Poll: Should Blizzard allow Flex Raids with 8 players

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Flex Raid.. Should the minimum player requirement be lowered to 8-9?

Hello All!
    I didnt see another post like this on MMO and i have been thinking about this for some time now. I just returned to the game recently with a bunch of friends and we are going to be raiding as a 10 man guild. Flex raid is an excellent idea IMO, and i would very much like to take advantage of this consistently with my guild mates. However, as it currently stands, you need a minimum of 10 plays to do a flex raid. As a 10 man guild, i strive to keep 10-12 raiders at most to avoid sitting people and to avoid being short. But, more often than not, we used to end up one man short. We are located on a smaller server with not many people to choose from. So this leads me to my question to you.

Do you think Blizzard should consider allowing the "Flex raid" option to have a minimum of 8 players? (lowered from 10)

EDIT:
    I am amazed at how people are actually reacting negatively. If it should be allowed for 25mans, why not 10? Its not even the same gear as normal.. Flex was designed to allow people to raid whether they had a few people extra, or were a few people short. Mechanics start to break down? thats ridiculous. How so more than if you have 17 people instead of 25 or 8 instead of 10? "Trying to change everything to my needs"? I really dont see how that applies whatsoever, im just asking a logical question, nothing more.
    Last edited by Zeddicious; 2013-09-18 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You only need 7 to enter the instance. So your point is moot. Go out and make more friends. Server population means diddly since you can x-realm it.
    Yes, but this is on Normal difficulty. I am talking specifically for Flex. Also, not many people have a lot of time to consistently look for "friends"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    Yes, but this is on Normal difficulty. I am talking specifically for Flex. Also, not many people have a lot of time to consistently look for "friends"
    That defeats the person of playing a multiplayer game. Even moreso an MMO.

And TheWalkinDude is specifically answering about Flex. You can enter Flex with 7, although bosses will still scale for 10.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

bellow 10 the mechanics break down to badly they cant anticipate having at least 2 tanks and 2 healers

You don't have to consistantly "look" for friends. Don't speak for ppl when you say "not many ppl have time to look.". That's an excuse. 10 is fine.

You can enter a flex raid with 7 players. You said you like to keep a roster of 10-12 players in a 10 man (normal) environment. So if you already have excess, why would you want the bar lowered to 8? The first 4 can easily be done by a 9 man group, maybe even 8 if your players are actual raiders and not the afk, LFR crowd.
    I get what youre saying, but believe it or not, it can be extremely hard filling raids at times. All i am asking in this thread is, should it be an option to scale down to a level for 8 or so players.

Also, i have not yet done Flex yet. So like you guys said, it might be extremely easy to just do it with 8 anyways. But i made the poll to see if it was worthy of becoming "official"

You only need 7 to do flex. Being one man short should let you still kill most bosses.

This is what drives me nuts about a lot of players. If people don't wish to make new "friends" how are new/returning players supposed to find a guild and team to play with. That kind of thinking forces people into LFR where they don't learn proper raid mechanics or how to play their class well. There's no coordination, so the using of cooldowns collectively to maximize DPS never happens. I have nothing against LFR. It's there for the people who need it and enjoy it. But I assume most players eventually would like to at least PuG normal content to really experience the encounters the way they were intended to be defeated. LFR just allows you to really see the content, not participate in it the way the Devs designed it.
    I hear ya, but shouldnt they also be putting the initiative in to finding a guild? Also, when i say a small server, its very dead. There really isnt much to choose from. Too many guilds, not enough players.

Nah, 10 is fine. It's a raid after all, not a dungeon or groupquest.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it should allow under 10 and over 25. There are nights 10-man teams are a person or two short, just as there are nights a 25-man team has to sit some people. I'd have thought 8 to 28 was a good number, but sadly Blizzard disagrees

15+ Year Old Account
    I think 10 is fine. I planned on last saturday. Expected to have 12 join, and became 22 people eventually. We had a blast, even the guildie who had 4 fps the whole time.
    I think you could let it grow it to 40 people or something.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

They should be lowered to 1 player so you don't have to deal with people.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    I think it should allow under 10 and over 25. There are nights 10-man teams are a person or two short, just as there are nights a 25-man team has to sit some people. I'd have thought 8 to 28 was a good number, but sadly Blizzard disagrees
    This exactly how i feel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Flex 40-mans plz.
    seconded .

I get what youre saying, but believe it or not, it can be extremely hard filling raids at times. All i am asking in this thread is, should it be an option to scale down to a level for 8 or so players.
    No it shouldn't be an option. Like someone else has said, mechanics start to break down if you move the numbers too low.

Take it how it is and adapt to it. Stop trying to lobby to get everything changed to suit your needs exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No it shouldn't be an option. Like someone else has said, mechanics start to break down if you move the numbers too low.

Take it how it is and adapt to it. Stop trying to lobby to get everything changed to suit your needs exactly.
    I am amazed at how people are actually reacting negatively. If it should be allowed for 25mans, why not 10? Its not even the same gear as normal.. Flex was designed to allow people to raid whether they had a few people extra, or were a few people short. Mechanics start to break down? thats ridiculous. How so more than if you have 17 people instead of 25 or 8 instead of 10? "Trying to change everything to my needs"? I really dont see how that applies whatsoever, im just asking a logical question, nothing more.