Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Deterrence Macro

Anyone have a working deterrence macro so that when you hit it the first time it casts it, then the second time it cancels, and the third it casts your second charge, and 4th it cancels again? Been trying but each attempt spamming it twice causes it to cast twice.

i don't have a macro like that, but i have my cancel deterrence macro'd into my kill shot. could canceling deterrence with something like that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i don't have a macro like that, but i have my cancel deterrence macro'd into my kill shot. could canceling deterrence with something like that work for you?
    thank you nolliepop

Deleted
    just have cancel aura on a kill shot macro

I'm using this atm.

#showtooltip deterrence
    /castsequence reset=5 Deterrence, null
    /cancelaura Deterrence

This is what I'm using, obviously it uses one charge, cancels it, and will only cast Det again if clicked again. It does not use the second charge as soon as the first disappears/in the same click.

/cast Deterrence
    /cancelaura Deterrence

Deleted
    Macro "/cancelaura Deterrence" to all your attacks. If you want to cancel the detterence you just start attacking with your shots.

Making a seperate keybind for it is pointless and binding it to detterence has a chance for stuff to fail.

don't know if this is what you are looking for.
    Pre 5.4 i used your macro.

I changed it to this:

#showtooltip Deterrence
    /!stopcasting
    /!stopcasting
    /!stopcasting
    /cancelaura [mod:shift] deterrence
    /cancelaura [mod:shift] Hand of Protection
    /cancelaura [mod:shift] Blessing of Protection

In this new macro you have the advantage that you can spam ur deterrence macro. It wont be activated twice in a row and it wont be cancelled if you wrongly click it to times
    Use shiftklick to cancel deterrence ( and other auras).

I also tested the method to bind "/cancelaura Deterrence" to all my attacks as Jubb already posted but for me that felt very strange.
    Last edited by Movemnt; 2013-09-12 at 01:59 PM.

If you want to perform well, don't have /cast Deterrance and /cancelaura in same button press...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you want to perform well, don't have /cast Deterrance and /cancelaura in same button press...
    I tried using it on my mousewheel.... didn't work out so well. I changed it into my Kill Shot macro.

How do I add a modifier to the castsequence?

/castsequence reset=5 [mod] Deterrence, null

?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This. A lot of the time you will be spamming your deterrence key to get it off in time and with the /cancelaura macrod into there you risk losing your deterrence or not casting it at all out of fear of losing your deterrence. Even more so with 2 charges. It is clunky to have it like that in my opinion.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    This. A lot of the time you will be spamming your deterrence key to get it off in time and with the /cancelaura macrod into there you risk losing your deterrence or not casting it at all out of fear of losing your deterrence. Even more so with 2 charges. It is clunky to have it like that in my opinion.
    i dont know if you want to spam it nomore, i know they add a cd to it but dont know how long is, u can also doublé deter if you mash with the que thing

I agree with tehstool you need to use a seperate button to clear detterance now more than before. I would also consider putting HoP and levitate in there as well.

/cancelaura Deterrence
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection

is what i currently have.

before I had:

/cancelaura Deterrence
    /cast Deterrence

now:

/cancelaura Deterrence
    /cast KillShot

I'd got used to have it all on the same button, a mouse one, but Killshot (or any shot) will take at most a few days to become natural.

This is the universal "Cancel" macro I have:

Code:
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cancelaura Goblin Glider
    /cancelaura Parachute
    /cancelaura Levitate
    /cancelaura Slow Fall
    /cancelaura Misdirection
    /dismount
    /script VehicleExit();
    Use it on all of my alts on the same keybind, works wonders.

I just use a modifier...
    Code:
    #show
    /cast [nomod] Deterrence
    /cancelaura [mod] Deterrence

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    i dont know if you want to spam it nomore, i know they add a cd to it but dont know how long is, u can also doublé deter if you mash with the que thing
    I believe this macro fixes the concern with the double charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    How do I add a modifier to the castsequence?

/castsequence reset=5 [mod] Deterrence, null

?
    Can you go into more detail please? What are you trying to do?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

Can you go into more detail please? What are you trying to do?
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Disengage
    /cast [mod] Deterrence

Trying to keep that the same.

The reset condition is part of the ability sequence list, so the conditionals must come first, like:

/castsequence [mod:alt] reset=5 Deterrence, Null; Disengage

(Notice that you can use ";" to separate sequences, so Disengage is one-skill sequence that will be triggered if ALT is not pressed. It could be a sequence with more than one skill if you wish)

Also, as a tip, this macro:

/cast [nomod] Disengage
    /cast [mod] Deterrence

Can be written as:

/cast [nomod] Disengage; Deterrence

or as

/cast [mod] Deterrence; Disengage