Thread: Spoils Help

Spoils Help

So my guild cleared 9/14 this week which is actually pretty good for us so we are pretty excited about that. So tonight we got to Spoils and honestly it kind of felt like a wall we started off three healing then went to 2 healing and the healing felt very close I mean after about 10-15 pulls we got the mechanics down. Any tips for this fight and would it be worth it to try a different fight first. Also DPS was a bit close but that can probably be fixed as the healer that switched was in all healing reforged and had no cloak.

Thanks for all the help should get it down this week
    Last edited by ScooterPerpetual; 2013-09-18 at 06:26 AM.

2 heal for sure, what was wiping you? not killing things in time? 1st or 2nd room? make sure your box order is pre set. As a tank i know the next several boxes im opening and where they are also have the next box in line open before the last one dies so there is always an active target. If you have more than one lust split those

Not sure of the exact combo youre using to open boxes but we found that its an absolute joke if you open 4 small boxes -> Both monks -> all medium -> 2 big in each room. Such low healing requirement, and doesnt take a lot of DPS. We had both sides kill it with more than 80 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by Porra View Post
    Not sure of the exact combo youre using to open boxes but we found that its an absolute joke if you open 4 small boxes -> Both monks -> all medium -> 2 big in each room. Such low healing requirement, and doesnt take a lot of DPS. We had both sides kill it with more than 80 seconds left.
    Thats the box order we did for the mogu room and found it to be a joke, mantid room was different but may try that this next time in there as well

We started out using Everelia's strat of opening all the small boxes with a large/ medium add being cleaved on them and it wasnt difficult but there was so much going on mechanic wise. If you use the same strat for both sides the fight becomes a joke. We litterally one shot it after switching to it.

What helped us was ignoring the Pandaren boxes, when we did that we finished each room with 60 seconds to spare on one pull.

Split up into two groups of 5, tank in each with a healer and 2 dps, we started with a big box and a small box together in each room, nuke down the big ad whilst cleaving onto the smaller ones, from there we just opened the second big box, and all the medium ones.

In my experience on that fight, only having one ranged is ideal, because then you only get bombs (mantid) on one ranged and the healer, we had two melee in our "5 man team" and it was kind of a joke.

I would say to prio the urns (along with the adds) in Mogu, the lightning adds can get really annoying, and the Torment debuff can aslo get annoying if they don't go down quickly, other than that just prio the big guys (anima in mogu and stacking pheramones guy in mantid)

totally ignore the panda boxes and see how it goes, we noticed that the buffs they gave weren't worth the time it took (and how annoying they were) to kill, and ended up clearing the rooms with loads of time to spare.

I disagree with the above poster. We opened both pandaren right away before anything else. If you're not dying and you're hitting enrage open more. Always have two small boxes open, etc.

I'm confused, its a wall but you killed it on the first week?

This fight screams 2 heal more than any other in recent history yet you still went 3 heals for some pulls? Seriously? A 5 man team with 2 healers?

I'm not sure what advice to give except "Think next time"

Make good use of your hybrid's healing cds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way we did it was dps immediately open the medium right below where you jump in. I (tank) went and opened the panda box right across from them as well as the large box next to the panda. DPS nuked the medium before the large even finished opening. After that we killed the panda. When the large was 50% or lower I would grab either the other panda or a medium box. When both were dead, I would grab the last large box and another medium. From there on out I would open boxes on boxes so long as the DPS and healer were able to keep up.

Doing it this way gave us no issues whatsoever. I suggest once both 'teams' understand their side and can do it without an issue, that you switch which group starts on the Mogu/Mantid sides. That way you don't end up wiping when you are 1/2 to a kill because people are not comfortable doing the other room.

GM of <Top Shelf> on Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm confused, its a wall but you killed it on the first week?

This fight screams 2 heal more than any other in recent history yet you still went 3 heals for some pulls? Seriously? A 5 man team with 2 healers?

I'm not sure what advice to give except "Think next time"
    Thanks for no help at all! Next time read the post.

As for everyone else thanks for the help it was healing that was getting us but feeling more confident going into it this week with more gear/time

10+ Year Old Account
    In my quarter me (as tank) and our hunter would run to different panda boxes, I would put threat on the first one then head over to the 2nd one (which had been MDed) and cleave them down together. Just before they die I start opening boxes.

Key is for your box opener to be aggressive but not too aggressive, and be aware of precisely how much energy each box gives and how much energy they need. Also make sure that you are always killing two bigs, and don't be afraid to open extra smalls as you are killing a big.

Also, try to identify if any side is finishing far earlier than the other, and try to shuffle around your DPS to optimise.

You need to two-heal this fight if you want to meet the DPS requirements. The first and most important thing to understand is the number of crates you need to open up, and figure out a very simple order to do so.

Don't just jump down in the hope that blindly you'll get lucky and kill the things you need to kill, because that won't happen. Separate yourself into different Ventrilo rooms, so you're not talking over each other, and designate an order for you to open up the crates.

Oh, and we popped Bloodlust before we dropped down (1 second before pull) as Bloodlust is not shared between the two teams once down in the rooms, but it is shared while on the platform, so if you have use of Bloodlust, that is the time to do it.

The main thing is that if your team is reliant on DeadlyBossMods to tell them what to do, it is very likely that they're going to die to personal matters, simply because my version of DBM doesn't tell me about my Bombs or when standing in Puddles, so be aware of those!

For us, we dropped down and we broke both Pandaren crates, along with a large add. This let us get the buffs very quickly and made a huge impact on the raid. Once done, we let out plenty of smaller adds and just burst them down as fast as possible and then continued to open the crates we needed too.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    I disagree with the above poster. We opened both pandaren right away before anything else. If you're not dying and you're hitting enrage open more. Always have two small boxes open, etc.
    I'm not sure what kind of gear you'd need to have to make it worth opening the panda boxes at all.

Finished both rooms with close to a minute to spare in each by ignoring them, and if you have less gear than us, it would take you longer to kill the two pandas thus making the buffs even more worthless...oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    So my guild cleared 9/14 this week which is actually pretty good for us so we are pretty excited about that. So tonight we got to Spoils and honestly it kind of felt like a wall we started off three healing then went to 2 healing and the healing felt very close I mean after about 10-15 pulls we got the mechanics down. Any tips for this fight and would it be worth it to try a different fight first. Also DPS was a bit close but that can probably be fixed as the healer that switched was in all healing reforged and had no cloak.

Thanks for all the help should get it down this week
    Just some tips on what we did.

Opened minimum small crates on Mogu side (4 small, all medium and large) because the urns are a bitch to deal with in groups.

Opened all small crates and enough mediums that we only needed to open one large on Mantid side. (dont remember exact number of mediums)

We opened the panda crates for buffs, but did it while popping both panda crates with others at the same time and cleaving. If your dps is fairly good then you really don't need to open the panda crates.