Thread: Tanks in PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by brutallord View Post
    to kill a tank is easier than to kill a healer though
    Not a blood DK. Tanks also in general take WAY less damage than healers due to passives. Blood presence reduces damage taken + death strike healing and absorbs. Prot paladins take 10-15% less damage because of a passive + insane armor AND a lot of block, prot warriors take 25% less damage + armor and block, guardian druids take like idk how much less damage, but they have a SHITTON of armor, BrM monks passively take reduced damage because of stagger, but are in general -somewhat- easier to kill IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Not a blood DK. Tanks also in general take WAY less damage than healers due to passives. Blood presence reduces damage taken + death strike healing and absorbs. Prot paladins take 10-15% less damage because of a passive + insane armor AND a lot of block, prot warriors take 25% less damage + armor and block, guardian druids take like idk how much less damage, but they have a SHITTON of armor, BrM monks passively take reduced damage because of stagger, but are in general -somewhat- easier to kill IMO.
    Again you just made a post saying you don't know what to do in arenas. I would hate for you to give people advice that is just flat out wrong.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to ask for help stating you have no idea what you are doing, and saying how you rage quit games and then go around offering advise like you know what you are talking about.

I play a blood dk, and I can tell you - Yes, they have absurd survivability in PvP. Their damage is maybe 75% of a DPS spec. Man, you give me 3 opposing dps players and I will smash them into the ground. Throw a healer in there, not so much. However, to kill a blood DK you must do 1 of two things:

1. Do so much damage that you out damage his healing. Not going to happen with less than multiple people.
    2. Prevent him from healing. Viable ways of doing this are: Disarming (Prevents a lot of healing because he can't Death Strike). Silencing (Prevents all healing cooldowns via Vampiric Blood, Rune Tap, Death Pact, Conversion, Empower Rune Weapon). Kiting (Prevents Death Strikes so he can't heal). Stunning (Can't do anything, duh).

As a Ret Paladin on your own, you should honestly just give up unless the blood dk is both stupid and undergeared, because you won't win unfortunately. Bring some friends or ignore the DK. The control a DK brings is limited entirely to his talents - A choice between a slow via Frost Fever + Roots on Chains of ice, or reducing the cooldown of our one minute silence to 30 seconds and turning it into a stun, as well as a choice between mass death grip, mass 5 second build up stun, or extra pvp trinket zone. Plus Death Grip. A blood DK does not have enough CC to bother killing either, so just CC them if you really care that much, or don't hit them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I have a SS saved somewhere of a blood DK in EoTS with 19 KBs, 15 mill damage, and 5 mill healing. No idea how they do it.
    They do it because there was melee dumb enough to engage them. When I see a tank on my melee chars I avoid at all cost and let range deal with them especially Blood DKs as they are really easy to kite. On my Hunter vs Tanks I put my pet on passive and kite them into Oblivion. Tanks shouldn't be in PvP because they break the game.