10+ Year Old Account

What the fuck am I doing wrong? (2v2 rant with advice needed)

I play both WW monk and MW monk and know how to play them decently. My friend plays priest and arms warrior, but generally mains disc. He reached 2100+ on his priest in 2s, although I can't really notice him being above average.

Since the season just started I hopped into 2v2 with my friend to do some arena. We went OK first few matches because we kept facing lame double DPS comps. Now we're facing DPS/healer and I just don't fucking know anymore.

First painful match was versus a WW monk/Rdruid as Arms warr/Mw monk. The monk was doing so much damage I could barely even outheal (fully geared here, even using leftover PvE trinkets from previous patch) and I went oom so fast with the rdruid sitting on 200k+ mana. He was barely doing ANY damage whatsoever and everytime he got the rdruid below 80% the WW monk would just go peel mode 24/7 while still doing stupid pressure for some reason. Needless to say we lost the match, even with him stop nearly every fucking cyclone the rdruid manages to cast (which was truly the only fucking thing he cast).

So after becoming seriously frustrated with that game I told him to go on his priest and I would go WW monk, seeing that other WW monk doing insane pressure and doing nothing special except throw a paralysis in there once in awhile (which was really the only CC he ever used with the rdruid using that 3 sec roar once in awhile) I thought it wouldn't be hard to win games.
    Boy was I fucking wrong.

2nd or 3rd game we face an arms warr/hpal game. The holy paladin LITERALLY sitting at 300k mana THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME. I go on the warrior, TRYING to force some CDs from the paladin which we did. Wings on use that's all. Warrior popped die by the sword a couple of times and just tunneled my priest, even with me peeling the shit out of him until my priest went oom. After roughly 10-15 minutes with the paladin still at 300k hp, putting a CC chain on me I basically ragequit and alt-F4d WoW.

TL;DR People are doing insane pressure while I'm doing 0 at the same MMR, I don't even know what I'm doing wrong, my priest friend goes oom extremely fast aswell and even when we put a CC chain on the healer, the DPS loses 0 health.

I never ask for help on a forum, but I'm about to smash my head into the wall here.

I'm an avid player of WW + healer (had best success to 2.2k with hpaladin). My usual strategy for dealing pressure is building Tigereye Brew stacks to 10 by attacking the DPS and waiting for trinket proc (PvP proc trinket, potency can be further increased with engi/tailoring/human double trinkets). After the trinket proc, I instantly swap to the healer, applying Leg Sweep and popping my Xuen + stacks, trying to do as much damage I can. When Leg Sweep is about to end, I extend my stun with FoF (full channel, 2 + 1 sec stun). My healer does his best to CC the DPS to avoid peeling (Repentance/Dominate Mind -> Fist/Hammer of Justice/Psychic Scream). Alternatively, he can help you DPS.

If I haven't gotten a kill with this combo, I'll either keep going on the healer depending on his HP / cooldowns remaining or switch back to his partner and repeat the same after about a minute. Eventually you will kill him. This strategy can also be applied on squishier DPS too with your healer focusing CC on the enemy healer. Against warriors/dks sitting in blood presence/defensive stance you are better off trying to kill the healer.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2013-09-18 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you barely ever go on the DPS then by CCing the healer constantly? Thing is, I've tried doing "hard swaps" on the healer before, but they usually just absorb all of my damage (this was in 5.3 with priests dominating, but even today I had a fight vs feral/holy priest and I couldn't do much at all because I had to peel for my healer). I also have to use my leg sweep for peeling sometimes because my healers HP just keeps dropping and dropping.

When do you usually train the DPS and go for the kill on them? When fighting clothies/leather classes like mages and rogues?

Ty for the tips, i'll certainly be trying this out.

Edit: What do you do versus DKs and warriors who are training your healer who sit in battle stance and unholy presence? Because my friend can't survive a warrior or a DK training him even with me peeling for him sometimes.

To start of, i play MW monk and SP. Didnt try yet Monk.

Today i did some 2s resto/sp and we won pretty much all of the games except warrior/druid. Druid was full mana all game and for me basicly unreachable with the warrior on me. But omg lol, we won to feral-disc

After 15mins tho when the debuff applied.

