The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

All-in-one printer for my dad

Hi there.

My dads birthday are coming up, and he talked about getting a new all-in-one printer. He prints a few pictures here and there, and uses it for his small business. Do you guys have any recommendations? The sites I've been looking at, dosent seem to review them that good.

I can't help you decide on one, but one tip is to look for office hardware supplies firms. They carry models that don't get picked up by electronics stores, and the machines are often cheaper, better and more robust while the toner refill cartridges are cheaper and have higher capacities (because offices have different needs to private households - a printer that only manages 2000 sides per toner cartridge is useless to a business).

When I bought my laser printer, I could have bought an 70 euro model from Mediamarkt which comes with a 500 side toner cartridge and refills are 80 euro for 2000 sides. I found a printer at an office supplies company for 170 euro including shipping, that came with a 4000 page cartridge and refills are 90 euro for 15000 sides. I've saved about 500 euro over the last two-three years because of this. Paper (standard weight A4) for the printer is more expensive per side than the toner.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You got a point. But damn its hard to choose regarding performance. Half the time I find one I like, people got shit things to say about it

I understand it's not the answer you're looking for, but for printing photos, just take them in and get them done.

It's cheap (at least here in the UK it is), and you get far better looking pictures than an all-in-one printer can print. And you're not really saving any money by buying a printer because the ink costs for good all-in-one printers are stupidly high, generally adding up to costing you more than getting them done in store.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT: about people shit talking hardware - it happens with everything. Best bet would be to find one where there's only a few people criticising the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    You got a point. But damn its hard to choose regarding performance. Half the time I find one I like, people got shit things to say about it
    Professional reviewers or users?

Internet reviews tend to gush or crucify, and people are more likely to post a review on a retail website if it doesn't work or is DOA.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the late answer.
    Its both prof. And user reviews. Everytime I find a positive prof. Review, then theres users tearing it down