Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    One shot it even though three out of the five guys doing the most dps weren't tested. Close call, only 4 seconds to the berserk, but still easy as hell.

Deleted
    EU-Server here. Just one-shotted that guy. I guess we were just lucky with porting the good guys to the test-realm^^
    Nonetheless, the automatic-port didn't feel right...just so random. Can really screw you over, when you have a bad lfr-group.

I think the keyboard jockey heroes above who are like "lol LFR" don't really get it.

If the game puts only 5 or 6 people into the other realm over and over, and doesn't spread it out on the raid, what you have is people going as hard as they can and not able to even do 50% of their dps/healing.

If the game doesn't put tanks and healers in, dps has to soak the black orbs (which they usually won't).

Really they should just put the orbs in LFR difficulty. The OP is right - LFR mode is WAY harder than normal/flex, simply because there is an RNG element that is not there in normal/flex or even heroic.

Very poor LFR design for this boss. Very poor. Anyone who thinks this is a player issue frankly does not understand the mechanics, or has not been in LFR to see how completely horrible the LFR mechanics are.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    So this boss turned out to be harder on LFR than flex and normal.

first of all instead of clicking orbs it sends players randomly to the test thingy.

Terrible dpsers were being sent to the realm multiple times while the top 3 dps (only dps to break 100k) from the first 2 bosses went the entire time without being sent to the test realm at all.

We wiped 4 times before I bailed, this fight has way too much RNG on LFR it's terrible.

I should also mention we hit berserk twice with the boss on sub 20%, something that would not have happened if one of the top 3 dps went to the test thingy and cleansed their corruption o they were able to do more than 50% of their total damn damage.
    LFR Narushen is just fine from a scrub infested no effort point of view. We easily one shot him. Tank damage was minimal. No tank swap required. At about 20% hit "enrage" which although a pretty light show did not create significantly, or even noticeably more damage and continued to plug on till he finally died of boredom. I would suggest that the problem was not in the "tuning" of the boss but in the craptastic players that could not pull even average numbers on the prior bosses that were populating your failFR group.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Maybe te "good" DPS should just focus the adds in the normal realm then, doesn't that damage transfer over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Give it a few weeks and when the short timers (people who only show up long enough to see an lfr content and then quit, they dont gear up in lfr until a few weeks before the next content drop happens, dont care about strats or gems/enchants ect.) quit you will be blowing through LFR bosses again. LFR is too hard with tons of short timers in there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellhammer View Post
    yeah they should just tune some numbers and be done with it.... are you serious? no voice, completely gearless random people - hell they would be stupid if they don't change mechanics for that...
    I don't mind if they remove mechanics, but I just don't like it when the mechanics are changed so much the normal method is actually wrong to do the fight (eg durumu). If they just tuned the numbers down on Norushen, so it wasn't mandatory for people to go in, but easier if a few did, it would be fine for lfr without changing the mechanic.

Deleted
    there is no boss called "narushen" . what it comes to norushen lfr just did it on 2 chars one shot on both no problems with the random tests what so ever
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-09-18 at 12:36 PM.

My whole first SoO LFR went off without a hitch. Insta DPS queue 5 minutes after servers up (hit Garnia first, then switched). I died to Fallen Protectors 900K hit of some shit. Otherwise, everything was "smooth". I got sent into a portal on Norushen twice, first time I nuked the add and the other 3 adds were 100% protected, all deflection, no way in on them, so I just sat there the rest of the timer. The second time, nuked the first again and it phased out immediately to the boss. I reported it, just in case.

I hope today on my main it goes just as smoothly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My whole first SoO LFR went off without a hitch. Insta DPS queue 5 minutes after servers up (hit Garnia first, then switched). I died to Fallen Protectors 900K hit of some shit. Otherwise, everything was "smooth". I got sent into a portal on Norushen twice, first time I nuked the add and the other 3 adds were 100% protected, all deflection, no way in on them, so I just sat there the rest of the timer. The second time, nuked the first again and it phased out immediately to the boss. I reported it, just in case.

