1. #1

    5.4 BM, when do you spec crit > haste?

    So as a pre-cloak, 534i BM specced haste, 5.4 added about 5k dps overnight to me.

    I've simmed several rounds of stat weights, and Crit just isn't coming up tops. Is this something that isn't reflected in Sims?

  2. #2
    Not really, it was just assumed that haste will be vastly devalued with the rppm changes. Though it is true that it is not as good as it used to be, it is still better than crit and mastery for BM. For myself (550BM) they are actually really close in value so its more of a play style choice for me, and I happen to like shorter cobra shots.

  3. #3
    I'm Going for Crit to have the ability so play solid SV with out regemming(555 BM) and the difference is rly Close(about 2k) between haste and crit.
    Last edited by Redanqt; 2013-09-19 at 10:48 AM.

  4. #4
    I've moved up to 544i with 2pc and AoC trink now. Shorter cobras is still really nice. I have no real desire to play SV either.

    I did a huge reforge plot in SimC, and stuff only moved 1-2k dps, which isn't going to make or break my performance. I think the whole managing Springs and BW now that they are unlinked is more of the issue. RF+Stampede isn't too bad, because you RF every 1.10 or so.

  5. #5
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    28
    I'm going crit>haste ATM cause' they increased the dmg output on Kill Command. 'Cause of that Critical Kill commands hits like a truck ( seen a 1,1m KC with everything perfectly procced ).

  6. #6
    It's so close for BM that you can just go by personal preference.

    If you swap to SV for some fights, go crit. BM full time? Do what you want...

  7. #7
    Field Marshal Dragzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadmio View Post
    I'm going crit>haste ATM cause' they increased the dmg output on Kill Command. 'Cause of that Critical Kill commands hits like a truck ( seen a 1,1m KC with everything perfectly procced ).
    oh wow nice my highest last night was 680k i was stunned i never get that high on kc

    - - - Updated - - -

    yeah whenever i try to use wow reforge it keeps changing things to crit instead of haste yet on FD its a lose like ppl are saying very annoying

  8. #8
    The Patient Relis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oh so sunny Highlands of Scotland!
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Redanqt View Post
    I'm Going for Crit to have the ability so play solid SV with out regemming(555 BM) and the difference is rly Close(about 2k) between haste and crit.
    Same here pretty much ^^

  9. #9
    Crit > Haste > Mastery for the short and sweet answer anyone who says otherwise now that the patch is out doesn't know what they are talking about. In the future any questions about gearing or specs you can usually Armory Devai (Paragon) or Rogerbrown (Method) to see what they are doing and go off of that.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambithepatient View Post
    Crit > Haste > Mastery for the short and sweet answer anyone who says otherwise now that the patch is out doesn't know what they are talking about. In the future any questions about gearing or specs you can usually Armory Devai (Paragon) or Rogerbrown (Method) to see what they are doing and go off of that.
    So if Devai put a dildo in his ass do the same..... Go haste > All if you play BM. Imo is still the best spec with amassing burst

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadmio View Post
    I'm going crit>haste ATM cause' they increased the dmg output on Kill Command. 'Cause of that Critical Kill commands hits like a truck ( seen a 1,1m KC with everything perfectly procced ).
    Got a log for that? Cause i really doubt a 1.1 million KC is possible without somekind of gimmick on the fight.

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    415
    My current stat weights for a BM spec with TotH + BS setup, with 4pc. All of my other BM spec combinations report (relatively) the same weights.



    TBH, if you are REALLY worried about having the right reforges, then your best bet is to spend some time figuring out how to use Simc to generate your own weights as they tend to differ a lot based on spec and gear.

    I do find it funny that everyone says Haste is the best, and yet my results are polar opposite :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    Got a log for that? Cause i really doubt a 1.1 million KC is possible without somekind of gimmick on the fight.
    I could see a KC hitting that hard with an Ebon Detonator + other static Agi procs up, with a pot, with BW. Not something that would happen every other KC, but possible for sure.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-09-30 at 03:50 PM.

  13. #13
    You got these stat weights with your current set up conjor 13.8k crit 7.8k haste 8.9k mastery ? Or your previous crit > haste > mastery set up and then you switched based on those stat weights ? If it was with the previous set up then it makes sense.. If it was with your current set up, then color me intrigued.

    Cuz crit is strong either way.. it will always be strong.. the lower your haste, the higher it's value.. the lower your mastery, the higher it's value.. You're not alone in those stat weights btw.. pretty much 100% of the people that ran simc with t15h bis haste > crit > mast set ups, got similar results.. they actually had mastery as the highest, even more than crit cuz everyone had so little of it. All that just shows that our stats synergize quite well with each other..
    Last edited by Saoron; 2013-09-30 at 04:25 PM.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    You got these stat weights with your current set up conjor 13.8k crit 7.8k haste 8.9k mastery ? Or your previous crit > haste > mastery set up and then you switched based on those stat weights ? If it was with the previous set up then it makes sense.. If it was with your current set up, then color me intrigued.

    Cuz crit is strong either way.. it will always be strong.. the lower your haste, the higher it's value.. the lower your mastery, the higher it's value.. You're not alone in those stat weights btw.. pretty much 100% of the people that ran simc with t15h bis haste > crit > mast set ups, got similar results.. they actually had mastery as the highest, even more than crit cuz everyone had so little of it. All that just shows that our stats synergize quite well with each other..
    Each spec is using an optimized reforge for my gear. They do not use my current armory state. MM wouldn't even be close to that level with a Crit > Mastery > Haste reforge that I am currently using.

    P.S. stop armory stalking me :O

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Each spec is using an optimized reforge for my gear. They do not use my current armory state. MM wouldn't even be close to that level with a Crit > Mastery > Haste reforge that I am currently using.

    P.S. stop armory stalking me :O
    How is clicking your signature stalking lol..

  16. #16
    The Patient Alvarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    281
    Id say go Crit > Haste > Mastery no matter what in 5.4, but i have been hearing that maybe it will change to Crit > Mastery > Haste near full BiS? Anyone else heard similar?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •