Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down World 1st - Hardcore Raiding - WHAT A JOKE BLIZZARD

As long as Blizzard continue this road, to have Public Test Realms where guilds can play freely the bosses before come to live, we will have results like that where 1st day of HC release, we have guilds have killed 10 of 14 bosses in Heroic Mode. Is this result what Blizzard wants? I don't think so.

Blizzard is maybe one of the richest companies out there. They should create internal beta testing teams, with Quality Teams that DONT BELONG IN ACTIVE GUILDS. Test whatever they like and then release it.

What's the point really? World 1st race is a joke...

Deleted
    Re-read what i wrote and then make a statement that have some thought in it. If i devote or not my time to play hardcore doesnt mean i can't judge the whole system as a player that i play the game since Vanilla and ofc as a customer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter if a a very small percentage steamroll their way through heroics in the first day / week? The average raider will still be working on this content over the next 6 months.

Would you rather there be no PTR testing, thus resulting in buggy encounters? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Deleted
    For you it might be a joke but other people would like to prove them selfs as the best / fastest. I don't see the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rebslack View Post
    Does it really matter if a a very small percentage steamroll their way through heroics in the first day / week? The average raider will still be working on this content over the next 6 months.

Would you rather there be no PTR testing, thus resulting in buggy encounters? No thanks.
    "Blizzard is maybe one of the richest companies out there. They should create internal beta testing teams, with Quality Teams that DONT BELONG IN ACTIVE GUILDS. Test whatever they like and then release it." he even said it himself....
    It will be just as the PTR testers, but some people that don't raid or any other reason

Jealous much? I've really never understood why people care so much when it doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form. If you care so much about getting world first/server first or whatever then get good enough to join a hardcore guild that is actively pursing such a goal otherwise stop whining about it.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Deleted
    So because a number of guilds that can probably be counted on one hand, guilds, mind you, that are comprised of hardcore raiders who are both used to working together and have the best gear available downed the bosses that makes it a joke?
    This is what these guilds do. They practice on the PTR, they know the fights, they have the gear, they strive for world first kills. That's as little a representative for the entire wow population as the level 37 screaming that there's no raid content for him. It's simply not statistically significant by any measure.

What you should do is stop worrying about other peoples progress and judge your experience in the game based on what other people do. Who cares?

You don't see your average recreational marathon runner stop the race and toss his water bottle at people because some Kenyan made it across the finish line way before him, which everyone knew would happen. Run the marathon for your own enjoyment, buddy.
    Last edited by mmoc494ea71a08; 2013-09-18 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
    As long as Blizzard continue this road, to have Public Test Realms where guilds can play freely the bosses before come to live, we will have results like that where 1st day of HC release, we have guilds have killed 10 of 14 bosses in Heroic Mode. Is this result what Blizzard wants? I don't think so.

Blizzard is maybe one of the richest companies out there. They should create internal beta testing teams, with Quality Teams that DONT BELONG IN ACTIVE GUILDS. Test whatever they like and then release it.

Have you killed those bosses?

Do you perhaps not realise that those people that get a world first are PROFESSIONALS THAT ARE -PAID- to play this game?

They are already at the top, they know their class and game inside out. Mechanics are something that you learn in but a few minutes/tries. It's not that the bosses are easy- they always were. Players simply became better, addons became more useful.

Re-read what i wrote and then make a statement that have some thought in it. If i devote or not my time to play hardcore doesnt mean i can't judge the whole system as a player that i play the game since Vanilla and ofc as a customer.
    I read it and my only thought is "oh shut the fuck up".
    Why do you even care that they are there? I rather have it tested before it goes live instead of having several weeks with tuning of the bosses live.
    It's a better testing than you get by putting some developers there to test it out. What do you want them to do? Take "valued customers" like you, in to test HC while you wipe endlessly?
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Tiger woods is so good at golf
    Golf is an easy sport..

That logic

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Have you killed those bosses?

Do you perhaps not realise that those people that get a world first are PROFESSIONALS THAT ARE -PAID- to play this game?

