View Poll Results: Who do you support in the Cyprus dispute?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • I support the Turkish people.

3 11.54%
  • I support the Greek settlers.

23 88.46%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who do you support in the Cyprus dispute?

Who do you support in the Cyprus dispute? I support the Turkish people.

I'm not educated on this subject so I won't vote.

Although it would be nice if you're going to make a thread you could give a little background.

Greek settlers? Are you serious? The turks are the ones illegally occupying that island. They need to get out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_dispute
    Never heard about it, and I'm curious why this thread was posted as I'm unsure if this is a relevant conflict like Syria.

15+ Year Old Account
    greek side, as i´ve been there a couple of times
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'm gonna have to go with Cybran on this one. If the Turks are there illegally then they need to leave the island to the people of Greece.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    Who do you support in the Cyprus dispute? I support the Turkish people.
    Greece. The turks are the ones that are the "settlers". That you wrote otherwise implies a bit of bias on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't live there, and even the more violent local disputes don't appear to export violence or even encourage international lawbreaking (beyond somewhat lax finacial regulation, and they are hardly alone in that), so I support letting both the Greeks and the Turks work it out themselves, hopefully peacefully. I have sympathy for all those displaced during the fighting back in the 70s. I also don't think it would hurt to see the Brits give their chunks of Cyprus back to the Cypriots, perhaps as part of an overall negotiated solution.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Greek settlers? Are you serious? The turks are the ones illegally occupying that island. They need to get out.
    Why don't you read a map? How can anyone support the Greek settler extremists after they tried to commit genocide on the Turkish people? By the way out of curiosity are you a Golden Dawn member?

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_dispute
    Never heard about it, and I'm curious why this thread was posted as I'm unsure if this is a relevant conflict like Syria.
    Relevancy is relevant (god i sound like a dork). What isn't relevant to you may be to someone else.

This is pretty new information to me, but it sounds like the Turks aren't supposed to be there, so I have to side with Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Greece. The turks are the ones that are the "settlers". That you wrote otherwise implies a bit of bias on the matter.
    You have to stop reading Golden Dawn history revionism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Relevancy is relevant (god i sound like a dork). What isn't relevant to you may be to someone else.

This is pretty new information to me, but it sounds like the Turks aren't supposed to be there, so I have to side with Greece.
    Anyone can edit a wikipedia page. I am guessing a Golden Dawn member created that page.

I am not nearly drunk enough to put up with this bullshit.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    You have to stop reading Golden Dawn history revionism.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone can edit a wikipedia page. I am guessing a Golden Dawn member created that page.
    Please, don't Godwin us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I am not nearly drunk enough to put up with this bullshit.
    *Hands a beer spiked with vodka*

I'm aware, which is why I specifically used the verb "sound"; I don't have enough information to be able to be sure of anything. I'll have to look up some other sources before I'm able to establish a better opinion.

The Greeks settled it back in the Bronze Age.

It was passed amongst the hands of many empires over the many millenniums after that.

The Turks arrived much later, when the Ottoman Empire had taken the island.

You can dismiss that all you want, but you'll remain ever wrong.

What's "Golden Dawn"? I know Turks came to kick Byzantene Empire's ass in 10th or 11th century AD, and took all what used to be Greek. Why are you calling the indigenous peoples "settlers"?
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    What's "Golden Dawn"? I know Turks came to kick Byzantene Empire's ass in 10th or 11th century AD, and took all what used to be Greek. Why are you calling the indigenous peoples "settlers"?
    Because kidkilla hates anyone who isn't a Muslim.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    The Greeks settled it back in the Bronze Age.

It was passed amongst the hands of many empires over the many millenniums after that.

The Turks arrived much later, when the Ottoman Empire had taken the island.

You can dismiss that all you want, but you'll remain ever wrong.
    Sorry but I do not use propaganda especially the ones made by Golden Dawn to make my opinions. The Turkish people own Cyprus when they discovered it during the times of the Ottoman empire. Cyprus only became owned by Greeks(first British then Greeks) after World War 1.

Deleted
    Golden Down is the neonazi ultranationalist Greek party that is experiencing a large growth thanks to the extreme situation Greece is going through.

Basically, he's saying: "The nazis think this. Why do you think this too? are you a nazi?"

Because I do not read history revisionism by the Golden Dawn.