Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They did the right thing by removing the conquest vendor when they noticed the 28k cap. Tho they totally screwed up by restoring the vendor before removing the 28k cap. The only thing they can do to redeem any kind of dignity is to restart the whole season. People with almost full grevious gear is running rampent around in the ladder having a huge advantage over the people with normal cap.

If they cant remove the gear they should just give everyone 28k caps so we are on par. If they decide to try and remove the gear im betting it's gonna be weeks before anything is done about it, and than people are gonna have more grevious gear, and im 100% sure they end up removing gear from people who got it without abusing the bug.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Deleted
    Fotm op class with exploited grieveous gear and STILL at a shitty rating. Man that must be a bad player :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    They did the right thing by removing the conquest vendor when they noticed the 28k cap. Tho they totally screwed up by restoring the vendor before removing the 28k cap. The only thing they can do to redeem any kind of dignity is to restart the whole season. People with almost full grevious gear is running rampent around in the ladder having a huge advantage over the people with normal cap.

If they cant remove the gear they should just give everyone 28k caps so we are on par. If they decide to try and remove the gear im betting it's gonna be weeks before anything is done about it, and than people are gonna have more grevious gear, and im 100% sure they end up removing gear from people who got it without abusing the bug.
    They will at best remove gear from players who stand out. The thousands of other people who abused it will be left alone.
    They wont give a shit about ratings and achievements obtained thanks to the gear.

EVERYONE, doesnt matter if they are rank 1 or never been above 1000 rating, should be banned for exploiting this bug.
    No excuses! Flat out banning everyone who exploited this and bought full gear. No discussion!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    People with almost full grevious gear is running rampent around in the ladder having a huge advantage over the people with normal cap.
    Not trying to be a huge penis here, but can you possibly have a link of any said character with full grevious gear. I took a little glance over the top 15 in each bracket in eu, and hardly anyone with more than 2 pieces of grievous.
    1 piece from cap
    and 2nd piece from timeless boss. (if their lucky)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitshoot View Post
    Not trying to be a huge penis here, but can you possibly have a link of any said character with full grevious gear. I took a little glance over the top 15 in each bracket in eu, and hardly anyone with more than 2 pieces of grievous.
    1 piece from cap
    They are smart about it and logging out in their tyrannical gear to avoid getting detected by people spying on the armory

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    They are smart about it and logging out in their tyrannical gear to avoid getting detected by people spying on the armory
    ahh yeah, just viewed earlier activity lols. Apollogies Joppas.

also its good to see the russians are making strides to be 1st 3k rated in 5s tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitshoot View Post
    1 piece from cap
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A5rtom/feed
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shoco/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...hewar/advanced

View earlier activity.
    There are also those who delete the gear so they can use the restore item function later if blizzard remove the gear.
    Last edited by joppas; 2013-09-23 at 12:32 PM.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    just an update to my original posting, Blizzard is indeed working on several paths to aid us in combating those who obtained weapons and armor through the flaw. At this time grievous weapons have been suspended to lvl91 I did not cap last week due to the issue surrounding conquest obtainment so I'm a little sad i personally will be delayed in getting a weapon but now we can go in and try to grind it out with at least a little bit less issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saett View Post
    just an update to my original posting, Blizzard is indeed working on several paths to aid us in combating those who obtained weapons and armor through the flaw. At this time grievous weapons have been suspended to lvl91 I did not cap last week due to the issue surrounding conquest obtainment so I'm a little sad i personally will be delayed in getting a weapon but now we can go in and try to grind it out with at least a little bit less issue.
    So far it looks like they WONT punish anyone who exploited the conquest gear bug.
    They are even going to replace all the grieveous-gear with tyrannical-gear so they wont be punished if they deleted their old pieces.

That is total bullshit imo. They should have the gear removed, nothing given back AND be banned for atleast a week.

Buuuut since blizzard is all about the money they wont risk offending players with a ban and risk them cancelling their sub.

Pathetic!

They are even going to replace all the grieveous-gear with tyrannical-gear so they wont be punished if they deleted their old pieces.
    Lets reward them for trying to cheat the system

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Lets reward them for trying to cheat the system
    Exactly. Im actually a little bit pissed of at this. But its all about that cash flow so no point being pissed of at it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Any normal player that had this happen to them would quit PvP or the game altogether if they had to BG farm full Tyr again. Their punishment is having to gem and enchant their shit again, including weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Any normal player that had this happen to them would quit PvP or the game altogether if they had to BG farm full Tyr again. Their punishment is having to gem and enchant their shit again, including weapons.
    Exactly. Thats why blizz wont punish them. They are too afraid to lose subs. Even if the right punishment would be for them to have to farm new gear
    again AFTER their week long ban.