They are already at the top, they know their class and game inside out. Mechanics are something that you learn in but a few minutes/tries. It's not that the bosses are easy- they always were. Players simply became better, addons became more useful.
    They're not paid. They might get peripherals/their subscriptions paid by sponsors, but they don't get a salary or monetary compensation.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebslack View Post

No Ofc not. But they could have internal beta teams, they have the money for this, and have the challenge remain for everyone. Why the ruin it? I know its a "free beta tester" way, but common you are Blizzard ffs

You don't find very lame that a new content patch is finished for a per cent of players lets say, in the same very day its get released or even a week later? Its pointless, because i assume they have spent a lot of time create it. Its like i am creating a difficult puzzle, and then say: Guys lets test it please all together. And then release it and you can come (that already solved it!) to solve it again and tell to the others: OMG I AM THE BEST. Best of what? A joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Spylacopa
    For you it might be a joke but other people would like to prove them selfs as the best / fastest. I don't see the problem
    I respect 1st of all your opinion, but how exactly they prove they are the best / fastest? They kill bosses they have already killed previously. It's not a challenge, it just who repeat it 1st! Also, Us Guilds kill it 1st, as they start 1st (at last they succeeded on that i may add!).

Look what happened with Ra-den, noone could test it, and in the end some players found a flaw in the boss design and it ended being much easier than intended.

First off raid testing is very limited on PTR. It is conducted at odd hours that not everyone can participate during. The players that do test religiously and put asside whatever real life schedule they have to do so deserve every bit of head start that they get. Also just because habitually successful guilds populated by successful players down content at an unbelievably fast pace from your perspective does not imply that they even stepped foot in PTR. These guilds stepped into SOO with all gear slots heroic thunderforged best in slot and overgeared their way through normal day one or two. Maybe some did spend some time on PTR however there is no proof not guarantee that they did.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I read it and my only thought is "oh shut the fuck up".
    Why do you even care that they are there? I rather have it tested before it goes live instead of having several weeks with tuning of the bosses live.
    It's a better testing than you get by putting some developers there to test it out. What do you want them to do? Take "valued customers" like you, in to test HC while you wipe endlessly?
    That clearly shows your level and quality to discuss something instead says shut the fuck u, but np continue that mate! Also about testing, have u read the comment? 2nd time, i told about internal testing, dont participate if you can't really discuss mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never understand the purppose of the ptr servers
    i wonder how will it be if they werent arround at all

No Ofc not. But they could have internal beta teams, they have the money for this, and have the challenge remain for everyone. Why the ruin it? I know its a "free beta tester" way, but common you are Blizzard ffs

internal beta teams................

would they be programmers who know every nuance of the game because they wrote it and not be susseptable to failure or finding surprise faults in the design?

or

would they be a very limited number of players, most likely from top guilds, who were provided access to test AT ANY TIME they wanted and only pushing them farther ahead?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I think the OP is overestimating the advantage of PTR testing by a lot.

Even if there were no PTR raiding, the guilds could (and do, actually) still practise those bosses on the first week since heroic is locked. So to make them tackle heroic bosses completely "fresh", you'd have to open heroic modes the same time as normal. This however would just mean that the first week race would simply be to go as far as possible without any new gear (probably not very far) and the actual race would still start on week 2.

If you also want "figuring out a workable tactic" phase to take days or even hours, the heroic modes would have to be absurdly complex and probably completely unkillable for most of the guilds doing heroics currently.

You don't find very lame that a new content patch is finished for a per cent of players lets say, in the same very day its get released or even a week later? Its pointless, because i assume they have spent a lot of time create it. Its like i am creating a difficult puzzle, and then say: Guys lets test it please all together. And then release it and you can come (that already solved it!) to solve it again and tell to the others: OMG I AM THE BEST. Best of what? A joke!

I respect 1st of all your opinion, but how exactly they prove they are the best / fastest? They kill bosses they have already killed previously. It's not a challenge, it just who repeat it 1st! Also, Us Guilds kill it 1st, as they start 1st (at last they succeeded on that i may add!).
    Still not killed in first day, and might still not be killed in the first week either. But let's say it's so easy that 10 guilds finish it first week. Some ten and some 25mans. Then 200 people finished it in a week(and they spent time in ptr too, so they spent longer in reality). 200 out of 7.000.000. That's less than 0.003% of the playerbase. Oh my.

And we still have to see them kill it this week.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away