Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    That person would be what we call a "hero" not a "serial killer"

I'd support this person and privately fund them if I could, provided I remain anonymous.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-09-20 at 04:19 PM.

And so his watch begins..

For those of you who haven't already seen this:

What if he kills someone innocent by accident? Wouldn't that make him a
    "bad" person? Who get's to determine what a "bad" person is?

Deleted
    Didn't bother to check the whole thread, but from the first ~7 pages that I read, the general consensus is that one such man would be no better than the perpetrator himself.

So basically, what most people think is that if I see my daughter, mother or wife being raped in an alley, I shouldn't rip that fucker's throat open.

Nope.

Deleted
    It's not what I'd define as evil.

Deleted
    Watch dexter, he is a mass serial killer that only kill "bad" evil people, on monday is the finale epiosde of season 8

Well, good person couldn't freely kill people. While he would be doing good things to society by killing criminals, he would be horrific person without any moral principles.

Not necessarily evil, as a person that "only kills bad guys" would probably be disturbed to the point of not knowing what he's actually doing.
    Yes, they deserve punishment, but not by death.
    "That person killed someone, let's kill him to send a message not to kill people"
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-09-21 at 11:49 AM.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    Yes, it's going to end up bad. Like people said, look at Dexter!

Deleted
    It's not bad if he ends up killing only bad people. The problem is if he ends up hurting innocent bystanders that happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he would still be what most would consider "evil". Fighting fire with fire doesn't magically change the inherent nature of fire. He would still be killing another human for a selfish sense of accomplishment, not out of self-defense or imminent threat. That being said, serial killers suddenly deciding that only other serial killers are worthy targets would be a very fortunate development IMO. Just not an inherently good or noble development.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Its only against the law because we have laws saying it is. If there were no laws saying its illegal, criminals would be hunted down and eliminated. Everyone would be on board to clean up society. I would definitely do my part if it was legal. I never understood why police care more about catching a vigilante than catching a cold blooded murderer of innocent people.

Bernie goetz is the last one I remember, hes the guy who killed those punk muggers in new york city. I know all the people loved the guy, but the media and police hated him.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2013-09-25 at 07:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    What if he kills someone innocent by accident? Wouldn't that make him a
    "bad" person? Who get's to determine what a "bad" person is?
    Mistakes happen all the time, even when done through the "justice system".

granted the system has a 97% success rate.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if the murderers/rapists/terrorists are paying for their crimes and trying to turn over a new leaf, then no I don't think it's okay, but if they are just out there consistently doing horrible things, then fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Well if the murderers/rapists/terrorists are paying for their crimes and trying to turn over a new leaf, then no I don't think it's okay, but if they are just out there consistently doing horrible things, then fuck them.
    How does a murderer truly pay for their crimes?. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    You don't really 'pay for your crime' by sitting in prison if you rape or kill someone.

And you miss the point of the justice system. Retribution isn't part of it.

Your serial killer has no right to pronounce judgement over anyone; define "criminals", define "bad morals", define anything that would be his standard. Yes, he should be captured and punished. We live in a civilized world, where justice is not dealt out by random people, but is an organized and structured thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    And you miss the point of the justice system. Retribution isn't part of it.
    It actually is, which is why I have issues with our justice system. Retribution is a very large part of it, if it were only about rehabilitation and enforcing good behaviour, we'd not be stuck with 17th century prisons and death sentences all over the world.