Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Narushen LFR .....

    So this boss turned out to be harder on LFR than flex and normal.

    first of all instead of clicking orbs it sends players randomly to the test thingy.

    Terrible dpsers were being sent to the realm multiple times while the top 3 dps (only dps to break 100k) from the first 2 bosses went the entire time without being sent to the test realm at all.

    We wiped 4 times before I bailed, this fight has way too much RNG on LFR it's terrible.

    I should also mention we hit berserk twice with the boss on sub 20%, something that would not have happened if one of the top 3 dps went to the test thingy and cleansed their corruption o they were able to do more than 50% of their total damn damage.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-09-17 at 10:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome WskyDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    20 Miles to Texas, 25 to Hell
    Posts
    627
    We 3 shot it in my LFR. I do agree though that the system shouldn't send the same person in multiple times without someone else going in.
    It shouldn't matter too much if your top dpsers didn't go in. Make sure they're focusing adds. and it falls no issue. 4 wipes is nothing on the first day of a new LFR wing. you should have more patience.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Nume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Area Tech, Watertown, SD
    Posts
    1,034
    I always hate when they make the mechanics so different between normal and LFR. I would say the key though is definitely to stress that anyone with corruption should be on adds first because it's the equivalent of having a dps buff on boss. I haven't tried it yet, but I would think enrage shouldn't be an issue if people do that.

  4. #4
    It's harder because of people not mechanics. I didn't test LFR in later stages but when I did it was still required to click it

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Spellweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    It's harder because of people not mechanics. I didn't test LFR in later stages but when I did it was still required to click it
    The current live version (as it's available on the US servers) is simply sending random players into the purify realm, nothing to click.

    Annoying, but still not more difficult as flex/normal.

    WoW: Zebrin | TERA: Rintha | GW2: Nezira Cinderclaw

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Weightlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    459
    Why? Just why? Isn't it their intention that a few skilled and geared players (raiders) can carry the rest (the actual target audience of LFR)?

  7. #7
    LFR problems are kind of like First World problems.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome WskyDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    20 Miles to Texas, 25 to Hell
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Why? Just why? Isn't it their intention that a few skilled and geared players (raiders) can carry the rest (the actual target audience of LFR)?
    OH NOES! EVERYONE MIGHT HAVE TO SHARE RESPONSIBILITY! /skyfalling ahhhhhhh

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    So this boss turned out to be harder on LFR than flex and normal.

    first of all instead of clicking orbs it sends players randomly to the test thingy.

    Terrible dpsers were being sent to the realm multiple times while the top 3 dps (only dps to break 100k) from the first 2 bosses went the entire time without being sent to the test realm at all.

    We wiped 4 times before I bailed, this fight has way too much RNG on LFR it's terrible.

    I should also mention we hit berserk twice with the boss on sub 20%, something that would not have happened if one of the top 3 dps went to the test thingy and cleansed their corruption o they were able to do more than 50% of their total damn damage.
    Just give it a week or so and they will nerf it so you can have your free loot. Also, learn how to spell his name, might help in searching for his kill strategy. We queued LFR with 10 guild members, explained it to the rest and one shot it.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    Just give it a week or so and they will nerf it so you can have your free loot. Also, learn how to spell his name, might help in searching for his kill strategy. We queued LFR with 10 guild members, explained it to the rest and one shot it.
    When all else fails.....correct spelling....typos happen

    I don't know how to edit the name of this thread.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-09-18 at 01:49 AM.

  11. #11
    This guy is wrecking us hardcore right now. Up to 4 stacks of determination now :/
    People cant seem to beat the cleanse. it would probably help if they took the damn shield off the adds so as a range I don't have to stand right behind the damn mob.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster catbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    london, england
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    This guy is wrecking us hardcore right now. Up to 4 stacks of determination now :/
    People cant seem to beat the cleanse. it would probably help if they took the damn shield off the adds so as a range I don't have to stand right behind the damn mob.
    if that is an issue, i feel like there is a bigger problem.
    cow goes moo

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    The current live version (as it's available on the US servers) is simply sending random players into the purify realm, nothing to click.

    Annoying, but still not more difficult as flex/normal.
    It is though, because sometimes it sends in the same person multiple times, or never the tank. You get fights where you don't have enough people who passed, so you get the timer.

    It's not exactly harder, but its totally random.

  14. #14
    I just 2 shot it, but the issue is that since people who aren't purified do less damage, if it sends people in multiple times you end up with a few people doing good DPS and a lot doing even worse that normal. My group had 6 people over 60k. Some of the rest might just be bad but some of it that a lot of them have the Corruption debuff.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    So this boss turned out to be harder on LFR than flex and normal.

    first of all instead of clicking orbs it sends players randomly to the test thingy.

    Terrible dpsers were being sent to the realm multiple times while the top 3 dps (only dps to break 100k) from the first 2 bosses went the entire time without being sent to the test realm at all.

    We wiped 4 times before I bailed, this fight has way too much RNG on LFR it's terrible.

    I should also mention we hit berserk twice with the boss on sub 20%, something that would not have happened if one of the top 3 dps went to the test thingy and cleansed their corruption o they were able to do more than 50% of their total damn damage.
    while the random factor is really silly it isnt' slightly hard if people pull their own weight, remember it was said that "real" raiders dont' carry lfr (hahaha)
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  16. #16
    This should be fairly simple to fix. Put a debuff on those who already went in, so they can't go in for again for x minutes. This way you have a better chance of rotating more people in.

    Tho I am in EU and we didn't get LFR yet, I can see how this can could turn into being a problem.

    A bit of bad RNG a couple of mouth-breathers in and you have a wipe.

    Tho quitting after 4, sub 20% wipes is a bit silly to be honest. It is one of the reasons why LFR sucks so much.

    I agree it sucks that you have to hold people's hands, but it is part of the LFR deal. Rage quitting rarely solves the problem, and next time you will just have to run the first 2 again.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-09-18 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  17. #17
    1 shot it in my lfr, actually really easy if the healers are decent. Sha of pride is so faceroll on lfr its disappointing

  18. #18
    Brewmaster Zaxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,482
    So its works like beams on Durumu always on person who dint have a clue what is going one there

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    This should be fairly simple to fix. Put a debuff on those who already went in, so they can't go in for again for x minutes. This way you have a better chance of rotating more people in.

    Tho I am in EU and we didn't get LFR yet, I can see how this can could turn into being a problem.

    A bit of bad RNG a couple of mouth-breathers in and you have a wipe.
    This is probably the best solution. Maybe a couple more people need to go in, but I didn't see the announcements for when people were getting put in so I don't know how many/how often it happens.

    My experience was similar. In three attempts, I didn't get put in at all; inasmuch as I was watching, I didn't see ANYBODY except for a healer lose their debuff. The best players seemed to be a) picking up orbs doing much less damage to the boss and b) not getting called to get purified. We hit the enrage a couple of times. Some players seemed to be picked repeatedly and most never at all.

    Edit: according to blue tracker, the "test room" selection may be bugged in LFR. Makes sense.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2013-09-18 at 10:11 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    I always hate when they make the mechanics so different between normal and LFR.
    yeah they should just tune some numbers and be done with it.... are you serious? no voice, completely gearless random people - hell they would be stupid if they don't change mechanics for that...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •