Poll: Is WoW graphic too cartoony?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    The style is fine. Yet, some items/models are far too pixelated to not facepalm at.
    give me an example

Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    give me an example
    Well, there's the Prairie Dog...

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    wouldn't change the world at all, visually it's still stunning....however, about that character remodel....

It's not cartoonish, but more on the edge, but this style is what the game gave it's charm, it's character. Things still look very serious.

What a ridiculous topic

No seriously, what if the answer was yes? What would you expect them to do about it?
    Can you imagine how much they'd have to change? How much stuff there is in this game? They can't remake the entire graphical style, that hasn't been an option since Vanilla's Alpha

Deleted
    The graphics have always been this sort of style in Warcraft. I like it.

In the choice between graphics and gameplay I'd choose gameplay. Making the graphics too intense would just overload the clients even more when people group in raids and BGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Sometimes I would like to see a more realistic style in WoW. I mean... just look at goblin architecture, the steampunk is ok, lovely, but I think it looks too childy.

Mainly during Cataclysm, many models that have been created appear "over-cartoony", a bit pathetic. It is mainly about guns and architecture.

Do you think that WoW should have a more realistic graphic?

WoW:s cartoony style is one of it's major strengths and one huge reason to why it doesn't look more outdated than it does currently. Wtlk areas and places like Wyrmrest Temple as well as Ulduar still holds up very well. So does many older areas as well. A more realistic look tends to get plastic and outdated extremly quickly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hate realistic artstyles, so no thank you.

Deleted
    I like the balance in wow's graphics as it isn't clear cut cartoony. I do think they pushed it a bit too far over the cartoony side in cata and now mop, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Sometimes I would like to see a more realistic style in WoW. I mean... just look at goblin architecture, the steampunk is ok, lovely, but I think it looks too childy.

Mainly during Cataclysm, many models that have been created appear "over-cartoony", a bit pathetic. It is mainly about guns and architecture.

Do you think that WoW should have a more realistic graphic?
    WOW's cartoonish art style is actually what is making the warcraft franchise since the original feels timeless. And we all know realistic games MMOS like CONANLOL are successful amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigowatt View Post
    It wouldn't be a Warcraft game if it wasn't in it's current art-style.
    This right here...Also i feel people are to obsessed with realism and can't just have fun as we used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    My biggest pet peeve is the old frog pet model... The new one is awesome though

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    What a ridiculous topic

No seriously, what if the answer was yes?
    It doesn't matter if the answer is yes or no. This style is Blizzards style. This style is what the game gives character.

Cartoony? Yes, and I -LOVE- that.

However, the poly count is a bit too low <.<
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."