Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Which Smart Phone

Hello all,

I'm in the process of getting a new smart phone, and I was thinking of switching from iPhone 4 to the Lumia 920 of windows, but the problem is that no retailer have the Lumia 920, and my question is: Will the Nokia 920 see a second generation of some sort and that is why the phone seems to be out of stock everywhere, and also anyone have any experience with the phone that can comment what they like/hate etc...

Thanks!
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

I currently have the 928 (Verizon's 920) and the phone is awesome. They've been doing tons of sales with the 9xx models though so it's not surprising that it's completely sold out. The only confirmed phone coming out now (If you have att) is the 925 which is just a bit faster, and the new Lumia 1520, which if you like big phones will be the way to go. There's also the 1020 on att. Not sure who your provider is.

As for my lumia,
    Pros: Clear screen, quick, AWESOME CAMERA, easy to use and customize live tiles.
    Cons: Can edit words(as in only can select beginning or ending, no middle editing of words), Still lack of apps (Friends love snapchat, windows doesn't have), Features being added in the updates should be quicker (Group messaging, better support, etc.)

Overall it's a good phone and I really like making the jump from android to my 928.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

I have experience with the 920, and I currently use a 925 for my work phone. The 920 is a pretty awesome phone, it feels really solid but a bit heavy, it has wireless charging (if you like that feature), and WP8 is a very smooth OS (although the app store is still very sparse compared to apple/droid market). The 925 is basically the same phone, although it is an aluminum shell, and doesn't have wireless charging built in (which makes the phone dramatically lighter). The 920 is getting a bit old as far as phone go, there is already a 1020 out which has a nicer camera and a bit faster CPU, which explains why the 920 is a bit on the cheaper end now.

If you want the biggest and the best I would suggest you look more at the 1020, but I suspect you will likely be pretty happy with the 920 as long as you go in knowing that the WP8 market place is nowhere neat the same level as its apple/droid counter parts. I suggest if apps concern you take a look at Windows marketplace online and check to see if all the apps you want are there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should ask in the computer forum, more tech people there.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply!
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

I still think iOS and Android are both superior to Windows for mobile atm.

it's tough to say, windows phone is not doing so well, and it's reminiscent of blackberry a few years ago. small market share, trying to be a big boy, not doing it well. time will tell if they'll do it right or not.

i'd go with the S4, the HTC One, the Xperia Z, or wait a bit for the new Nexus 5 to come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real reason to not buy into Windows Phone is if there is a specific App you want that it does not have.

Having a billion apps is pointless unless in that billion is one you can't live without. The overwhelming majority of Apps are complete garbage not worth even looking at.

Microsoft has very deep pockets and is committed to the platform, so for the life of a phone, 2-3 years, you can be assured of continued development.

The lack of 920's should be because its been replaced by the 925/928. It's last years model.

You can also just switch to T-Mobile, do their Jump plan, then if you dont like it you get a new phone every 6 months.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Samsung galaxy s4 is the best android phone I have used.