result in making class S5 again

(PS: strangulate should have 30 sec cd and no rune cost and 4 sec silence.)

10+ Year Old Account
    in my experiences talents will often change depending on the fight or encounter or what your team needs.

Do you feel your grid layout supports this design concept?
    Hi

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    the ideas are pretty interesting, but extremely ridiculous. these talents would make dk's the new hunters and make them the most overpowered class int he game. I'm not against that, really, as my main is a DK, but these changes are gamebreaking to say the least. Not to mention, most of these talents mimic other classes talents, and serve to further add to the travesty that blizzard is committing: class homogenization.
    Only talent in T1 that is interesting is resilient infection. I can get behind that. The forst one makes disease management/use pointless, and the last one makes dks too strong in pvp + MS = necro = OP.
    T2: mark of blood is very interesting. Other 2 are kind of cool as well, becasue I strongly feel dks, especially dps dks, need a decent defensive cd.
    T3: Don't like it at all. DG doesn't need a change, chillblains needs to be baseline, and desecration is fine as it is.
    T4: Blood parasite should stay baseline for blood dks, its a signature ability ffs. While I personally really liek your necro idea, it is way too overpowered with the current state of necro, especially if you play UH and can stack 6 necros. spectre of death is bad...too much like other classes abilities, makes dks just like several other classes.
    T5: Runic revival has the same issue as spectre of death. We're not rogues/mages/shammies/priests...stop tryign to make us liek other classes. Rune master is interesting, but I don't think it has a place in today's current system, as you've basically forced everyone into runic erosion, as nowhere else do you give us the ability to recover runes.
    T6: The talents are all kinda cool, but theres no way you can give grim reaper damage at 50%. Too OP.
    I see what you were tryign to do here...take all the things you think are OP for other classes and throw them into the dk talent system. Whiel I applaud your work and attempt to put some thought into revamping the talent tree, very little of this is original. It's basically a mish-mash of talents/skills from allt he other classes. DK's don't need to be liek other classes. They need to be unique, liek they are. While I will agree that their talents do need some revision i.e. chillblains being baseline/strang not havign a rune cost, what you have proposed makes things worse, not better.
    Last edited by forwards1ca; 2013-08-06 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    (no 'www' in case I cannot post links):
    mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com/talentgridmaker?theAction=view&gridId=679001

Just curious what everyone thought of some of my ideas. If you noticed, I tried to name a lot of the talents (or in some cases, use) after ones from previous expansions.
    I'd say it's interesting.

But as blood, I kinda feel bad that I need to use talent points to get Bone Shield and Blood Parasites back. We are kinda tuned around keeping a very high uptime on Bone Shield and unless we get some passive mitigation buff of some sort, I don't see myself not taking that. Actually, it's such a good spell that I don't see anyone not taking it, not even for Mark of Blood.
    As for the Blood Parasites, the other options aren't interesting at all as a tank. We don't use NS much, and I'm not exactly sure why we would take Specter of Death since it would generate less healing than the Blood Parasites.

Deleted
    I have to say I really like it - it's in no way balanced and it will never happen (at most we'll get some tweaks to the current talent tree) but it's nice none the less.

I made one a while back that attempted to be realistic (albeit fairly boring):

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...&gridId=660001

Thanks for some feedback guys! To be honest, I figured some of my suggestions might either be wholly lacking or a bit OP. Thing is, my main is a DK and I just thought of what would make our talents awesome. I can't deny that I most probably got 'hungry eyes' when making this - I mean hey - if anyone could make any changes they want to their favorite class, wouldn't all such changes seem a bit OP? (like I bet GC plays a BM hunter...? :P)

I tried to make the last tier a tier of pure choice, unlike the above ones either being about healing, rune regen, or mitigation - I thought one tier of whatever would be much more fun and interesting.

Anyways, what should be toned down? Azerul, you say that the Runic Erosion talent would be too op in that 6.6 second runes are too fast (though in WOTLK weren't all of our runes 6 second cds? Might be off here, not sure) - what could that number be fixed to? 7.0? Just wondering!

