View Poll Results: Which feature is better for the next expansion?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Races

    74 49.01%
  • Classes

    77 50.99%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer OzoAndIndi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,389
    Hmm... maybe there's actually enough right now? I suppose for players class would be better since it would prob add more than a simple graphic would, though from the creator side I imagine a race would prob take less time to add without trying to work out an entire new system of abilities or the point of it even existing.

  2. #22
    I guess i would prefer a new class.. after i played them all the real news would be something different

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,256
    A new class that neither elves or humans could play as. Fix a lot of problems with lack of race representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  4. #24
    Despite the fact that it takes the devs tons and tons and TONS of hours to create all this, with GOBS of resources consumed, if I were able to choose? Classes would be the best pick. we already have a great choice of races to play (More that a lot of video games), and there isn't much more room lore wise for new races unless you already use existing WoW races such as Naga. (I wanna play a murloc, dammit!)

    but think about the possibilities for classes? Demonhunter, Tinker, Bard, Astral warrior, etc. The possibilities are endless, and they can tie in to pretty much any part of WoW's current lore. Here's the problem though, more classes = more class balance = less balance overall = less content because they're balancing classes. #balanceception

  5. #25
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,654
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    New race we have enough classes
    I find that a hilarious argument considering we have more races than classes, and the races we do have are generally ignored outside of a couple of "pet races" like Humans, Orcs and Elves. Unlike classes which get updated frequently, Blizzard tends to bring in new races, introduce them, then completely forget about them shortly afterwards. Sometimes all of that happens in the same expansion!

  6. #26
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,402
    didnt vote cause theres not a neither option.

    if i had to vote, id vote for new races. theres not any classes i can think of, or are being talked about on various fan sites, that interest me in the slightest. plus adding races generally doesnt muck up class balance for the first half of the expansion. i dont remember seeing too much complaining going on about monks but dks were fairly broken the first 1 or 2 seasons of wotlk.

    also, while the dk starting area was really awesome, you only got 1 of them, whereas if you implement 2 races you get 2 starting areas. i think the worgen starting area and quests are some of the best in the game and while i think the dk area beats out the goblin area theres still more content in the goblin area than there is in the dk.

  7. #27
    Classes.
    Races is, ultimately, just what your toon looks like, given, some storyline to back them up, but in the end that's what it's down to.
    A class is an entirely new thing to play through.

  8. #28
    Classes for sure.

    I really do not understand why people want "neither". I don't get it. Why wouldn't you want them to add more story or more game play options to the game? If you say because it takes away from development time your sadly mistaken. The wow dev teams are split up, so having the excuse of "I'd rather have a new awesome raid instead" doesn't apply. Plus their team has almost doubled since the start of MoP, expect new class and race next xpac. So, keep QQing about them adding more diversity to the game or embrace it.

  9. #29
    I think we have plenty of classes. Seeing how Blizzard has a hard time balancing 34 specs I'd rather not have them add more classes.

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Neither - don't want to see Tinkers or Demon Hunters. Don't want to see Nagas, Ogres, or Hozens. Wouldn't mind seeing a fourth spec for each existing class, completely updated player models AND ability effects, etc.

    Then again I keep being right and getting exactly what I want and everybody always hates it. I said for years it'd be cool if they redid the old world to permit flying mounts there. They did it, god damn did people whine and hate it. So NM me, enjoy your Naga Tinker and Ogre Demon Hunter.

  11. #31
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I find that a hilarious argument considering we have more races than classes, and the races we do have are generally ignored outside of a couple of "pet races" like Humans, Orcs and Elves. Unlike classes which get updated frequently, Blizzard tends to bring in new races, introduce them, then completely forget about them shortly afterwards. Sometimes all of that happens in the same expansion!
    First off what I said was called a opinion, Second we have 11 classes and 34 specs that they can't balance now. We do not need another Class, another race would be cool tho.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,109
    i don't quite understand the people who say 'neither'
    why would you want 'neither'?

    i mean, i am subjectively having trouble understanding the reason behind that opinion?


    At least with regards to new race, how is the game made worse by more races? At least i can understand that adding classes requires a lot of effort at rebalancing, but surely adding more races just allows for play options and more story to be added. and new classes are great when they are added as a moderate and judicious interval.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  13. #33
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    Classes for sure.

    I really do not understand why people want "neither". I don't get it. Why wouldn't you want them to add more story or more game play options to the game? If you say because it takes away from development time your sadly mistaken.
    Actually you are sadly mistaken. While they don't work on *insert your feature here* they do work on other things. Race teams are(partially) an art asset than can be used to generate new skins for mobs, raid bosses, etc. I'd rather see a game so vastly different and mindblowing that not a single model is reused from the previous game.

