Deleted

Dark Shaman 10man normal

Hey again! guys. I just noticed i make a thread for every little question i may have :P. Hopefully these kind of threads may provide info for others guilds aswell. Better to be answered before creating another thread huh?

Okay so my question is regarding the Ashen Wall mechanic in the Dark Shamans encounter. There were many times that the wall spawned in such a bad manner that 2-3 ranged just went through too fast and got nuked. I guess RNG involved here, if unlucky you are fucked but is there a way to manipulate it? Specifically, can the tank like watch out for the timer of ashen wall and position the boss in a way that the wall will spawn in a position that wont affect us too much? Does the wall imitate the boss's positioning/facing?

Also tips/feedback how to deal with the foul stream/geyser is welcome :P. If something is challenging in this fight is dealing with these 2. Would really love to know how other guilds deal with it

Thanks

Deleted
    Are you guys moving as a group and the bosses are just being dragged around the space in a big circle? On our kill I don't recall anyone ever having to deal with the ashen wall. If you do have to deal with it, walk AROUND it, not through it. Those things melee for quite a bit - if necessary pop a relatively large CD and go through it if you hanging around behind the wall until it despawns is going to mean death.

People targeted by the foul stream ability just have to move to either the left or the right so that the line when it spawns doesn't hit anyone around you. Try not to be all spread out for this reason. If you're clustered together and the person with the foul stream moves to the side then nobody should get hit (melee might though, so have them keep an eye out for it coming in so they can move out - not a massively friendly encounter to melee!)

Geyser, I know they can't be effectively tanked as they do very high damage in a 3 yrd radius around them. Brewmasters would probably be effective at tanking them though with their keg throw thing. But yeah, you just have to kite the adds and have ranged AOE them down ASAP. Their health pool is pretty low so it shouldn't be a problem for your DPS. Just make sure melee don't go near them at all - or anyone for that matter, but yeah, a ranged DPS job. They can be stunned/slowed/rooted as well if that helps.

Deleted
    The wall can be placed in a controlled way, yes.

Assuming the tank if facing the boss, the wall will "come out of his shoulders", to the right and left of the tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    The wall can be placed in a controlled way, yes.

Assuming the tank if facing the boss, the wall will "come out of his shoulders", to the right and left of the tank.
    Thanks mate you answered exactly what i asked