10+ Year Old Account

LFR Nourshen is nothing but RNG...

Just finished LFR and when we got to Norushen they have removed the orbs so you can't allocate your top DPS to get purified to beat the enrage it's chosen by random.

It took us 7 wipes to get good DPS to be purified I was matching the people with purify if not beating them on the wipes because they were only doing about 100k with the buff.

Since you can't chose the people getting the buff if the people AFKing or bad DPS or people who don't know their class etc get it not the top DPS then you're doomed to wipe unless your best players get the challenge early on.

Too 7 times to get the only 4 good DPS done early and by then the debuff was just carrying all the people doing 12k-33k dps.

Fight needs a serious redesign in LFR so that it's not RNG if you have competent players getting the purified buff.

Also I should point out that even with 4 people doing 200k+ dps we still only got the kill with 0 seconds on the enrage since most of the raid were sub 40k dps.
    Last edited by nulir; 2013-09-18 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if only the shitty people get purified, you should still have the DPS to beat the enrage as long as people are killing the adds. Your top DPS -- even at 100 corruption -- should blow through the adds and that knocks health off the boss. The problem starts when people start ignoring the adds and everyone is just tunneling the boss with wetnoodle DPS.

I mean, it still sucks, but it is absolutely beatable even with bad luck on RNG.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    its kind of silly that it takes healers, when the debuff only affects damage done as far as i know.

i queued on my hunter with my holy paladin friend, he got purified twice before i even got it once. i don't see why it takes healers at all. unless im missing something the debuff only affects damage done not healing.

- - - Updated - - -

i think they should just have the things in to click like in normal/flex

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    its kind of silly that it takes healers, when the debuff only affects damage done as far as i know.
    Healers can rack up corruption if they dispel people without having "Gift of the titans"-buff, so having a way to get rid of corruption is still (Somewhat) useful for them, besides, Tortos proves that having clickable stuff in LFR doesn't pan out really well...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Healers can rack up corruption if they dispel people without having "Gift of the titans"-buff, so having a way to get rid of corruption is still (Somewhat) useful for them, besides, Tortos proves that having clickable stuff in LFR doesn't pan out really well...
    Nourshen doesn't have titan buff, that's sha.

The only problem we had with it in LFR last night was people tunneling / ignoring adds. It really didn't get bad till we hit around 40-50% and our healers would get overwhelmed by adds or just so many up.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That's the Sha of Pride encounter. Granted it's easy to get it confused since Norushen is in the encounter giving the buff.

the biggest issue with nourshen on LFR is that people keep getting sent down.

the normal mode tactic is that you get everyone cleansed by 50%, then no one else goes down again.

in LFR there is much more raid damage then there needs to be and that is what screws most groups up.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Even if only the shitty people get purified, you should still have the DPS to beat the enrage as long as people are killing the adds. Your top DPS -- even at 100 corruption -- should blow through the adds and that knocks health off the boss. The problem starts when people start ignoring the adds and everyone is just tunneling the boss with wetnoodle DPS.

I mean, it still sucks, but it is absolutely beatable even with bad luck on RNG.
    Yeah I'm affliction so I just dot the boss and focus adds so that's why it sounded like I was tunneling I guess.

Try communicating with people in LFR I told them multiple times killing adds damages the boss and it was still only me on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post
    Yeah I'm affliction so I just dot the boss and focus adds so that's why it sounded like I was tunneling I guess.

Try communicating with people in LFR I told them multiple times killing adds damages the boss and it was still only me on them.
    we wiped twice in lfr because only about 5 people actually attacked adds. people didn't understand that damage to the adds hurts the boss aswell :|

Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post

Well the one thing I like about the adds is that even with 3-5 of us dps'ing them they went down fairly quick especially when they were grouped up we could aoe them down. Around 50% it was just bad because people would die from whatever (so less dps) and tanks weren't picking them up and less people stayed on adds because at 50% in their mind is "Must kill boss now. Must forget adds!" especially once they had 0 corruption because they did 25% more damage.

it gives a buff to your healing if you get purified, thats why disc priests own on this fight, they double dip from atonement

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well the one thing I like about the adds is that even with 3-5 of us dps'ing them they went down fairly quick especially when they were grouped up we could aoe them down. Around 50% it was just bad because people would die from whatever (so less dps) and tanks weren't picking them up and less people stayed on adds because at 50% in their mind is "Must kill boss now. Must forget adds!" especially once they had 0 corruption because they did 25% more damage.
    The adds are a joke.
    i was soloing them and they still died fast as shit.

Meanwhile i could see the entire stacked raid just standing in the beam, which on LFR, no longer oneshots you.

Guess blizz admitted that LFRaiders are fucking mongoloids that cant avoid beams that move slow as molassus.

Blue Quote from last night:
    "Wanted to chime in and let you know that we're looking into a possible issue where the incorrect targets were being picked for Look Within on Raid Finder."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    The adds are a joke.
    i was soloing them and they still died fast as shit.

Meanwhile i could see the entire stacked raid just standing in the beam, which on LFR, no longer oneshots you.

Guess blizz admitted that LFRaiders are fucking mongoloids that cant avoid beams that move slow as molassus.
    Although I tend to agree with your statement, calling someone a mongoloid and then misspelling molasses is unfortunate.

Blizz will get it worked out, everyone just take a breath and relax.

we wiped twice in lfr because only about 5 people actually attacked adds. people didn't understand that damage to the adds hurts the boss aswell :|
    It boggles my mind how people still havnt come to the realization yet that adds>>>>>>>boss.

I wiped on The Monastery the other day because people like refused to kill the death grip circles. We had 3 attempts before we downed him and its pretty much because I went solo and downed all the orbs myself. I recall another time recently when we wiped due to the same issue and after like 3 attempts I got angry and was like, "really guys, adds>>>>>>boss.!"

And they all said, "oh ok."

o.O.....really? I had to tell you that......no wonder people can still wipe in LFR, there really are some morons out there playing.

It was a oneshot when i did it, we killed it with 5 seconds left to enrage and i was the only healer alive for the last 2 mins. But this happens all the time in LFRs, nothing new tbh. Exact same stuff on Pride afterwards

Are others struggling with this boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

the "enrage" was nothing more than a pretty light show when we hit it at 20% health then continued on to one shot him.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the "enrage" was nothing more than a pretty light show when we hit it at 20% health then continued on to one shot him.
    Yeah, I don't know. I've only hit the enrage on normal. I know a lot of times the timer on LFR is irrelevant.

But I do know that if you have your high corruption people focusing the adds, even if your top DPS never get purified, you can beat the fight. Yeah, DPS looks terrible if everyone is at 100 corruption and tunneling the boss, but people shouldn't be doing that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    It was a oneshot when i did it, we killed it with 5 seconds left to enrage and i was the only healer alive for the last 2 mins. But this happens all the time in LFRs, nothing new tbh. Exact same stuff on Pride afterwards

Are others struggling with this boss?
    Struggling on Pride? We 2 shot it and would've 1 shot it but people didn't know once their Pride was at 80+ (I think that's the number) they start aoe'ing everyone around them. Fixed it the next attempt and got him.

Deleted
    Not sure why they made it random. Garajal worked fine no? And that didn't even give a dps buff. Doubt a lot of people wiped on that for example. Similar to ji-kun, although I guess wipes were more plentiful there because doing first nest and then having dps buff gave most dps.