Deleted

[Addon] Alternative to Gladius, similar to Elv Ui Arena/BG Frames

Hi there, I've tried looking around myself, and cannot find a solution.

My problem is that after being accustomed to Elv Ui and the arena / BG frames built into the UI, I am struggling to find an addon that does something similar, now that I am no longer using Elv Ui.

I used to used Gladius prior to using Elv Ui, but remember that it was very problematic for me (in terms of showing up when I didn't want it to and having to tinker with it a lot)

I have looked at Sync frames and sArena, but I don't like the look of either of them, though they do provide the functionality I am looking for.

If anyone has something better and can share their knowledge, I would greatly appreciate it!

The default UI has arena frames built in, you can use scripts or addons to move them. There's also http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battlegroundtargets which might work for what you need, and you could see if Gladius has fixed the issues you had since you used it last.

Deleted
    I use Battleground Targets atm, but what it doesn't do that Elv UI did is, for example, in WSG/Tp/Kotmogu, as well as displaying enemy objective holders, it also displays teammates who are holding flags/orbs.

Deleted
    Imo the blizzard default is enough u jus need to set macros for target arena 123 and set focus 123

Reason im recomending not using any fancy arena add ons is
    Its basicly distracting ure game awareness alot and makes u play worse
    Like if u get a tune to play Arenas u kinda know when trinkets and bubble is back up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    Imo the blizzard default is enough u jus need to set macros for target arena 123 and set focus 123

Reason im recomending not using any fancy arena add ons is
    Its basicly distracting ure game awareness alot and makes u play worse
    Like if u get a tune to play Arenas u kinda know when trinkets and bubble is back up
    "I'd rather use a crutch than jump on one leg claiming I'm capable."
    I get so tired of people claiming people using addons are bad/become bad/become less aware. If they make you play better then go ahead, why would you go the long run and struggle yourself through if you're more comfortable with addons? Just let people play the way they play, and stop inform people on how they should play with your limits.

OT: I like the way Yvaelle has set up his arena frames with an addon called Shadowed Unit Frames, you can check that out if you like.
    How come you quit using ElvUI may I ask?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psionicist View Post
    While Gladiusex is good I recommend Syncframes http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/syncframes It looks much better with elv ui, it almost looks like it was made to look like it. it also has unit frames party frames and etc. but they can be disabled.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    "I'd rather use a crutch than jump on one leg claiming I'm capable."
    I get so tired of people claiming people using addons are bad/become bad/become less aware. If they make you play better then go ahead, why would you go the long run and struggle yourself through if you're more comfortable with addons? Just let people play the way they play, and stop inform people on how they should play with your limits.

OT: I like the way Yvaelle has set up his arena frames with an addon called Shadowed Unit Frames, you can check that out if you like.
    How come you quit using ElvUI may I ask?
    I just gave my Opinion and ive noticed on myself when i was still using gladius that i tend to look at it way too long
    and missed out on seeing other gamebreaking things
    the only thing that is really useful with gladius is DR tracker
    A bad thing is tough when ppl use aura mastery its not displayed on gladius wich can lead to waisting a cs