10+ Year Old Account

Copyrighted Stuff

Is it allowed to post copyrighted images with out permission, non wow related?

- - - Updated - - -

like for example I take a img off a site that says "All images in this website are for viewing purposes only
    and may not be reproduced in any form without written permission from <removed>" and post it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask whoever copyrighted the image and didn't give their permission what they think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Ask whoever copyrighted the image and didn't give their permission what they think.

I am asking the mods :P if it is against the rules here

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe the sunshines opinion on it

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you're not using the image in a financial or commercial sense, it shouldn't be an issue. It's still best to attribute the image properly either in the post or via the image linking back to the source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    As long as you're not using the image in a financial or commercial sense, it shouldn't be an issue. It's still best to attribute the image properly either in the post or via the image linking back to the source.

well they are not doing that I had to track it down. I sent you a pm with the info <3

As long as you're not using it to market anything, for financial gain or to advertise something it's all legally fine-

THAT said, if the copyright holder REALLY wanted to, they can still can what you're doing. Like those guys trying to make that (destined to be terrible) Final Fantasy 7 movie adaptation. It was all free, it was just a big fan project, but the second they tried asking for donations to make it happen the monster that is SquareEnix descended upon them and ate them because HOW DARE PEOPLE PAY HOMAGE TO OUR SOURCES AND EXPAND THE ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL, WE WANT OUR GAME MARKET TO BE AS FETID AND STAGNANT AS POSSIBLE AND THEN WE'LL BITCH ABOUT WESTERN FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS BEING STAGNANT BECAUSE WE'RE TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS TO OUR OWN BLATANT IMPERFECTIONS!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally link back to the source for my sig unless I can't for whatever reason.

Legally, so long as you're not using it for any financial gain then you should be fine.
    If you want to be very safe, ask the owner, whether that's feasible or not is a different thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    well they are not doing that I had to track it down. I sent you a pm with the info <3
    We don't require that. It's nice and they should, and without it the copyright holder could demand it be removed from the posts, I suppose. Possibly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically, I have to say no, you're not allowed to post something like that.