Mark of blood yeah, perhaps changed to 2%, I recall in WOTLK when first trying out DKS how some rogue was trying to ambush me in hellfire - LOL is all I can say.

Azerul, also: The chillblains effect that is live is only one that lasts for 10 sec regardless of the duration of Frost Fever on a target (unless FF is reapplied after CB falls off) - also, Chillblains IS the old desecration (more or less) for Unholy, since our plague strikes now apply FF, and FF with CB slows targets! For my 'desecration' talent,' I figured it might be nice to use D&D as a way to make diseases unable to be dispelled (which can be a HUGE factor in many pvp situations) to apply pressure and what not.

Dark Succor - yeah I have no idea what the % should be, but once I thought of such a talent I was stoked on it (I would LOOOOVE this myself in pvp) but I am sure there is a % that is balance-able.

Any suggestion for tier 5? I personally want the current ones passive and to have interesting choices for rune regen. Am open to hearing ideas!

Mokoshne - I agree and hope that if I didn't do that yet, that I can change these and make them work in such a way. Though I think I did that at least in part.

forwards1ca - I made the change to DG in 'iron grip' mainly so that if in either pve or pvp an enemy needs to be peeled, the dk can do so effectively by moving the enemy and disabling them for a short period (in pvp with the 2 grips it would work much like a hunter's disorient + frost trap combo, just a shorter duration on both cc's).
    And as for making DKs like other classes, like I said in the first post - some classes have abilities that I believe should be shared because they're just great all around. I don't ever want to think about giving dk's intimidating shout, auto shot, or stealth or anything xD - As for this tree being unoriginal, let's just say my first was TOO original and WAY too OP. I will consider your suggestions for sure though. Again, looking in my head for a time on rune regen for runic erosion - don't forget though: the live rune regen passive abilities are listed below as being passive (in case you missed that).

Vmagik - I like some of your ideas! hmmm... back to the drawing board for me it seems.

But hey! If anyone wants to add or tweak what I posted, feel free! I'd love to hear suggestions, and thanks again for these

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeborn View Post

Anyways, what should be toned down? Azerul, you say that the Runic Erosion talent would be too op in that 6.6 second runes are too fast (though in WOTLK weren't all of our runes 6 second cds? Might be off here, not sure) - what could that number be fixed to? 7.0? Just wondering!

Mark of blood yeah, perhaps changed to 2%, I recall in WOTLK when first trying out DKS how some rogue was trying to ambush me in hellfire - LOL is all I can say.

Azerul, also: The chillblains effect that is live is only one that lasts for 10 sec regardless of the duration of Frost Fever on a target (unless FF is reapplied after CB falls off) - also, Chillblains IS the old desecration (more or less) for Unholy, since our plague strikes now apply FF, and FF with CB slows targets! For my 'desecration' talent,' I figured it might be nice to use D&D as a way to make diseases unable to be dispelled (which can be a HUGE factor in many pvp situations) to apply pressure and what not.

Dark Succor - yeah I have no idea what the % should be, but once I thought of such a talent I was stoked on it (I would LOOOOVE this myself in pvp) but I am sure there is a % that is balance-able.

Any suggestion for tier 5? I personally want the current ones passive and to have interesting choices for rune regen. Am open to hearing ideas!
    Back in the WotLK runes were double regenerative, they have changed it and buffed abilities if i can remember correctly, fixing rune regen at 6.6 is not possible because then unholy presence will provide nothing, haste will provide nothing but faster melee strikes, and class will be gcd capped.

I don't think Chillblains is the new desecration for unholy, because desecration was providing pillar snaring and was aoe snare, yeah with rolling blood chillblains is close to desecration, but I really feel Chillblains is "so frosty" and deserves to be frost passive just my personnel taste

About DnD, I just can't imagine in what situation having your diseases undispellable within small radius is worth a talent? Since reapplying diseases is so easy, wasting a talent to make them undispellable in a small radius seemed to luxury to me.

Like you, i always dreamed to have some absorbsion effect to Necrotic Strike, but this will stay as dream you know

Quote Originally Posted by Azerul View Post
    Back in the WotLK runes were double regenerative, they have changed it and buffed abilities if i can remember correctly, fixing rune regen at 6.6 is not possible because then unholy presence will provide nothing, haste will provide nothing but faster melee strikes, and class will be gcd capped.