    Likewise the class team would be under GC's direction and they do...pretty much everything. Considering they can't even balance the classes they have and there are lots of positive changes they want to make, like trimming down ability bloat and shrinking numbers, I'd prefer they work on those things.

    It's a fairly easy opinion to have. Even easier when you have a little more insight into how they operate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i mean, i am subjectively having trouble understanding the reason behind that opinion?
    Your have an opinion that you don't like someone else's opinion. Wow, that's profound. I also don't want any new ice cream flavors right now or for there to be another brand of grocery store to open in my city. Is there a particular reason I should feel otherwise?

    Maybe you just don't fundamentally understand contentment? Idk.
    BAD WOLF

  14. #34
    Both new races and new classes. Classes for the variety of new mechanics, races for the new art and seeing something different walking around for a change.

    But honestly they need to do two things. 1) Finish the older model revamp, and 2) Add more race-class combos to the game. They've already rewritten the lore with each expansion to add various races and classes to the game. It's time they went whole hog and let any race be any class. There aren't any world shattering racial-class ability combos hiding in the wings, so why the hell not. Make the change and let's see what people really want to play.

    Another crazy option would be to allow any race to play either faction. There's a few humans who could turn traitor and work for the Horde and a few goblins might like to work the the Alliance. Might actually balance the factions if you did so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

  15. #35
    I find class announcements infinitely more exciting, even if I don't always play them day 1. New races are cool, but they don't usually get a lot of lore outside of their starter zone. Once they're thrown into the leveling content, they're all but forgotten until they're brought back into the main expansion content. Then left to obscurity once again.

    I wouldn't make a new alt just for the new races either, but I would for a new class just to see what's new.

  16. #36
    Pandaren Monk Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    1,753
    At least for me, a new class would give me something to do and spend my time on. A new race would just be something pretty to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

  17. #37
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Your have an opinion that you don't like someone else's opinion. Wow, that's profound. I also don't want any new ice cream flavors right now or for there to be another brand of grocery store to open in my city. Is there a particular reason I should feel otherwise?

    Maybe you just don't fundamentally understand contentment? Idk.
    no no no, i was not trying to say i did not like the other opinion, i was saying i did not understand it (as a way of inviting someone to explain the position without merely repeating the conclusion)

    so is the basic idea that the game is good as it is, and adding more to the game would make it less enjoyable?

    how does the addition of new flavors of ice cream interfere with your ability to continue to eat the flavors you like? that is what i don't understand. I get that having more grocery stores could cause a grocery store you like to go out of business through cut-throat competition, but i think this matches more the benign analogy of ice-cream. And even in the grocery analogy it is only a theoretical risk that your preferred store will go out of business, and in general competition reduces costs to the consumer and increases customer service, so competition is a positive thing. Assuming your store does not go out of business, it is a benign addition for others, like the ice cream analogy.


    __________


    in retrospect, i don't think you understood what i was saying whatsoever. i must have worded my confusion improperly for you to so grossly misunderstand my intent.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-09-18 at 09:03 PM.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    3,997
    Races. Classes are too difficult to balance, and a new class either ends up stupidly overpowered for a while (hi, Death Knights!) or fairly underpowered (sorry, WW monks). At this point, with all the homogenization going on to ensure balance, classes end up feeling very similar to each other out of necessity (just how many ways can we repackage combo points anyway?).

    Personally, I think new races give more replayability than new classes, especially since with new races comes new lore and (presumably) new zones.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  19. #39
    I'd rather just flesh out some of the existing races more, as well as update the models.

  20. #40
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    so is the basic idea that the game is good as it is, and adding more to the game would make it less enjoyable?

    how does the addition of new flavors of ice cream interfere with your ability to continue to eat the flavors you like?
    Who is saying this? Who said that a new *insert feature* would make them like the game less? Additionally, it's logical to assume that developing a new class could potentially interfere with someone's enjoyment of existing classes by default that they have to interact with them.

    They could hate them in pvp, hate having their raid spot taken by one, hate them because it has their specific gear type. It's perfectly feasible that a new class could actually interfere with the ability to enjoy your own, unlike ice cream.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    in retrospect, i don't think you understood what i was saying whatsoever. i must have worded my confusion improperly for you to so grossly misunderstand my intent.
    In realtimespec, I don't think you understand what contentment is. You ask if someone wants one of two things, some people will want none. If you asked me if I personally wanted more giraffes at the zoo or more monkeys, it's not understandable that I'm fine with the red pandas and otters my zoo has and don't give a frak about the giraffes or monkeys?
    BAD WOLF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •