Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Your cell phone is probably about 4"x2"x1/2" That's quite a bit different than 4"x4"x4" and all the room in the phone isn't dedicated to video game performance.
    I really want to see this things opened up to get a peek inside. You are correct that the measurement comparison was off in my statement, I apologize for that. I remain skeptical for the time being. I really gotta see it to believe it. I know bigger doesn't mean better, but 4x4x4 is still pretty small.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Man its about time we get some more info on this Steambox. One of my biggest concerns is the price range of the console. That and if its upgradable when it comes to hardware (being the size I see on the forums I'm guessing not). Another issue is the lack of split-screen support for most games (unless someone can enlighten me).

It will be awesome though to play my existing library of steam games on the big screen. Console owners might also be intrigued on the discount perks of steam sales (on top of being tax free in most areas), cloud services, and the PC exclusives. Honestly can't wait to see what will be revealed.

The funny thing is this might not even be anything close to the Steambox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Another issue is the lack of split-screen support for most games (unless someone can enlighten me).
    This has been my gripe with PC gaming since I was introduced to it in 94'

I play split screen more often than I play online. I love having a buddy right next to me when we play a game. I know this is the internet age and virtual friends are are quite common, but there is still a disconnect when I can't elbow my friend sitting next to me to try and make him spin out in a racing game. lol. (j/k, i'm not a sore loser like that. Just needed the example of having a tangible friend in the room)
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My laptop cost $500 and plays games quite well. But I was more replying to the comments that it aimed at people who don't have a PC that they can hook up to a TV or a PC that they can bring with them where ever they go. That is what a Laptop is for.

I really can't imagine that a steambox that can run games on Ultra costing $500 or less. Especially in a 4" box.
    you do know the xi3 piston isnt the steam box dont you.. hell even steam box isnt even an official name.

If they can release a console that is similar in strength to the PS4/X1 AND at a similar price point ($500ish) running Linux, they should pose a tough threat to them no doubt. I'd quite likely pick one up

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    If they can release a console that is similar in strength to the PS4/X1 AND at a similar price point ($500ish) running Linux, they should pose a tough threat to them no doubt. I'd quite likely pick one up
    Also hoping they can allow the 360 (or XB1) controller to be hooked up via usb adapter I have, or they develop a controller that is equally comfortable. The more customizable the steambox is the better IMO.

Deleted
    I might buy it, but I'm actually waiting to see how good it works and such.