I don't think Chillblains is the new desecration for unholy, because desecration was providing pillar snaring and was aoe snare, yeah with rolling blood chillblains is close to desecration, but I really feel Chillblains is "so frosty" and deserves to be frost passive just my personnel taste

About DnD, I just can't imagine in what situation having your diseases undispellable within small radius is worth a talent? Since reapplying diseases is so easy, wasting a talent to make them undispellable in a small radius seemed to luxury to me.

Like you, i always dreamed to have some absorbsion effect to Necrotic Strike, but this will stay as dream you know
    Quick Note: As Asheriah pointed out - tanks would probably not like the Dark Succor (the necrotic strike heal) talent not being of much use, so I thought of something a little different, here it is:

"While an enemy target is affected by Necrotic Strike, Death Strikes made against the enemy will have their base healing increased by 6%" - this way, (much like pallys' art of war talent at the end of wotlk) a dk can apply NS and choose to use Death Stike (as Frost and Unholy wouldn't normally) for a loss of damage (and runes) but a gain in health; Bloods would spend a death rune on NS but up their incoming HP from their next Death Strike. Again, numbers can be fiddled with, I just wanted to make it as friendly as possible to all specs.

Okay, anyways: I do suppose your right about D&D, but, as a DK myself, I love D&D and just wish it had more spice: as an easily avoidable AOE DoT (unless stunned within it) it doesn't have much flare - or use. A player will run out of it, bosses+add will be pulled away or go into a different phase. Something about reducing this is what I am going for here. Any ideas?

Also, yeah, now that you mention it: Runic Erosion will need some fixing besides the rune cd cap. /thinkinghat

Edit: mY gRamuR iZ 2 gud

Deleted
    I can't deny that I most probably got 'hungry eyes' when making this
    I don't really have a problem with that, since it can mostly be fixed by tuning numbers.

My biggest issue with your tree is that it isn't tank friendly. Can't blame you for this though, since most of the time, people tend to forget blood is also sharing the same tree/spells and needs to be actually considered before doing anything.

I always see posts about how to fix Frost and Unholy suggesting changes that would greatly harm Blood. (Like this guy, asking for Roiling Blood to disappear because Frost and Festerblight don't use it, while it's actually the only thing that lets DK tanks get some snap aggro.)

Thing is, it's entirely possible to make a good tree that really fits a class that can occupy several roles, look at paladins or warriors. But it has to be very, very well thought in order to accomplish such a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    I don't really have a problem with that, since it can mostly be fixed by tuning numbers.

My biggest issue with your tree is that it isn't tank friendly. Can't blame you for this though, since most of the time, people tend to forget blood is also sharing the same tree/spells and needs to be actually considered before doing anything.

I always see posts about how to fix Frost and Unholy suggesting changes that would greatly harm Blood. (Like this guy, asking for Roiling Blood to disappear because Frost and Festerblight don't use it, while it's actually the only thing that lets DK tanks get some snap aggro.)

Thing is, it's entirely possible to make a good tree that really fits a class that can occupy several roles, look at paladins or warriors. But it has to be very, very well thought in order to accomplish such a feat.
    Check the post right above this! Is that a good change to the necrotic strike talent?

Also: forwards1ca: The first talent in the first tier (wandering plague) wouldn't render disease management useless; it would only make things a bit better if you messed up. Applying diseases in order to deal disease damage would still be necessary. (if you haven't noticed, the "wandering plague" talent is simply current roiling blood + the new 5.4 glyph of festering blood)
    Last edited by Bladeborn; 2013-08-06 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Check the post right above this! Is that a good change to the necrotic strike talent?
    I'm not exactly sure that would be really helpful.

Base healing doesn't mean much, most of the time you'll take enough damage to make DS heal for more than the base healing. And, since death striking two times would heal you for more / generate a bigger absorb value than doing NS + Death strike, then it's pretty much decided.
    You'd also have to play with the risk of letting your blood shield fade for using a death rune on something else than death strike, which you don't want 90% of the time.