Exploiting should never EVER be neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    The point is though, that any normal player wouldn't think that having a 20k cap the first week of a new season is normal. Capping that much grievous is a lot of effort, anybody who was completely oblivious and thought their 20k cap would last wouldn't try and fill it in the first week of a new season... they'd spread it out over a couple weeks at least.

I'm not for punishing people who got the bug, as it isn't their fault, but we shouldn't reward them with a second set of gear for their troubles. If they were stupid enough to replace all their gear with gear from a bug which they KNEW wouldn't be permanent, then tough luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with people who exploited the system. Given the chance, I'm sure most of you here would've done the same. There is no such thing as "honor" in an internet online game. Those of you who've had bugged caps and did not abuse it are either fools or afraid to be blacklisted by "the community" and the Blizzard police.

Those "few" heroes who've went above and beyond the call of duty and ascended by exploiting the system, risked their accounts and their reputation in the process should receive medals for their heroic stand against the hordes of envious mindless rabble who wish to see them destroyed.

Those "few" heroes I now respect and also pity for their inevitable fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I don't have a problem with people who exploited the system. Given the chance, I'm sure most of you here would've done the same. There is no such thing as "honor" in an internet online game. Those of you who've had bugged caps and did not abuse it are either fools or afraid to be blacklisted by "the community" and the Blizzard police.

Those "few" heroes who've went above and beyond the call of duty and ascended by exploiting the system, risked their accounts and their reputation in the process should receive medals for their heroic stand against the hordes of envious mindless rabble who wish to see them destroyed.

Those "few" heroes I now respect and also pity for their inevitable fate.
    Having played this game since 60 and used exploits in the system before, I know you never get away with it. Eventually it'll catch up to you and you'll be similar to the "hero" now that will lose their gear.

So no, people that tried to exploit the system didn't go beyond the call of duty... they just put in extra effort for nothing and anyone that's played this game knows Blizzard would eventually catch them. It just took two weeks to.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    EVERYONE, doesnt matter if they are rank 1 or never been above 1000 rating, should be banned for exploiting this bug.
    No excuses! Flat out banning everyone who exploited this and bought full gear. No discussion!
    I would suggest you to think before you speak. (*cough* dumb ass* cough*) Even though this 'problem' is incredibly annoying. How can you blame people? They were just doing arena's and RBG's and due to Blizzard they had an increased cap. They didn't actually abuse anything. If every raid boss suddenly started dropping 10 times the normal amount of loot, could you blame people for looting it? No one here in this thread would go to the 2200 cap and stop playing, or continue and not spend it all. It's not people their faults, it is Bizzard's fault.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-09-28 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trahelion View Post
    I would suggest you to think before you speak. (*cough* dumb ass* cough*) Even though this 'problem' is incredibly annoying. How can you blame people? They were just doing arena's and RBG's and due to Blizzard they had an increased cap. They didn't actually abuse anything. If every raid boss suddenly started dropping 10 times the normal amount of loot, could you blame people for looting it? No one here in this thread would go to the 2200 cap and stop playing, or continue and not spend it all. It's not people their faults, it is Bizzard's fault.
    I dont know if this is serious but anyone with an IQ enough to play the game would understand that 28k conquest cap
    the first day of arena is wrong. Fine. If you just play and cap 28k thats no problem.
    Its when the people bought gear for 28k conquest to get an advantage (ie the exact definition of exploiting) it starts to get ugly.
    I cant understand why this is hard to grasp...

Also, reported! You need to learn how to behave, son!

Quote Originally Posted by Trahelion View Post

Infracted
    Except it's been stated multiple times before each season that caps are wiped at the beginning of each season... and if extra loot dropped from a raid boss there would be a hot fix immediately because I'm pretty sure Blizzard usually monitors the top guilds first attempts

Also, if these people were just spending the conquest because it was there and weren't trying to exploit, why did most of them a) delete the gear so they could reclaim it later or b) never log off with it so it doesn't show up in armory?
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere