Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Tauren, let me blow your mind.

Okay, so... Tauren Paladins get their "Light" from the sun.

So, the sun is their source of "Light".

When a sun dies, it can create a black hole.

A black hole is a great 'darkness' (obviously a little more than that, but) that destroys everything.

The Naaru are connected to the 'Light'.

When they die they create a Void Lord, a dark creature that destroys everything.

Ya see where i'm getting at here?!

tl;dr The sun is a Naaru.

P.S. I dunno what that means for Mu'sha. Guess we'll just go with Space Elf Woman.

(Note: This is not to be taken seriously, obviously this was just a silly connection I noticed that you all should think about because it would be fun! :P)

Most stars don't turn into black holes when they die. Certainly anything like our sun would not. Unless Azeorth is orbiting a star about four times the mass of our own sun, it would become a white dwarf.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this thread came to my mind was:

If someone has a very small screen resolution, all they will see on the front page for this thread would be:

"Taruen, let me blow your..."

Horn of Gondor?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's the Tauren Paladin Hymn?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    there is already a theory that the "light" from the warcraft universe (the power that priests and palladins weild), actually comes from hidden Naaru. Them being 2, one for the sun, which powers the pallys and the priests, and the other Naaru working like the moon for druids. Remember how the blood elves could be pallys because they took the power from a Naaru? kinda like that.

so saying that the taurens "light" coming from a Naaru might not be wrong, but they do worship the sun.

Praise the sun!

The naaru are light incarnate, so uh, yeah, pretty much anything that gives off light based powers is at least somewhat connected to the naaru.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the Naaru being the source of all Holy Light and other similar things would be an interesting development. Also, I know many Night Elf fans think Elune being a Naaru would be butchering Night Elf lore (remember having this argument months ago), but I think it would add a nice overarching presence that ties everything together.

One of the problems with WoW lore is that it is so massive. We have things that essentially are the same things except with different names (Loa, Ancients, Celestials) because of all the different races/cultures in the Warcraft universe. Having Elune just being an actual deity would further complicate things. Luckily, it looks like Blizzard is going in that direction (Velen's conversation with Tyrande).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    So that's the Tauren Paladin Hymn?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
    My favorite song to test audio stuff with.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthstar View Post
    Okay, so... Tauren Paladins get their "Light" from the sun.

So, the sun is their source of "Light".

When a sun dies, it can create a black hole.

A black hole is a great 'darkness' (obviously a little more than that, but) that destroys everything.

The Naaru are connected to the 'Light'.

When they die they create a Void Lord, a dark creature that destroys everything.

Ya see where i'm getting at here?!

tl;dr The sun is a Naaru.

P.S. I dunno what that means for Mu'sha. Guess we'll just go with Space Elf Woman.

(Note: This is not to be taken seriously, obviously this was just a silly connection I noticed that you all should think about because it would be fun! :P)
    Naaru are more akin to elementals of the light instead of the light itself.

Anyways the tauren lore is that they believe that the sun is an eye of mother earth, so that is where they get their power from. It is more akin to Indian legends than anything.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Not all star turn into black holes.

Many races have different views on the same object.

When a candle ends the light disappears.
    When a torch burns out the light goes away.

Therefore, a candle must be a torch! *mind = blown*
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    Tauren paladins get their powers from hydrogen fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    When a candle ends the light disappears.
    When a torch burns out the light goes away.

Therefore, a candle must be a torch! *mind = blown*
    Give this man an award! He must be the smartest man who ever lived!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I think the Naaru being the source of all Holy Light and other similar things would be an interesting development. Also, I know many Night Elf fans think Elune being a Naaru would be butchering Night Elf lore (remember having this argument months ago), but I think it would add a nice overarching presence that ties everything together.

One of the problems with WoW lore is that it is so massive. We have things that essentially are the same things except with different names (Loa, Ancients, Celestials) because of all the different races/cultures in the Warcraft universe. Having Elune just being an actual deity would further complicate things. Luckily, it looks like Blizzard is going in that direction (Velen's conversation with Tyrande).
    How can a Narru mate with a stag to make a Demi-God?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    How can a moon mate with a stag to make a demi-god?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How can a moon mate with a stag to make a demi-god?
    Let me blow your mind.

The moon is a Goddess called Elune.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me blow your mind.

The moon is the eye of the Earth.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Let me blow your mind.

How can a slutty night elf goddess mate with a stag?

Where do Cenarius' children come from? Other slutty elves?

Because obviously legends created by druids did actualy happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats doesn't blow my mind..

This may though.

<Informational but not quite topical>
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-09-19 at 02:09 PM.
    #boycottchina