I hope today on my main it goes just as smoothly.
    the small adds have deflect from front u can hit them just fine from the back

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    So this boss turned out to be harder on LFR than flex and normal.

first of all instead of clicking orbs it sends players randomly to the test thingy.

Terrible dpsers were being sent to the realm multiple times while the top 3 dps (only dps to break 100k) from the first 2 bosses went the entire time without being sent to the test realm at all.

We wiped 4 times before I bailed, this fight has way too much RNG on LFR it's terrible.

I should also mention we hit berserk twice with the boss on sub 20%, something that would not have happened if one of the top 3 dps went to the test thingy and cleansed their corruption o they were able to do more than 50% of their total damn damage.
    Ran first wing once. only wipe was on sha of pride with purple sticky punch wiping half the group. maybe you just had bad groups?

Huh. I guess AFK'ers will rage about this one. Or not, because they don't care either way I guess.

It should stay just as it is, really.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Maybe te "good" DPS should just focus the adds in the normal realm then, doesn't that damage transfer over?
    and we have a winner
    given that is always drags down 3 or was it 4 dps there is always plenty of adds to kill and like said, the dmg is transferred

the only annoying thing was
    *gets out, 0 corruption*
    "aww yes lets blow some CDs"
    *you will be banished in Xs*
    "motherfucker"

^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhammer View Post
    yeah they should just tune some numbers and be done with it.... are you serious? no voice, completely gearless random people - hell they would be stupid if they don't change mechanics for that...
    It depends on what they change. Some mechanics need to be changed by virtue of LFR being LFR (see: Zon'ozz in DS - the ball automatically hit him at 10 stacks in LFR), but some mechanics should stay the same to properly demonstrate them (e.g. Force of Will on Durumu or Fusion Slash on Lei Shen; the very first time I saw Fusion Slash I didn't realize it knocked you back a huge distance because on LFR it just knocked you back a tiny bit) so you become aware of it.

They certainly had in mind keeping the golden orbs for LFR, but then on PTR testing nobody clicked at them.

Typical LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    I think the keyboard jockey heroes above who are like "lol LFR" don't really get it.

If the game puts only 5 or 6 people into the other realm over and over, and doesn't spread it out on the raid, what you have is people going as hard as they can and not able to even do 50% of their dps/healing.

If the game doesn't put tanks and healers in, dps has to soak the black orbs (which they usually won't).

Though i refuse to even bother with lfr, considering the heal/dps/tank test on lfr, i mean it's already a joke on normal, so regardless of how random it is, it should be cake, i know probably 90% of lfr players are terrible but it's really not that hard to grasp. Most raiders wont do lfr this tier cause no one needs any 528 gear, i mean even my alt is 540 why would anyone who raids heroic even need to do lfr? GL when harder bosses release!

Really they should just put the orbs in LFR difficulty. The OP is right - LFR mode is WAY harder than normal/flex, simply because there is an RNG element that is not there in normal/flex or even heroic.

Very poor LFR design for this boss. Very poor. Anyone who thinks this is a player issue frankly does not understand the mechanics, or has not been in LFR to see how completely horrible the LFR mechanics are.
    Though i refuse to even bother with lfr, considering the heal/dps/tank test on lfr, i mean it's already a joke on normal, so regardless of how random it is, it should be cake, i know probably 90% of lfr players are terrible but it's really not that hard to grasp. Most raiders wont do lfr this tier cause no one needs any 528 gear, i mean even my alt is 540 why would anyone who raids heroic even need to do lfr? GL when harder bosses release!

What they should do is lower the amount of purifying light that spawns, but do it so that some people get purified at random and some people can actively purify themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, what they SHOULD do is wait it out so people stop crying about new mechanics - especially in LFR, where it has been dumbed down pretty steep.

There's nothing wrong with the encounter. Votekick people if they keep fucking it up.

I had to stop raiding after t15 for work, so I haven't done flex or normal yet, but LFR seemed pretty easy to me. We two shot it, which doesn't seem bad for a group immediately after servers coming up, and the first time most of us had seen the fights. In fact, we wiped more to protectors. /shrug...they will likely make some changes as there seem to be a lot of people having problems.

Just yell spam, "DPS ADDS" every time the adds are up. One shot it.