Lets see how my MW does tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    @PPN How do you go about positioning yourself though? My friend usually just chases around his kill target around pillars, which means I have to adjust my positioning... a lot. It's near impossible for me to heal him up aswell most of the times because others are doing sooo much pressure even through enveloping mist and soothing mist healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    So you barely ever go on the DPS then by CCing the healer constantly?
    Depends on the enemy classes. If DPS is the ideal kill target, I'll have my healer CC the healer like you said. When I'm setting up my burst, I'll tell my healer save the CC and wait to DR to drop until trinket procs.

When do you usually train the DPS and go for the kill on them? When fighting clothies/leather classes like mages and rogues?
    Precisely. By sitting on the mage for example you can negate a lot of pressure and casts. You can land some nice RSK crits on squishier targets, which will result in faster defensive CD usage.

Edit: What do you do versus DKs and warriors who are training your healer who sit in battle stance and unholy presence? Because my friend can't survive a warrior or a DK training him even with me peeling for him sometimes.
    I will peel as much as possible utilizing Disable root, Leg Sweep/FoF, even Paralysis from behind to assist him healing. I also save my Tiger's Lust for him too after they have used their gap closers. Granted, it's not as simple as it sounds with the enemy healer CCing you, so you have to utilize areas with line of sight (have your healer kite him around a pillar for example).
    Last edited by Divinism; 2013-09-18 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm extremely limited by using my paralysis and my tigers lust properly because my friend loves to randomly holy fire shit and it usually ruins my paralysis set ups. I'll have to tell him to stop using holy fire. I also don't use communication at all so it's going to be hard to co-ordinate CC better with him.

What do you do when Leg Sweep is off CD after you used it to peel? Will you be staying on the DPS granted they have no pressure anymore and your healer doesn't need peeling or will you be going on the healer?

What do you actually do vs (holy) paladins? Like I said, I had a tough time fighting awarr/hpal and even when I was "going hard" on the hpal, it didn't really do anything...

Edit: I just checked your monks armory for teh lulz and noticed your R1 world 2s team rating ever of 4,294,967,294 xDD ;P

Deleted
    You got outcomped by a large margin. While 3v3 is indeed awsome for now I have a strong felling that fotm 2s comps are even more mental then some previous patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    That could be, but I always like to think I've some chance of winning a game if I played it better no matter which comp >.<

That could be, but I always like to think I've some chance of winning a game if I played it better no matter which comp >.<
    False hopes. WoW is a game of FotM.

I feel like I'm extremely limited by using my paralysis and my tigers lust properly because my friend loves to randomly holy fire shit and it usually ruins my paralysis set ups. I'll have to tell him to stop using holy fire. I also don't use communication at all so it's going to be hard to co-ordinate CC better with him.
    Is it the Holy Fire DoT that breaks your paralysis? In that case, you should probably use the glyph. Unless he blatantly breaks the CC with Holy Fire direct damage, then yeah, you should talk to him.

What do you do when Leg Sweep is off CD after you used it to peel? Will you be staying on the DPS granted they have no pressure anymore and your healer doesn't need peeling or will you be going on the healer?
    I will probably remain on the DPS to set up my burst until Leg Sweep is off cooldown. Sometimes I may have to stay on the healer to prevent peels/CC on me (Dominate Mind, Repentance, etc).

What do you actually do vs (holy) paladins? Like I said, I had a tough time fighting awarr/hpal and even when I was "going hard" on the hpal, it didn't really do anything...
    Holy paladins, as any healer, are way tougher to kill atm until you get Grievous gear. I have won most of my games against them with the time running out and getting the buff. I fought hunter/hpaladin and sat on hunter after I deemed that the paladin wouldn't die. After getting the hunter close to death couple of times, I killed him with a 557k crit provided by the buff (love it lol).

And then couple of warrior/hpaladin teams, I sat on warrior to set up my burst and then swapped to paladin using the combo in my earlier post, and repeated this process until they either bubbled or died. I think in about one game out of 4 I actually managed to kill the paladin.

If there is like 2 minutes left of the game, and you have gotten the enemy to lower HP than they have got you, then I suggest waiting that 2 min by kiting / playing defensive and then one shot them.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2013-09-19 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    You do, it is just that the resilience change and 496 gear play a colossal part on the start of this season. Everything is tuned for 522 (?) so certain specs have a far better time on the 496 level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    You do, it is just that the resilience change and 496 gear play a colossal part on the start of this season. Everything is tuned for 522 (?) so certain specs have a far better time on the 496 level.
    I know this, but WW monks, with the mastery change, don't really notice the change -as much- compared to other classes I play (rogue).