Blood's priority system isn't very flexible. When fighting something that hits hard, death runes are for death strike and nothing else.

I'm not exactly sure that would be really helpful.

Base healing doesn't mean much, most of the time you'll take enough damage to make DS heal for more than the base healing. And, since death striking two times would heal you for more / generate a bigger absorb value than doing NS + Death strike, then it's pretty much decided.
    You'd also have to play with the risk of letting your blood shield fade for using a death rune on something else than death strike, which you don't want 90% of the time.

Blood's priority system isn't very flexible. When fighting something that hits hard, death runes are for death strike and nothing else.
    Right. But, say, for a tank: applying NS would increase the overall healing of DS by 6% (or whatever number) no matter what - stating that it increases the base healing is only for dks (frost and unholy) who are not taking enough damage to exceed the base healing. Imagine using NS then DS twice after - 12% overall increased heal on top of what your DS is already doing.

*Edit: 12% healing of our > HP <. With this in mind, (which is QUITE a lot of HP) - perhaps the cost of a death rune is worth it? This would make sense at least in pvp, since we'd (again) be trading damage and runes for (at most) two heals who, when used together, amount to 12% of our health (we'd then incur a rune cooldown that didn't regen Death Runes - a pretty trade off I'd think - healing for damage).

To be clear: for tanks, with this talent, you'd heal for whatever your DS heals you for PLUS 6% of your max health.
    For UH/Frost: DS heals you for at least the base heal of your health (7%?) as usual, PLUS 6% of your max health, so in total DS heals you for 13% of your max hp. Much like it used to with the old glyph or dark succor, but a bit less. Again, numbers can be fiddled with.

I feel like that sort of change is necessary - as for blood's flexibility: perhaps there should be a mechanic change (not just regarding this hypothetical tree of talents). I agree, I tank too (not for raids though) and totally know that Blood isn't flexible. I think Blizz should implement some passive something-or-other to help with this.

*Edit #2: Just curious, what does everyone think of my Minor Glyph that affects the Blood Parasite Talent?
    (here it is) :
    Minor Glyph: Glyph of the Swarm: Your Blood Parasite talent now spawns different parasites depending on the Death Knight's combat specialization.
    Blood: Vampiric Bats (Similar to a Hunter's Murder of Crows ability)
    Frost: Frozen Slime (Similar to Viscidus)
    Unholy: Cockroaches

Small touches like this are things I love to see
    Last edited by Bladeborn; 2013-08-06 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Edit: 12% healing of our > HP <. With this in mind, (which is QUITE a lot of HP)
    Well, 2 death strikes heals for a minimum of 14%.

But that's not really the point. When taking a lot of damage (i.e. raid environment), you'll probably always find that using another death strike is a better choice, survivability-wise. 2x 7% is always better than 1x 7% + 6%. It would be even stronger when taking lots of damage, because the 7% heal would be even bigger.

Your talent would make sense in 5-man, scenarios or frost/unholy PvP where you can find uses for NS, but isn't really useful for tanks during raid progression. And that's pretty much what I meant when I said "not very tank friendly".

Same thing for the Bone Shield tier. You're basically forcing tanks to spec for it when they always had it since Cata, which feels like wasting a talent point. Unless it's some kind of 100% magical damage, acclimation would be a better choice, but that's like... 1 boss per tier or so. Mark of blood is incredibly weak in a raid environment, so it's out of the equation aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-08-06 at 07:22 PM.

Well, 2 death strikes heals for a minimum of 14%.

But that's not really the point. When taking a lot of damage (i.e. raid environment), you'll probably always find that using another death strike is a better choice, survivability-wise. 2x 7% is always better than 1x 7% + 6%. It would be even stronger when taking lots of damage, because the 7% heal would be even bigger.

Your talent would make sense in 5-man, scenarios or frost/unholy PvP where you can find uses for NS, but isn't really useful for tanks during raid progression. And that's pretty much what I meant when I said "not very tank friendly".

