Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glyph of rapid displacement

Anyone using this for arcane or any of the specs. If so what other glyphs are you using. I can see where it could be very helpful in raids. it could be a safety for when the blink doesn't actually blink anywhere. But not sure what other glyphs to take out. What arcane glyphs are everyone running and is rapid displacement one of them?

Deleted
    i would say AE / CoC / RapidDisplacement

AP is not mandatory at all

If I actually PLAYED Arcane, I'd probably do CoC, RD, and Evo or AE. The amount of AoE in this raid is ridiculous, so CoC glyph is pretty much mandatory now. Evo glyph is really good for Rune of Power, so depending on the fight, I'd take it or AE.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently using RD, Evo, and AP. Like AP as it matches with my Troll Beserking, and can just macro it for one less CD. Might consider switching one out for AE though because AE is pretty tops.

Deleted
    [Fire] Used it yesterday for Thok. Really good for kiting. Normally I use Evo, Comb, X (X - depends on boss, e.g. CoC for Sha etc.)

I love Rapid Displacement especially in Raid and outside on the Isle. Getting out shit wiht two blinks is Fucking awesome. Then on top of that with Blazing speed OH Lord talk about Distant's. That's 40 yards Easily. I'd say for me as Frost. It's RD, COC and EVO or AE depending on Situation really.

I actually do enjoy Rapid Displacement myself (really glad they changed the previous, 25s version >_>), but sadly, as Frost, I have too many glyphs to already choose from: Splitting Ice, IV, Welly and CoC No room for RD, and before you tell me "Polar/Pew, you don't need CoC/SI for ST fights!" then let me just tell you that I'm lazy as fuck and don't have time to remember to swap talents and glyphs XD
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by polarthief View Post
    and before you tell me "polar/pew, you don't need coc/si for st fights!" then let me just tell you that i'm lazy as fuck and don't have time to remember to swap talents and glyphs xd
    lol hahaha xd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    lol hahaha xd
    True. And I always get lua-errors when I try to change a glyph or talent forcing me to /reload or even relog multiple times to fix it. No time for that :P

Deleted
    I feel that RD glyph is pretty much mandatory for Arcane, if not all mage specs to some extent. That extra blink is huge.

Deleted
    Double blink is amazing, I have it glyphed for arcane and fire.

Deleted
    Yeah RD is IMBA as shit in pve.. So far on all fights i have had RD+mana gem, and then for the 3rd slot i have changed around depending on fight using counterspell/AE/Blink(+range)/slow/CoC/Evo

It's only good if you HAVE to move as much as it takes you.. Blink still takes a GCD, and for optimized DPS it is almost never good. That said, it is quite fun, shame that on some fight's it just doesn't have room in my slots as Arcane.

I have RD and Glyph of Blink always and swap the third between Evo and AE depending on the fight. Double blink with 8 extra yards on each coupled with blazing speed is incredible mobility and makes repositioning of runes super fast and easy.

Not sure if it is a bug with the glyph or just a blink bug in general, but on Norushen heroic I would try to blink across the beam and I wouldn't move anywere. ( Would just flash in place ) But when I unglyphed it, never had the issue happen again. Was strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Amatarasu View Post
    I feel that RD glyph is pretty much mandatory for Arcane, if not all mage specs to some extent. That extra blink is huge.
    It's nice, but I CAN'T lose a glyph slot as Frost. We have too many mandatory ones :\

Fire/Arcane though barely have any mandatory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Not sure if it is a bug with the glyph or just a blink bug in general, but on Norushen heroic I would try to blink across the beam and I wouldn't move anywere. ( Would just flash in place ) But when I unglyphed it, never had the issue happen again. Was strange...
    Read the tool tip of the glyph...

I tried it but do not like it. It is a Huge dps loss to use it in raid as it has a gcd and it only helps you if you want to get out of combat while running around on the island. If one blink is not enough for you in raid then your positioning is bad imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I tried it but do not like it. It is a Huge dps loss to use it in raid as it has a gcd and it only helps you if you want to get out of combat while running around on the island. If one blink is not enough for you in raid then your positioning is bad imo.
    Isn't that the same as saying "if you have to use a warlock portal, your positioning is bad imo"? There are plenty of fights in this tier where you have heavy movement or need to travel large distances quickly (easy examples, Thok, Garrosh). I don't use blink on CD, but when I do need to use it, it's definitely a plus to have two blinks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by katmage View Post
    Isn't that the same as saying "if you have to use a warlock portal, your positioning is bad imo"? There are plenty of fights in this tier where you have heavy movement or need to travel large distances quickly (easy examples, Thok, Garrosh). I don't use blink on CD, but when I do need to use it, it's definitely a plus to have two blinks in a row.
    Yes, but those are unique cases most of the time, not every encounter in the instance. As is for max dps, it is not much use, as there ain't really any mechanics that need 2 blinks in 15 seconds. There can't really as this ability is unique to mages. As you said the only real use for it is that it shortens travel time large distances. If I think back to all raid pre 5.4(havent raided 5.4) there are 3 bosses that I think I could even use this glyph, and those are Bladelord, Megaera and Lei'shen. And even then they would have been really situational uses inside those fights, granted as fire you really don't have to be picky on glyphs, cause there aren't any good ones aside from combustion.