Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well with vol'jin as current leader of horde i doubt horde will get any new technology. Its possible he will ban most of technology garrosh developed as evil and anti-"Horde be da family mon".
    It's official, the Horde has regressed. Thanks, Vol'jin.

Who needs technological superiority when you've got family? /sarcasm

I've always been edgy about pushing the "steampunk" elements of Warcraft too far, IMO the game is mostly fantasy. Even Dwarven steam tanks stretched it too far for me.

Especially the Horde, which should be mostly tribal. With a few crazy goblin inventions here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've always been edgy about pushing the "steampunk" elements of Warcraft too far, IMO the game is mostly fantasy. Even Dwarven steam tanks stretched it too far for me.

Especially the Horde, which should be mostly tribal. With a few crazy goblin inventions here and there.
    You'd need to get really creative with the tribal stuff to make it powerful enough to counter the tech on the alliance, stuff similar to what the Zandalar have.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Agree, horde should be so primitive that they basic attack should be attempt to phagocytosis the enemy. This should be especially the case with blood elves.

Deleted
    Seems like most of the technological advances the Horde made under Garrosh (and in smaller part under Thrall) are gone. Didn't the gnomes also steal goblin tech in the siege?

On a side note, even the Horde garrison in WoD looks rather primitive, I would have expected a fortress similar to Warsong Hold but I guess "mud huts", as many people complained , are more reflective of Vol'jin's style.
    Last edited by mmoc488837156a; 2015-02-16 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, hello old thread.

Yes, I too am disappointed to see a lack of Iron Stars amongst the modern Horde. I love the tech of the Iron Horde, however - so much so that I'm hoping Warcraft IV involves more dimension travel, resulting in the Iron Horde vs. the Golden Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Oh, hello old thread.

Yes, I too am disappointed to see a lack of Iron Stars amongst the modern Horde.

I love the tech of the Iron Horde, however - so much so that I'm hoping Warcraft IV involves more dimension travel, resulting in the Iron Horde vs. the Golden Alliance.
    Well the Iron Stars are a little silly in some ways but yeah it'd be nice to see some new tech, or old tech repurposed.

And that'd be a neat idea, perhaps we can see some of it in Heroes of the Storm, you seen some of the multivese lore for those skins?
    Twas brillig

I like your Worgen ideas, however one minor caveat - I don't think Gilneas would stigmatize the curse since that would contradict the comic where the non-cursed Gilnean people and the Worgen came together and accepted each other during the Battle for Gilneas. I do think the idea of a non-evil but dark worgen cult that wishes to spread the curse would be neat. Different mutated types of Worgen would be awesome too, like Tauren-sized Dire Worgen. A potentially good subrace idea there.

I also think it'd be cool to see a blend of nature and technology, and Worgen having their own sect of biotech Druids and Plague Doctors that work to counter the death magic that the Forsaken wield.

Going forward, I don't see how the Iron Horde's influence on the Horde just.. stops? Some members of the Horde have to look at what the Iron Horde accomplished with their invasion and recognize the advantages of technology. If not at the very least protect themselves from a potential war with the Alliance.

Also, Goblin tech and Orc metallurgy is a pretty potent combination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    Going forward, I don't see how the Iron Horde's influence on the Horde just.. stops? Some members of the Horde have to look at what the Iron Horde accomplished with their invasion and recognize the advantages of technology. If not at the very least protect themselves from a potential war with the Alliance.

It stops because Vol'jin is a "Horde is family"-type of Troll that thinks the technology Garrosh brought in would only loosen their bonds, instead of using it to strengthen the Horde's military position.

And to be fair, the Horde has made way more technological advances then the Alliance in the past decade(s), the Alliance still uses their old bi-plane's and steamtanks, while the Horde keeps innovating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Horde tech = Zerg.
    Alliance tech = Protoss

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    You'd need to get really creative with the tribal stuff to make it powerful enough to counter the tech on the alliance, stuff similar to what the Zandalar have.
    The Zandalar is a much better source for ideas for the Horde than Garrosh (and not specifically because Vol'jin is Warchief at the moment). It was good that the Horde has been trying to drop that stuff post-Garrosh. In-universe, it's probably less because of Vol'jin and more because the Blackfuse Company seems to have somehow followed Garrosh through the portal. For meta reasons, it's because Garrosh's saronite fortresses and glowing machines made the Horde look downright evil, and they're not supposed to be. The Horde needs an aesthetic that's simple yet powerful, without looking evil.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-03-05 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The Zandalar is a much better source for ideas for the Horde than Garrosh (and not specifically because Vol'jin is Warchief at the moment). It was good that the Horde has been trying to drop that stuff post-Garrosh. In-universe, it's probably less because of Vol'jin and more because the Blackfuse Company seems to have somehow followed Garrosh through the portal. For meta reasons, it's because Garrosh's saronite fortresses and glowing machines made the Horde look downright evil, and they're not supposed to be. The Horde needs an aesthetic that's simple yet powerful, without looking evil.
    They're not saronite but yeah I get that they look evil, personally I -like- the look and don't care that it looks evil but I'll agree it doesn't work for anyone but orcs, goblins, and maybe belf advisers if they're firemages and such.