Same thing for the Bone Shield tier. You're basically forcing tanks to spec for it when they always had it since Cata, which feels like wasting a talent point. Unless it's some kind of 100% magical damage, acclimation would be a better choice, but that's like... 1 boss per tier or so. Mark of blood is incredibly weak in a raid environment, so it's out of the equation aswell.

Well, I'll say it: I just love Bone Shield. And I love that Blood uses it! But I think, for the sake of fun, Frost and UH should be able to use it too (but having it baseline just seems out of the question). To compensate and make a real choice of the matter, the numbers for Mark of Blood and Acclimation can be fixed to be on par with Bone Shield. Also, remember such things are situational. The boss does more magic than melee? Facing wizard cleave? Acclimation seems better. Facing A rogue? The boss hits many times but not so hard? Mark of Blood! Tank and spank, or fighting another DK? Bone Shield! That's the goal in my head, anyways.

Though, I'll clarify again (I don't think I was clear enough in the last post), the Dark Succor talent should read:
    "While an enemy target is affected by Necrotic Strike, Death Strikes made against the enemy will heal the Death Knight for a minimum of 13% of his maximum health."

So, with this in mind (for tanks): 2 x (7+6) = at least 26% from two Death Strikes, better than the usual Death Strike heals tanks get I believe
    (7 from base heal, 6 from the talent which increases the base heal by 6%)
    And if a Blood tank is taking A LOT of damage, remember 13% heal when NS is up is the base for a single Death Strike. Death Strike would probably heal around 30% at least (used twice) if you're in a spot of huge damage, I'd imagine.
    Last edited by Bladeborn; 2013-08-06 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    Well, I'll say it: I just love Bone Shield. And I love that Blood uses it! But I think, for the sake of fun, Frost and UH should be able to use it too (but having it baseline just seems out of the question). To compensate and make a real choice of the matter, the numbers for Mark of Blood and Acclimation can be fixed to be on par with Bone Shield. Also, remember such things are situational. The boss does more magic than melee? Facing wizard cleave? Acclimation seems better. Facing A rogue? The boss hits many times but not so hard? Mark of Blood! Tank and spank, or fighting another DK? Bone Shield! That's the goal in my head, anyways.
    Can't blame you for that, Bone Shield is great. ^^

So much that Blood DKs are tuned around maximizing it's uptime. They have very weak passive mitigations and armor compared to other tanks, which means that in their current state, they need Bone Shield to be competitive. Putting it as a talent means they will have to spec for it.
    Blizzard is also removing passive mitigation from DPS (Moonkin/Spriest). Now you might argue that Bone Shield isn't passive and requires to be activated, but back to when it was usable by unholy dps DKs, it was a fire-and-forget ability/keep up as long as possible, which acts more or less the same as a passive damage reduction. Apparently, it's against what Blizzard wants.
    I mean, we're kinda stuck here.

About mark of blood, it's very, very weak in a raid environment because it has charges. Say you play in 25-man, the boss does this big AoE that hits everyone. Well, MoB wouldn't even heal the entire raid for 4% of their max health. You'd need a boss that can only hit the tank and spam very fast attacks. It's extremely situationnal, and it's also true for Acclimation, which requires a boss that deals mostly magic damage. (And it's quite rare, there's about one per tier, really.) These are talents you would use once in a while, they aren't really choices.

Though, I'll clarify again (I don't think I was clear enough in the last post), the Dark Succor talent should read:
    "While an enemy target is affected by Necrotic Strike, Death Strikes made against the enemy will heal the Death Knight for a minimum of 13% of his maximum health."
    That's better, indeed, but it still wouldn't help with not being able to heal/refresh/maintain the blood shield when you need it since you're death striking less.

Like I said, our active mitigation isn't flexible enough to bring in these kind of changes. As blood, you need to react to the damage you take as often as possible and I'm not exactly sure death striking less can achieve this very well.

Now that I think of it, it reminds me how hard it has to be to create new mechanics and spells with how limited the rune system is.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-08-06 at 08:02 PM.