@Divinism, you've been so much of help to me. I'll be sure to try out the combo you provided me with. I'm kind of amazed I haved come up with it myself (and kind of annoys me I have to find it out by asking others as I in general prefer to find stuff out for myself) but you certainly helped me ^^

I'll be telling my friend to stop doing random damage (yes I do use the glyph of paralysis) but he usually randomly holy fires on my paralysis xD

I play both WW monk and MW monk and know how to play them decently. My friend plays priest and arms warrior, but generally mains disc. He reached 2100+ on his priest in 2s, although I can't really notice him being above average.

Since the season just started I hopped into 2v2 with my friend to do some arena. We went OK first few matches because we kept facing lame double DPS comps. Now we're facing DPS/healer and I just don't fucking know anymore.

First painful match was versus a WW monk/Rdruid as Arms warr/Mw monk. The monk was doing so much damage I could barely even outheal (fully geared here, even using leftover PvE trinkets from previous patch) and I went oom so fast with the rdruid sitting on 200k+ mana. He was barely doing ANY damage whatsoever and everytime he got the rdruid below 80% the WW monk would just go peel mode 24/7 while still doing stupid pressure for some reason. Needless to say we lost the match, even with him stop nearly every fucking cyclone the rdruid manages to cast (which was truly the only fucking thing he cast).

So after becoming seriously frustrated with that game I told him to go on his priest and I would go WW monk, seeing that other WW monk doing insane pressure and doing nothing special except throw a paralysis in there once in awhile (which was really the only CC he ever used with the rdruid using that 3 sec roar once in awhile) I thought it wouldn't be hard to win games.
    Boy was I fucking wrong.

2nd or 3rd game we face an arms warr/hpal game. The holy paladin LITERALLY sitting at 300k mana THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME. I go on the warrior, TRYING to force some CDs from the paladin which we did. Wings on use that's all. Warrior popped die by the sword a couple of times and just tunneled my priest, even with me peeling the shit out of him until my priest went oom. After roughly 10-15 minutes with the paladin still at 300k hp, putting a CC chain on me I basically ragequit and alt-F4d WoW.

TL;DR People are doing insane pressure while I'm doing 0 at the same MMR, I don't even know what I'm doing wrong, my priest friend goes oom extremely fast aswell and even when we put a CC chain on the healer, the DPS loses 0 health.

I never ask for help on a forum, but I'm about to smash my head into the wall here.

You keep saying they did more pressure and you didn't notice them doing anything more...

I hate to tell you this but you didn't see what they did because they are on another level than you, and it seems until you stop rage quitting matches because someone is better than you and blaming classes....you will NEVER be anywhere near the level it takes to see what they do differently nor will you ever improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Don't forget Chi Wave can also bounce to CCd targets, breaking the CC.
    I know this, that's why I never chi wave while bursting, becuase most of the time i'll be using paralysis to stop a heal or wait for my rising sun kick.

Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    You keep saying they did more pressure and you didn't notice them doing anything more...

I hate to tell you this but you didn't see what they did because they are on another level than you, and it seems until you stop rage quitting matches because someone is better than you and blaming classes....you will NEVER be anywhere near the level it takes to see what they do differently nor will you ever improve.
    ...What? I don't even know wtf you're trying to say.

@PPN How do you go about positioning yourself though? My friend usually just chases around his kill target around pillars, which means I have to adjust my positioning... a lot. It's near impossible for me to heal him up aswell most of the times because others are doing sooo much pressure even through enveloping mist and soothing mist healing.
    If you play with a melee and he is doing that, then he does exactly what the other team hopes that he does. Its annoying when they just turtle mode at pillar ( had that yesterday against another warr/feral comp, yaaawn). whats basic in 2s is that once you are in combat your dps always needs to kite the enemy dps towards you while keeping up some pressure. In that way you always have los and the other healer needs to expose himself to cc.

They basicly did what i described now to you... That feeling when you have no los, you chase your m8 like a madman and ofc eat all the cc and interrupts

Deleted
    Have you rerolled the correct FOTM?