Kinda wish we'd managed to bring in some mogu that weren't hostile.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Kinda wish we'd managed to bring in some mogu that weren't hostile.
    I forget if I mentioned it earlier, but before the Heart of Y'Shaarj was revealed as the artifact Garrosh was going to bring back from Pandaria, my prediction was that Garrosh would unearth another Titan Creation Forge, like the one at the end of Mogu'Shan Vaults. Cho mentions that there could be others hidden beneath the surface, but we hadn't seen another at that time (and it turns out we wouldn't see one later either).

I imagined that the Forge would be dismantled and rebuilt in Ragefire, and wind up being powered by raw elemental volcanic flame rather than Titan lightning. Legions of flame-powered giant mogu stone soldiers, under the command of Garrosh's Horde.

The black blood of Y'Shaarj was a really cool power source too, though. I still think a Horde powered by that would have been awesome to see.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2015-03-24 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post

Pray tell, what exactly did the Iron Horde accomplish? They launched a surprise attack out of (literally) nowhere on two nearby fortresses and managed to capture them, and from that point onwards they've been bitchslapped all the way back to Tanaan. Their technological 'prowess' is either pitiful, or so poorly used it becomes irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    And to be fair, the Horde has made way more technological advances then the Alliance in the past decade(s), the Alliance still uses their old bi-plane's and steamtanks, while the Horde keeps innovating.
    Yes, but the Alliance is launching their biplanes from flying aircraft carriers. Meanwhile, almost every single Horde airship that we see has crashed or blown up. As Moon Blade said, the Horde is making strides because they're still catching up.
    After the First World War, the Soviet Union was the fastest growing nation in terms of industry. But because they were one of the weakest nations in terms of industry, the only reason they could grow so much is because they had the most room to grow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I forget if I mentioned it earlier, but before the Heart of Y'Shaarj was revealed as the artifact Garrosh was going to bring back from Pandaira, my prediction was that Garrosh would unearth another Titan Creation Forge, like the one at the end of Mogu'Shan Vaults. Cho mentions that there could be others hidden beneath the surface, but we hadn't seen another at that time (and it turns out we wouldn't see one later either).

I imagined that the Forge would be mismantled and rebuilt in Ragefire, and wind up being powered by raw elemental volcanic flame rather than Titan lightning. Legions of flame-powered giant mogu stone soldiers, under the command of Garrosh's Horde.

The black blood of Y'Shaarj was a really cool power source too, though. I still think a Horde powered by that would have been awesome to see.
    To be honest, the Heart of Y'Shaarj kind of completely undermined the whole 'Y'Shaarj is dead fo'sure' thing Blizzard had been trying to spin. The fact that it talks to you didn't help. Another Titan Forge would have made much more sense. Perhaps a Sha-corrupted one?

Lots of cool ideas here, I know this thread is old but many of the ideas here make me want to discuss it, besides it's never outdated to talk about new technologies and forms of magics for both of the factions and their races since innovation and wars never end.

I would really love to see the Bronzebeard and Dark Iron Dwarves working together to create some really badass technology with the dark iron combining their mastery of magic and elementals with Bronzebeard engineering to create some badass fire powered weapons and tanks. I could see a new Omnitron Defense System or golems similar to them defending Ironforge and the Bronzebeard learning to create their own golems thanks to the Dark Irons.

I like also the idea of new and friendlier Druids of the Flames, not bound to Ragnaros and other malevolent fire elementals but rather to Smolderon and the Cenarion Circle, or to the Red Dragonflight. After all Red Dragons can produce a fire to can also heal and rejuvenate the earth and nature and destroy the Blight and other forms of plagues.

The Alliance isn't allowed to use it's technologies or magic that already exist, so I don't find it likely that new ones will be canonically added. The exception is player only abilities when they bolt on a new allied race or class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Something I could see happening would be poison golems similar to Toxitron from the Omnotron Defense System made by the Dark Irons, with them having the ability to produce poison to attack but also to absord and assimilate poisons and other nocive substances, even the Forsaken Blight with their poison runes making them very dangerous and effective both as a chemical weapon and anti-chemical/biological weapons defense.