Can't blame you for that, Bone Shield is great. ^^

So much that Blood DKs are tuned around maximizing it's uptime. They have very weak passive mitigations and armor compared to other tanks, which means that in their current state, they need Bone Shield to be competitive. Putting it as a talent means they will have to spec for it.
    Blizzard is also removing passive mitigation from DPS (Moonkin/Spriest). Now you might argue that Bone Shield isn't passive and requires to be activated, but back to when it was usable by unholy dps DKs, it was a fire-and-forget ability/keep up as long as possible, which acts more or less the same as a passive damage reduction. Apparently, it's against what Blizzard wants.
    I mean, we're kinda stuck here.

About mark of blood, it's very, very weak in a raid environment because it has charges. Say you play in 25-man, the boss does this big AoE that hits everyone. Well, MoB wouldn't even heal the entire raid for 4% of their max health. You'd need a boss that can only hit the tank and spam very fast attacks. It's extremely situationnal, and it's also true for Acclimation, which requires a boss that deals mostly magic damage. (And it's quite rare, there's about one per tier, really.) These are talents you would use once in a while, they aren't really choices.

That's better, indeed, but it still wouldn't help with not being able to heal/refresh/maintain the blood shield when you need it since you're death striking less.

Like I said, our active mitigation isn't flexible enough to bring in these kind of changes. As blood, you need to react to the damage you take as often as possible and I'm not exactly sure death striking less can achieve this very well.

Now that I think of it, it reminds me how hard it has to be to create new mechanics and spells with how limited the rune system is.

Well if Blizz wants to get rid of passive mitigation entirely, and if having Bone Shield qualifies as this, not only will it never be a talent; Blood spec is FUCKED.
    ...Hope not!

To fix Mark of Blood: Remove the charges. That way it can heal continuously any target hit by the enemy affected by MOB for 20 sec.
    I think I found a good fix:
    "Place a Mark of Blood on an enemy. Whenever the marked enemy deals damage to a target, that target is healed for 2% of its maximum health. With each additional blow dealt by the marked enemy, the healing is increased by 100%, up to a maximum of 8% of a target's maximum health. Lasts for 20 seconds."

If you're hit once, 2% of your hp back, hit twice, 4%, 3 times and each time after that: 8%. Lasts 20 sec, no charges. This could heal a raid if a massive aoe went out, or if one keeps coming out it gets more effective. In PvP, I assume having MOB on you could be like having Hand of Protection: A F_cking Obvious message to not do a certain something.

Eh?

Specter of Death, btw, wouldn't affect Death Pact (that would be an 80% heal! OP!) And though it's a direct rip of a shaman's ancestral guidance, I find it to be just too good to not be shared. I think it could work wonders with dots being spread about, especially in 5 mans - reminds me of a lock's siphon life being spread about back in TBC.
    Last edited by Bladeborn; 2013-08-06 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Well if Blizz wants to get rid of passive mitigation entirely, and if having Bone Shield qualifies as this, not only will it never be a talent; Blood spec is FUCKED.
    ...Hope not!
    Quoting myself here; "Blizzard is also removing passive mitigation from DPS (Moonkin/Spriest)."

To fix Mark of Blood: Remove the charges. That way it can heal continuously any target hit by the enemy affected by MOB for 20 sec.
    But then it would be very (too ?) good. Imagine using Mark of Blood on Megaera's rampage phase? ALL THE HEALING.

Quoting myself here; "Blizzard is also removing passive mitigation from DPS (Moonkin/Spriest)."

But then it would be very (too ?) good. Imagine using Mark of Blood on Megaera's rampage phase? ALL THE HEALING.
    Right, but only for 20 sec, and again numbers can be fiddled with to make it even / fair. But hey! Isn't that a good thing? Some talents being better than others in certain situations? I think so! :-)

Working on another version of this tree with some suggested changes from this thread, will post in a bit, thanks Asheriah and everyone else!
    (like fixing the OP-ness of Grim Reaper in a workable way)

okay after a few more fixes and updates... here's 5.0

mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com/talentgridmaker?theAction=view&gridId=686001

What do you all think? Tried to be as pvp/pve spec friendly and as situationally friendly as I could be. again, numbers aren't set in stone; what is OP at 50% can be tuned to 10% or 15% in my mind, whatever works.